ITT Overrated "classics"

ITT Overrated "classics".

Pic related, I couldn't even finish it.

most pre-Eastwood westerns are fucking overrated shit anyway
Based Leone and Eastwood saved the genre

Yeah the over acting is really unbearable to watch.

is this satire?

I hope you get fucked in the ass with a machete.

>watching movies made before the 70s

>not watching films from the 50s and 60s which are both ripe with pure kino

oh, ok, it is satire
I was worried for a sec there

>not watching films from the 30s and 40s which are both ripe with pure kino

virgin detected

Fucking pleb, go watch more Capeshit, Starshit or Transformshit. Don't EVER post here again.

>watching movies made after the 70s

>Overrated "classics".
I can agree with your choice, however
>I couldn't even finish it
You literally missed what made the film great or are just baiting

Only a few american westerns are shit, when they tried to make the genre what today is capeshit. 40s westerns, John Ford's westerns, zapata westerns and spaghettis westerns are mostly great.

Agreed
Wayne is actually great in it for once but every other actor besides the Indian chief is god awful and makes it unwatchable, especially the sidekick

>not enjoying Chicago from time to time
do you unironically enjoy death grips?

Shawshank Redemption
Anything by the Coens
Lord of the Rings
A West Side Story
Films thay have been forgotten like Birdman The Revenant, Crash, Chicago, The Artist, Argo, Spotlight, La La Land

>saved the genre by striping away all emotional depth and thematic content, reducing the genre down to simplistic stylized action films
you're a pleb

>striping away all emotional depth and thematic content
>tuco and his brother in the good, the bad and the ugly
>the bridge and prison camp scenes in the good, the bad and the ugly
>the ecstasy of gold in the same film
>claudia cardinale's whole character in once upon a time in the west
Maybe in some spaghetti westerns, but these characteristics are non absent in any sergio leone western

lol this movie has nice cinematography but aside from that it's downright stupid.
Entertaining though
>dat moment when the Indian lady is kicked down

But the other Italians didn't take those very small moments as influences, they copied the bloodshed and scores and long shot + quick cut action style. That didn't save the genre, only endear it to future audiences who like action films

while this is true, american westerns were also doing the same (not exactly making clean action westerns, but more of goofy feel good hero westerns) by the time leone came.

it happens to every movie "genre" once it gets fairly popular tho

the face that saved cinema

fan of Leoneshit calling anything overrated, the plebeian cogntivie dissonance is amazing

>stagecoach
>overrated
>Spaghetti Westerns
>comparable to actual westerns
Now I know you know nothing of cinema

this film is a top 5 for me

I preferred The Shootist, or The Cowboys if you want something less depressing.

Reminder that The Searchers is the ultimate pleb filter
>filters out plebs who don't like older movies
>filters out plebs who think westerns need to be dark and gritty
>filters out plebs who complain about the "racism" while completely missing the point
Thank you John Ford. Thank you John Wayne.

Agreed, I watched it recently and it was very boring. Dollars trilogy is the best.

I turned it off right at the beginning when it said "Somewhere in Texas" and they showed me Monument Valley.

I recommend "It Happened One Night" (1934). Clark Gable is red-pilled as fuck. Feminism ruined movies.

>He hasn't seen the greatest ending shot of a film ever
PLEB
L
E
B

I respect John Ford's accomplishments but I find his films very unenjoyable.

i don't watch anything made before 1997

This had some really weird pacing. When you think they've been out searching for a few weeks it's all of a sudden been five years. What kind of shitty cowboys are they anyway who can't find a girl in five years?

purposefully choosing to be ignorant to so many potential ideas and philosophies that may influence you . . .

your loss.

this

Truthfully, The Searchers is kinda overrated. Cinematography is nice, but the story just sort of meanders and stagnates. Try these instead:

>High Noon
>Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
>Anything Leone, the man was a fucking genius

Stay away from anything Sam Peckinpah, never been able to sit through any of his films, his editing is horrendous.

Gone with the Wind

Seriously, what an awful fucking movie.

Racist to the core, the main character is a fucking awful human being that we are demanded to look at with compassion when she just fucking had all that shit coming, movie pictures confederates as angels and slave at happy worker who were hurt by being freed, every important male character in the second part are fucking member of the KKK. Seriously, fuck this movie with a crowbar, and fuck nostalgia and complete lack of critical thinking when it comes to this.

Sure, it was visually awe-inspiring for the time. But everything regarding the scenario and the characters is just disgusting.

The Searchers was a deconstruction of westerners before such came hip, and did it with better execution than anything that tried the same - lik eUnforgiven.

HN and MWSLV are great films too, better than TS imo but there are cinema history reasons for its praise that can't be disputed.

Wow, you sound butthurt, my mulatto friend.

I'm just tired this movie is seen as some sort of holy grail by people who never watched it but were told it's a great movie.

>filters out plebs who complain about the "racism" while completely missing the point

It's not even about racism. I love racism.

Putting white people in redface just looks fucking stupid.

I thought it was pretty decent. I watched it a while ago, though. The racial stuff is just the period and angle the south saw during that time.

That's the problem: The racial stuff is NOT the period. 1930s were racist, but there weren`t slavery apologists. This movie is just 4 hours of a bad ''love'' story covering up Slavery apology, such as the way that not a single character who could represent as likeable, or even more then unidimensional, and every single characters from the south are, if not saints, at least shown as the ''good guys''.

Seven Samurai
Man on Fire
True Grit
The Searchers

shit films Sup Forums likes:
Gattaca
Kingdom of Heaven DC
Fury Road

This is typical Sup Forums shitposting. OP wants to discuss the type of movies he's bashing but is too much of a pussy to just say so.

>"How can you trust a man that wears both a belt and suspenders? Man can't even trust his own pants."
Ford BTFO by Leone.

This

The best western are Leone's

>I have never seen a film from before the 90s except A West Side Story

I don't know if it's considered a "classic" but The Big Lebowski is boring, unfunny, Reddit-tier garbage.

Love the Dollar trilogy, but couldn't sit through this. It had the cinematography and music, but the story was dull as fuck.

It's okay to not like a film, but you sound like you have a personal problem with it. It's just a movie from a long time ago.

>I couldn't even finish it.
That's your fault you faggot.

Childhood is idolising Eastwood. Adulthood is realising Wayne made more sense.

I have a personal problem with people praising the shit out of a movie that deserves none of it, especially since the message in it is that awful. And its not on an individual basis. Every film critics, everyone who has a place in movie making doesn't seem to get the shit in that movie, and that's pretty annoying.

>
retweeting

Actually pretty corny when you think about it. I imagine in an alternate timeline it was a flop and Lucas became known as "that guy who made a movie about space wizards".

Blazing Saddles.

Starts out strong but REALLY drops the ball half way though.

*through.

Well, in this alternative timeline, I have some hard time believing in wouldn't at least be a cult classic

it's a great study in racism like most of these movies

Who posted that... WHO THE FUCK POSTED THAT AND JUST SIGNED HIS OWN DEATH WARRANT?!

Are you lost on that site? I advise you to redirect to the cinema section of reddit

Thanks for the very constructive comments. What about you actually make a point now?

Supposed to be a John Carpenter classic. You get a headache after 20 seconds.

>Based Leone and Eastwood saved the genre

They literally killed it. Notice how the genre is dead and buried for more than 40 years now? Pure coincidence! Once the mass audience saw it as a cartoon, it lost the appeal.