Rick and Morty

How the hell is this series so popular? It's not even funny. Is it because of Reddit? I'd imagine people who enjoy this show also really loved the Martian.

Thats alot of autism for one post m8.

I saw this for the first time the other night.

The first thing that struck me immediately was how bland the dialogue was. You can tell that they are aware of it, which is why the grandpa character coughs and hacks and wheezes all through his dialogue. It's supposed to make him SEEM like an interesting character, without every having to make him say anything interesting.

Its basically the cheapest, laziest way of "developing" a character, just enough to distinguish them from other characters in a visual sense. If one were to read the script with all the character names whited out, it would probably be very hard to tell who was who, until some obvious element of context made it apparent.

I also don't understand who the target audience is. The animation and presentation of characters (see above) is very juvenile, but the show is also filled with highly sexual themes.

I think main purpose of R&M is 'Alice-on-the-other-side-of-mirror' attitude. I.e. 'fuck the system' one. When you're enlightened, you ultimately discard that all shit, by means of which society strangles you: sends to kill other people, requires worshiping gods and authorities. That series ridicules all that by saying "Fuck that!" and that its main advantage.

Yes, and also the voice acting is terrible. It's just monotone reading of the script with a funny voice.

Youre forgetting one of the main themes of the series.

Just watched the pilot and I agree.
>dude hes drunk and he says bad words lmao
>dude everything looks like a nutsack lmao
>dude underage child inserting things into his anus lmao

Does it get any better?

it's an ez show to watch. i enjoyed it but would never rewatch it.

It was ok'ish for 2 seasons and then went full retard SJW with new writers. Season 4 is going to be the last season and it'll probably be cancelled midway.

>It was ok'ish for 2 seasons and then went full retard SJW with new writers

You already saw season 3?

How was it apart from "full retard SJW"?

There's only 2 seasons dude

fuck off you easily influenced parrot. there's only 2 seasons. you'd hate your mother if Sup Forums said she was a slag.

That's a pretty good insult, I have to say.

its popular because we all have different likes and dislikes, for example i dislike pop music, but i dont go on Sup Forums and question why other people like pop music, i just let them like it while i dislike it

This guy is autistic. There are only 2 seasons.

You guys/gals are judging it off a first episode basis.

Trust me, the show gets better and better. It's like "The Magic School Bus with only Arnold and a coke'd up Bill Nye."

Thats because youre not the key demographic on r9k, tv, or pol.

>Autists

What the hell is with anything science related and the martian

>lmao futurama? I bet if I froze you for 1000 years you'd wake up and want to watch the Martian
>oh Arrival? I checked the future and shortly after arrival they'll be checking out the Martian
>oh ho ho Interstellar? Gravity is leading you to watch the martian
>rick and morty? Take my portal gun and go to a theater near you showing the martian

yeah the first episode is one of the worst

except
>shoot him he's a robot morty

If you don't like it after 3 episodes then you can stop watching

Feeling a little insecure about your scat fetish?

im using this

The first episode was mildly entertaining; the second episode followed the exact format. Although I grew increasingly tired of the show with each episode, I continued watching it, but the bullshit sentimental episode with the magical television was the point at which I lost all hope for it. And I completely dropped it after watching the devil shop episode.
I think it appeals to retards who are too dumb to understand Curb, Frasier, and Brass Eye. I'd even watch Futurama over this crap again.

>If you don't like it after 3 episodes then you can stop watching

That goes for pretty much anything ever put on tv.

Alot of people here kept going on about "homeland", stopped after the 3rd episode. Same with "the bridge".

It's not that bad. You just hate it because of its association with le normie reddit shit. I'd say its dumber than Archer but smarter than Family Guy.

One of the few instances where the pilot is actually a lot worse then the rest of the show

I like the show a lot. It isnt much but it has some dark themes and very good episodes but its mainly just allright tbqhfam

What like season 1 of archer? Because archer has been stupid le randum shit for about 5 seasons now

i am fully secure about my scat fetish, are you feeling insecure about your inability to let other people like what they like?
this is the first time ive not been called autistic on Sup Forums, is this a good thing user?

>dumber than Archer

Nigga Archer is all antics and inside jokes.

R&M actually has the occasionally red-pill. And Im not using it ironically like pol. The episode about "couples therapy" is incredibly truthful to sexual dynamics between men and women.

>scat fetish
I'm curious. Do you enjoy women shitting all over you?

I'm fully secure of my amazement at how people find the show funny.

>its dumber than Archer
Impossible

>watching Reddit and Memey

>I'd say Archer is the smarter show, especially in terms of comedic writing and cast. They got Jessica Walter to say the least. Rick and Morty characters, especially the parents feel underdeveloped. It's more the Rick Sanchez show than a fleshed out comedy.

majority of people don't enjoy that, no. even with the fetish.

>I also don't understand who the target audience is. The animation and presentation of characters (see above) is very juvenile, but the show is also filled with highly sexual themes.
It's made for teenagers who want to watch stuff that they consider "adult" (ie sex, obscenity, drug use, etc.) but without the emotional depth that generally comes with that sort of thing. It's why most "adult cartoons" have exactly the same formula: get a bunch of quirky, random characters with weird names and weird appearances, then make them have sex and sling off racial slurs and do crack in their free time. Teens think it's cool, and that watching these "adult" cartoons it makes them more adult in turn, when in reality they're just watching juvenile, immature drivel. It's why cartoons like King of the Hill are so few and far in between: the makers of "adult" cartoons know exactly who their target audience is and make action-packed sci-fi/fantasy/le random ebic! shows with adult themes to appeal to them.

Today I typed reddit in a comment for the first time and Sup Forums thought I was spamming???

I said

blah blah blah
>inb4 go back to red dit

>everything on this website is serious
no, i dont have a scat fetish i was just riffing with the user who commented on my post

I never saw the Martian. I really like Rick and morty though. I don't care how popular/unpopular it is.

my dubs and your dubs confirm our securitys, want to fuck?

Not an argument.

If you say:

>I like Archer more

Thats totally acceptable. (I personally prefer Archer to R&M).

If you say "dumber than Archer", you need to back it up with an argument.

Sup Forums is full of logical fallacies. This isn't Reddit where you can expect a real answer/opinion bro.

I have a piss fetish and I enjoy women pissing all over me. What do scatfags even do then?

Just because 99% of all teenage faggots shitpost all day, doesnt mean Im gonna do the same.

Sorry, I only like feminine penises. I'm not really into gay shit.

Yeah I know but you're expecting too much from these 13 year olds who think they have a valid opinion on anything. Guarantee they have never seen good shows in their life other than Teen Wolf and re-runs of Super Natural.

And I'm not saying those are good shows, I'm saying that's probably what they consider god. Apart from cartoons.

i hope thats not insecurity talking

dat toe gap

Like I said. Archer is better written. RM dialogue mostly relies on non sequitors by Rick. The random-intergalactic-TV episodes really are the best examples of lazy writing. At least Archer has plot.

The devil shop one was actually quiet funny and clever though.

>brass eye
Muh nigga

>smarter than Family Guy
Is there anything on TV that's not smarter than Family Guy?

This show has to fucking come back on the air already. This is turning into Boondocks level piss taking.

Yes. It is literally the Reddit: the show

Yes, blame Reddit for all your problems. It won't solve anything, but at least you have a shitty excuse.

i dont watch reddit and memey