I've been watching S1 and is it just me or does every episode feel the same?

I've been watching S1 and is it just me or does every episode feel the same?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OxhnmzKlbU4?t=8s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's the appeal of it. It's why House is one of the worst series to marathon in a short span.

Enjoy the next 8 seasons

ALL of them?

It's a procedural, but it's a god-tier procedural, which makes it a mid-tier tv series. Character development is still there over the seasons, just take a break after a few seasons.

Seasons 3-6 are the strongest. as you watch more they become much more about the team's relationship with house, house's with Wilson and Cuddy, and House's drug addiction.

Overall it is a fucking amazing series that is let down by its last series, however the ending is worth sitting through s8. Dont get spoiled tho

It is an old style tv serie. In its format is very similar to series such as Colombo and Murder, She Wrote.
You should not watch too many enough in too little time. It is supposed to be one thing that you see on tv every now and then. Every episode is the same and it is based on a mistery and a moral problem. Both are solved always in the same way.

Is Dr. House the most retarded character ever appeared in TV?
I've never been able to believe in his character for not even a second. All I could see were writers writing a scene after another with this mythical, genius doctor that is able to do only badass things.

House and Wilson have provided me with the most laughs out of any bro-couple on TV. There's something really genuine when they're on screen together.

The first season is VERY monotonous. The seasons in the middle have a lot more variety. Though, it's still House. There will always be epiphanies in Wilson's office, House will always be saying lewd shit to Cuddy, racist shit to Foreman, etc.

They do get more variety though.

It's Sherlock Holmes but as a doctor, what did you expect?

He has a lot of fucking issues and is not as strong and cold as he puts on. I'm not sure someone can watch House and still come out thinking that he's "badass" or anything similar. Genius diagnostician though obviously.

anyway, watching this show with Sup Forums was fun, even if the last season was awful.

Have you seen Psych?

Can't you see how stupid that concept is?
Especially considering that they never really managed to capture the spirit of investigation.
Every mister is solved not through logical reasoning, but through shitty ''Eureka'' moments that never mean anything and that are completely unrelated to the rest of the episode.
Also they ALWAYS happen in the last 5 minutes.

no is it good

no

If you like House you will probably like Psych. I know i did.

>gets everything wrong for 2/3rds of every episode
>almost kills the patient every time because his first several guesses are wrong
>mythical, genius doctor that is able to do only badass things

Le kek.

its a really good portrayal of how smart people can have loads of problems despite being smart enough to know better and control it.

House is a literal bag of dicks, knows it, and cant help but be one anyway.

Psych is a funny show with a great bromance.

Why didn't she return for the final season, and make the entire ending suck?

>it's a "patients relative pretends to be a doctor" episode

>House's drug addiction.
If house was such a drug addict, why was he so wrecked that episode he took methadone?

He has several wrong guesses because those guesses are percieved as impossible by the rest of the cast.
Every patient would have died if Caddy, Chase and Foreman. It's always le magical genius badass doctor that comes out with a completely unrelated diagnosis in the last 5 minutes, and he's always him actively saving the patient while being smug about it.

Sherlock Holmes is very popular as a concept. There're 2 shows on TV right now directly about him, and others based around a genius (e.g. Bones.)

She got greedy, as jews do, so FOX fired her.

House had a serious amount of pain to cope with and because of that a serious addiction to vicodin. Anytime he tired to change things up, he got wrecked. Hell the methadone made things better before it fucked him up.

Crime shows regularly lead you down the wrong paths and you switch who you think did it several times. It's no different.

Because they are, with the exception of a few episodes here and there that are completely different, and the entire season 4 is also completely different.

It just doesn't make sense. If he's taking opioids as often as he is, he should have a high tolerance.
His tolerance always remains small and he never really even moves to stronger opioids. Hydrocodone isn't very strong as far as opioids go.

I'm saying that it is stupid to apply it to a medical setting.
In Sherlock Holmes books you usually can solve the mistery before Sherlock Holmes, and that's an added value. In Dr House the solutions to the misteries are medical diagnosis, wich obviously are outside of the knowledge of the general viewer (and if you're an actual doctor you won't be able to answer anyway since all these cases are bullshit anyway).

Dr House solving misteries is completely irrelevant to the viewer. It doesn't matter wether it was a strange type of cancer or some sort of contamination given by dirty water, it's not a real guess, it's just an occasion to make Dr House appear badass again with his genius hunches.

yeah, thats why focus is on character interactions and not actual cases, they are only there to give context to the characters

House is not really a medical mystery show. It is a character drama set around the framework of a medical mystery. This is why the medical stuff is largely rinse and repeat. The show isnt really about that.

please go

That's still added value, it is a meta-process in wich you not only experience the show itself, but also draw your own conclusion and get to see how accurate they were. It's one of the fundamentals strenghts of the genre.

In Dr House there is no obvious path. He usually gets the first diagnosis wrong because he try to go for the most probable approach. The viewer doesn't know what's the most probable approach in this case, nor does it know in what it consists. The level of abstraction of the first diagnosis (the simpler one) and the last one (the more situational one) is the same to the uneducated viewer. All the answers House can give us are meaningless to us, and those scenes are way too long to justify themselves.

Those scenes are not short in the slightest.
You're agreeing with me but you're still not seeing my point. I know that Dr House is not ONLY about medical investigation, but also about character interactions.
That said, medical investigation takes a big role and it is derived completely from the setting. Those character interactions could have been written in any other context, yet they've choosen the medical one, in wich the Sherlock Holmes part completely conflicts with the raison d'etre of the genre itself.

It would be like making a Sherlock Holmes-ish tv serie set in physics labs, in wich people say jargon words and get to very advanced, impossible to grasp, way too mathematical conclusions for 25 minutes and then interact with each other for 25 minutes.
Would you justify the first 25 minutes only because they were well animated? What if the quantum physics was not only uselessly hard, but also factually incorrect (like it happens many times in Dr House, when it comes to medical practice)? Would you keep justifying it?

It's a shit concept.

Debate me, mofo

Well, yes, but this isn't the first medical drama show. Others (Bones, Crossing Jordan, Quincy) were more police shows with lots of medical investigation, while pure medicine were more soap operas (which House mocked by having House be addicted to watching them.)

You didn't have to understand the medical science, just follow the layman's reasoning as they moved along. (And some of it was flat-out dubious, according to actual experts, to say nothing of time compression or other distortions for TV reasons.)

>just follow the layman's reasoning as they moved along
There is no layman reasoning behind what they're saying. You're actually learning nothing while watching it, you're just hearing random terms, looking at weird animated scenes and pretend that this was an actual intuition that you've understood.
What's really happening is that nothing you're looking at can actually makes sense to you.

>What's my necklace made of?
youtu.be/OxhnmzKlbU4?t=8s

Best moment in the show. Those two episodes.

>In Sherlock Holmes books you usually can solve the mistery before Sherlock Holmes
No, you can't.

Second season adds more character drama making the episodes feel more unique. Seasons 3+ go over board with it. Everything after season 2 isn't worth it

Those were "jump the shark" episodes your absolute fucking pleb. People like you are the reason the show became an embarrassing to watch soap opera. Fuck you

S1-4 are the best, s5 trails a bit, s6-7 are weak and s8 picks the show back up again

it's a procedural show, like law and order. there are probably 10 episodes in the entire series that don't follow the same formula.

but its a pretty good formula that's basically just set up to show off house being smart and snarky, so it worked for the first four or so seasons without bothering me

Exactly. Even on vicodin he is in pain. He at times throughout the show also takes stronger stuff from time to time. The methadone made him pain free but i don't remember what happened I think he took to high of a dose.

>and if you're an actual doctor you won't be able to answer anyway since all these cases are bullshit anyway

They're not actually, they had real doctors come up with them.

Fuckin jews man. She was so hot tho.

>Seasons 3-6

wtf, 2 is much better than 5 and 6. 5 and 6 are mostly shit except for a few token episodes, like the asylum stuff

If we're talking purely on the mystery aspect of the show and ignoring all the character drama/development (also a big draw of the show), the mystery part of most good House cases isn't so much what the disease itself is (if you learn anything in that regard it's a "bonus"), but how the patient got the disease and how that informs us of the character.

It's like shitting on a Trek series because they have a lot of technobabble. The shitty episodes do for sure, but the good ones will have a solution that was clever not because of some made up science thing, but because the character changed the way they were thinking about the problem.

>you can't always get what you want starts playing

The methadone made him pain free but it fogged his mind up and he couldnt think clearly
I always thought season 3 was a bit silly, with the cop going all over the place freezing people bank accounts and shit.

>"jump the shark"
Yeah, because everything before that was perfectly plausible.

I'm currently at season 3 and it's fucking killing me

I stopped caring about the patients over a season ago
It's so exhausting to watch

>s8 picks the show back up again

you can't be serious

the cases are real things with real science its just that they choose exceedingly rare diseases

The medicine in the show was often bullshit actually. It would get some of the basics right but they would shift around details or the order procedures are typically done so that the show can...well, be a show.

That being said, it was still more medically accurate than most shows on television which says a lot.

Why would anyone debate you is such a mystery even House couldn't solve it not even in the last 5 minutes.

why are you watching it then?

i don't even know

>god tier intro and finale
>House acting holmesian for once
>no cringeworthy house-cuddy scenes
>based foreman as dean of medicine
>House and Wilson bromance
gotta be a cuck to hate the final season

this is why...

>Park

Your argument is moot

Hard to argue with this one

Park>> thirteen

>series that is let down by its last series
I hate Europe.

the actual medicine is bullshit. most of the dieseases would be easily diagnosed with standard tests with no need for a medical Holmes.

Try harder

flush yourself

>muh huntingtons
>muh shit "character development"

I loved House back in the day but upon a rewatch I realized this is a TERRIBLE show with a FANTASTIC main character

it's a solid 8/10

I want to anal posses her.

I'd say most characters are really good. Wilson is fantastic, late seasons Chase and Foreman as well. But yeah, it's often poorly written. Also, all women in the show are really boring, and most of the time, just there to look hot (except for Park, I don't know what the fuck they were thinking there).

>. Also, all women in the show are really boring,

That's literally every tv show and real life

90% of it
It's very very character driven

I WANNA SUCK CUDDY'S CUDDIES
I WANT MILKY
MOMMYYY
MILKY

why was everyone ok with breaking into patients homes to go sniff their toilet seats for ostrich poison