Explain why you think this is better than Down Colorful Hill

Explain why you think this is better than Down Colorful Hill

Attached: Cover.jpg (1000x1000, 958K)

it has more emotional modes than just melancholy

ocean beach is a lot better than both of them though

Why do we have to fight over mark.

Attached: kozelek019b.jpg (800x797, 524K)

I dont

Way more ambitious and engaging than DCH. With the exception of medicine bottle no song on Down Colorful Hill matches the high points of self titled(Katy Song, Dragonflies, Mistress etc.) Colorful is good too tho.

I wish it was as consistant as down colorful hill but I couldn't pick favorites if I had to

It's more varied in emotions and sound. It feels more mature, it's generally just more interesting. Most people I know who have just started listening to Rhp say Down Colourful Hill is their best album, then most of the people who have listened to them far longer often say Rollercoaster is their best album - there's probably something to that.

Anyway Down Colourful Hill is still an excellent album, I just think Rollercoaster is a decent bit better. But I also think Benji, Ocean Beach, Ghosts of the Great Highway, and Perils from the Sea are pretty high up there.

Attached: 00.jpg (3691x2076, 599K)

Thoughts on the jim white/ben boyle collab? Its one of my faves personally

That, the Desertshore collab and the Sean Yeaton collab are the only stuff by him that I still haven't got round to. Definitely will make sure to make it next on the list now though. Must be excited for his collab with Donny McCaslin and Jim White that's out next year then?

I donno man, its been so hard to keep up with him lately. The desertshore collab is great. Isn't he releasing some self-titled solo album too?

Yeah he's got an album out in May under his own name - Mark Kozelek, which has two singles out and are both pretty great. He then has a Sun Kil Moon album out in winter, and then a collab album with McCaslin and White next year. It's all a bit much but I kinda like it - you can tell he's just having fun and wants to just keep hard at work and keep putting stuff out

"There are no panera breads in san Francisco"

Topo Gigio is fucking amazing

Because this album has way more variety, especially in song arrangements and lyrics. DCH is a great album but honestly rollercoaster to me is a 10

Yea, its like he finds the perfect blend of humor and sentiment throughout the project. Los margaritos and febuary rain are great too. It needs a vinyl release

This is the only one I listened to like two years ago in a random thread where you had to listen to the album posted beneath you, and I liked a couple tracks but not enough to check out their other shit

The music he released last year made me go back to his 2016 releases which I think at the time I couldn't really understand what he was going for. Now I really like Universal Themes and to a lesser extent Jesu/SKM. I don't know if he has an album I entirely dislike, there's always a cut.

Universal themes blew my mind when it came out. I must've listened to it about 50 times by now. But yea, its definitely hard to think up an all around genuinely bad all around. The closest thing to that would have to be yellow kitchen in my book

See that's the thing I even Yellow Kitchen has 'I'm still in love with you'. I liked the possum a lot when the single dropped I just wound up sleeping on the full release for a while.

Yea, that song is fantastic. Its odd how different it is from the rest of the album though

I think as a piece of raw art Yellow Kitchen is really solid. Mark has lots of interesting thoughts on it and he plays a lot with his delivery. It just not very listener friendly. Common as Light and Love really does it for me, though.

The part where he was talking about his cough and got really into it was great. Common as light is fantastic too. I'm glad I dished out the $40 for a vinyl copy

I could have bought a copy for cheap at his show and I didn't. pretty ashamed. But hey I got a Mark ben and jim cd a day before its release instead.

Attached: hmmmm.jpg (1574x1572, 1.45M)

Its okay, we've all made mistakes. Like one time in new orleans I bought an andrew jackson jihad vinyl when I could've gotten a current 93 cd