Films that peak in the first 10 minutes

Films that peak in the first 10 minutes

Saving Private Ryan

Bill did nothing wrong

The Rock

Except for being racist. No human is illegal.

28 weeks later

Final fight and the riots>>>First fight

It's like THE reason to keep watching.

Up

Full Metal Jacket

This peaks in the first 5 minutes

Saving Ryan's Privates

This movie never peaked period. It never even launched.

This is by far the best example. I remember watching it for the first time and getting incredibly hyped from that start. I thought I was in for the ride of my fucking life, my blood already pumping from picturing myself running for my life like that. Then it just instantly deflated and became really really retarded up until the end.

Why couldn't the movie have just been about Robert Carlyle running for his life?

>Why couldn't the movie have just been about Robert Carlyle running for his life?

It happens

>Why is the movie only about Rober Carlyle running for his life?

the entire opening portal scene was very exciting and had some great cgi

I have no idea how they managed to make this movie so boring.

they just didn't have any good material for the human side. not to mention the constant cutting to some boring human scene when we just want the story to progress. the human side are all 1 dimensional characters. durotan, gul'dan and garona are the only interesting characters. even orgrim feels like he was a bit pushed off the side and rushed imo

Pretty much. Warcraft has so much actually interesting lore and cool battles that it's just boggling how bad this was.

Fellowship of the ring most definately

Susperia

came here to post this

For real I'd almost say they shot themselves in the foot by making such a good first 10 minutes if they couldn't keep that going for the full run, it just makes everything after feel so much worse
I actually missed the first 30 minutes for some reason when I first saw it, I think I started watching when the kids first left the safe zone and found their mum and I enjoyed it all the way though. If my expectations had been set up from that intro I'd have hated it though.

Most James Bond movies

you are a comfy guy

Raiders of the Lost Ark

By being racist you're cutting out a major part of the workforce that WANTS to work for you. His arrogance led to his death.

Of course, he's the only character in the film with character, so whatever.

Drive

The Departed

>Irish
>work

Pick one.

In the first 10 seconds actualy

Yeah I agree. With that start you get annoyed with how docile everything becomes, and when the second outbreak happens not even that part manages to measure up to the start because it lacks everything the start had.

I think I'd still be annoyed by how they just stuck all the characters in a single dark room just to make it easier for the writers to explain how everybody got infected, though, start or no start. That shit is stupid enough on its own.

He had well enough incentives to bring them to the table. He thought himself Caesar, but apparently didn't finish the book.

In complete agreement with these.

Wrong, best part of Full Metal Jacket is the middle part when he's actually in the shit.

2001: A Space Odyssey

FPBP. There's is literally no reason to keep watching after the beach has been secured.

The Revenant. The opening Indian attack was great then it's two hours of Tom Hardy yelling about pelts and Leo scowling and scrambling about in the woods

Also Die Another Day. The pre credits sequence of Bond fighting the North Koreans is a pretty great action sequence. Then you get the god awful Madonna song and everything afterwards is basically the worst of the Bond movies

I could watch days of soldiers in WW2 desu. I'd spend my whole lifetime with the entire war at my disposal if I could.

/thread

you must be 18 to post on this board

Die Another Day

That's because Danny Boyle literally directed that first segment.

The rest of the movie was the new director.

>bear scene
>Fitzgerald trying to choke out Glass and Hawks death
>Wierd brows threatening Fitzgerald
>Glass raiding French settlement
>Glass fending off Indians on horseback
>Manhunt for Fitzgerald
>Final fight between Fitzgerald and Glass
This movie is full of really good and suspenseful scenes

Up

:(

28 Weeks Later

Temple of Doom

This.

SPR goes from amazing to propaganda real quick.

Prometheus
Gravity
Inception
Fury Road (peaks in 20 minutes)

Propaganda for what?

Not only the peak of the movie, but it's a consistent downhill slide to retardation throughout the rest

still, an incredible 10 minutes of cinema

For the US Armed Forces.

99% of all horror movies.

The WWII era American military was a good thing though.

if you go back and watch that first battle, it's filmed horribly. Some of the worst action shots you'll ever see.

are you being serious or...?

that opening shot without any cuts was fucking awesome

The Revenant

Da Fifth Element

Quite compelling up till about 15 minutes in

WALL-E

This

It was a good movie, but nothing tops the opening.

Revenge of the Sith

Every single capeshit movie ever made, since the production logo at the beginning dwarfs anything that comes later in terms of artistic merit and enjoyment, and it is a very, very steep drop from there.