He thinks hip hop is anywhere close to becoming a serious art

>he thinks hip hop is anywhere close to becoming a serious art
Why are people here so delusional? Hip hop can be fun but it's not anywhere close to classical or even rock. I appreciate people playing around with the genre because innovations are always admirable but there's just not much to innovate. Just start listening to some other music and you'll get that sooner or later.

Attached: 1516823445744.png (485x443, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/thepablocollective
youtube.com/watch?v=JREjbvpQQfs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

glad this is bait, because actually having this opinion means you'd have a mental disability

Give me some hip hop music that has as much virtuosity as some of the most acclaimed classical pieces.

classical music does not appeal to the same sensibilities as rap music, or much modern music at all really, it's extremely close minded to then act like an art form can't be "serious" because its not held to the same standards and rules as classical

what are you even arguing
you're alternating between hip hop not being a serious art and it not being as good as the best classical and rock pieces, even though those two things don't have anything to do with eachother

Ever heard of To Pimp A Butterfly? Madvillany? Every Sup Forumscore rap album? Virtually every acclaimed rap album not mumble core?

Guess I phrased it wrong. Show me something that takes a comparable amount of skill and practice.

>acclaimed rap album

acclaimed by who, 14 year old white girls who dropped out and got pregnant?

Bait or not.
Why does Hip Hop trigger people so much?

You know, I would love to see the world from your point of view, but I'm afraid all I'll see is darkness from your head being so far up your own ass.

Attached: Comb23032018022320.jpg (1080x960, 246K)

Because it's made by and for The Blacks™

The only issue I have with hip hop is how dated it becomes. Not in the sound, but in the lyrics. They always mention trendy clothes or material goods and slang of the time and make their own genre's classics/roots unrelatable to younger listeners. They alienate their own fan base and it leads to the mumble shit we have today. I'd understand if it started in the 30s, but hip hop is still fairly young as a genre

They said the same shit about Lemonade and it was literally an ode to black female stupidity

Does not matter

congratulations, you've realized that hip hop is literally just the verbal form of fucking sneakers

hip hop is a wonderful art form as it is but that doesn't mean there isn't room for innovation, that's what I'm tryna do now

OP is considerably gay in his 13 year old reasoning but i kinda feel like hip hop has never really been as creative as parallel genres, possibly due to the fact that its so closely tied to social events and factors rather than artistic ones. that said, i'd love to hear something that challenges this statement

post a link to your sc fuccboi

bet
soundcloud.com/thepablocollective

I'm trying to do this, disconnecting the lyrics almost entirely from world events and current trends. I'm still commenting on the way things are going right now, but it's less institutions and events and more abstract concepts like postmodernism and the way people's behavioral trends are changing

Who fucking cares.
>Wow a rapper mention some popular brand of the time
>Oh gorsh NY slang how scary
Mentioning trendy clothes of the time doesn't date anything. Ever listen to De La Soul?
Must feel nice going on Sup Forums and being so inept to actually argue anything.

>soundcloud.com/thepablocollective
not bad at all, but turn your vocal takes down dear god

write a few bangers then send to the right labels m8 actually not terrible

>arguing with dubs and trips at the same time
>expecting an honest debate on a Taiwanese fly-fishing forum
Why are you so invested in this? Are you having a wicked bout of SpergRage™?

It lowers the replay value imo. If I don't know most of the references a group or artist make why would I want to listen to them or how would I try to understand them? Pause the song and look up what a kangol hat is?

I knew that piece of mediocre crap was overrated but no to that extent. Maybe le wrong generation fags are right. The general publics standard has really lowered.

This. I don’t agree with op, but god damn you kendrickfags are cancer. OP, rap is not on the same level as classical or jazz as far as required practice or even skill, but that has nothing to do with it as an art form. It is a unique form of musical expression that can be moving when done right. I’d tell you some stuff to try out, but it seems pretty obviously not for you.

I don't personallly agree that it's the most perfect album ever, but like it or not, it received huge acclaim and fit the OP's description. And it's actually funny, because that's the exact same way I view My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

>They said the same shit about Lemonade
Who is "they?" Lemonade is not on the same level of critical acclaim as TPAB. TPAB has stayed relevant and influential. Lemonade has not. You're likening two albums which have never been in the same category just to make your weird, shitty argument.

youtube.com/watch?v=JREjbvpQQfs

Basically this entire album

Attached: 4vgy652l8mxf71lm7451ptmnd.900x900x1.jpg (900x900, 173K)

>best example is two white guys
What does it mean

You people are retarded. Pop music =/= art music. You can't judge everything by the same shitty standards.

Attached: musig.jpg (1576x887, 106K)

As a fellow classical listener I'd kindly ask you to eliminate that broom out from your rectum.

>To Pimp A Butterfly? Madvillany? Every Sup Forumscore rap album? Virtually every acclaimed rap album not mumble core?
>has as much virtuosity as some of the most acclaimed classical pieces.
Nigger what

>abstract concepts like postmodernism and the way people's behavioral trends are changing
If you're not a genius your music will be a steaming pile of ridiculously pretentious dog shit that someone has stepped into and smeared all over the fucking place.

Anything that came out on Def Jux between 2000 and 2003