What causes Autism? Why is it on the rise?

My uber driver said he has two children, one with autism and one with Aspergers. What are the chances of that? What actually is causing it?

Other urls found in this thread:

jhsph.edu/news/news-releases/2014/johns-hopkins-bloomberg-school-of-public-health-researchers-find-association-between-ssri-use-during-pregnancy-and-autism-and-developmental-delays-in-boys.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7OfX7CTdXio
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

more people are being diagnosed with it

>My uber driver

kill yourself

explain?

not enough fat in the damned milk anymore

The Jews

This
I was diagnosed with autism and I turned out fine.
That's why I'm on Sup Forums where real discussion takes place and not Sup Forums

Risk factors include old parents and mothers being fat during pregnancy. Also, society is weak, so instead of aborting or letting them die naturally in the woods, these abominations are allowed/forced to survive.

>Sup Forums
>real discussions

kek

Not only are more people being diagnosed with it, more issues are falling under its umbrella. Like, there's no ADHD anymore, it's considered autism now, among others... Almost all mental illnesses are now autism.

Destroying European males

Nope.

The diagnosis rate increased to mask the real autistic figures. The autism spectrum was created to lump basically adhd kids in with the actual full blown brain damage teir ones that got fucked by first gen mmr vaccines.

Vaccines DID cause autism, Actual autism from 1985 - 1993 or so. Anyone with autiam born then or after by people still using those MMR vaccs got full blown chemical teir autism.

Basically, the child would start with high fever, eventually their assnd belly area was go bright red till purple, the skin would harden like leather as the kids immune tract was under attack. Eventually followed by bleeding on the brain and walah. The kid has speech impediments and aggressive as fuck autism. Not only that, but gastro problems for life.

Autism stopped happening via vaccine by about 95 when they silently pushed it all away, using the spectrum to mask it. The kids born 85 to 93 came of adulthood the last decade, this is why it suddenly became prevalent in the media. Again, swept away.

Now autism is just an extreme adhd diagnosis while the real severe autistics caused by the WHO get no compensation or help what so ever.

Theres always fire where you find smoke.

mercury in everything, high fructose corn syrup, vaccines although they have less now than they did, and mercury in the food and water, and air.

Everyone took drugs in 70s and 80s. This is the result of that.
/thread

>Like, there's no ADHD anymore, it's considered autism now,

Theres a debate about the relationship between ADHD and Autism, but its not like they pulled the trigger on the issue in DSM5.

Thats not really why the rate is "rising," though. In the 70s, Aspergers didn't exist. The only people diagnosed as autistic were the nonverbal, hand flapping, head bashing types. They're still rare, as rare today as they were in the 70s. Today, we've got this high functioning autism concept and the criteria cover a lot of people. More to the point, you have more doctors willing to diagnose and more who have a grasp of the concept and more people looking for an answer now that autism is the cause of the week.

The rates aren't going up, the diagnoses are. Give it a decade and we'll have something else. The same kids getting autism diagnoses today were getting pediatric bipolar diagnoses ten or fifteen years ago and ADHD diagnoses in the 80s.

Nature is working to rid the world of white people. Look at it: Allergies, autism, mental illness, obesity. White afflictions. It's obvious your time in the world is over.

Autism Awareness Causes Autism Diagnosis.

It isn't complicated. Reflect on those 5 words for a bit and you will see how obvious this shit is.

AACAD, my friend. AACAD.

old lead water pipes?

SSRI medication during pregnancy

This.

People blame it for everything, it used to be ADHD as the go to "I'm a terrible parent what can I blame for my children being little cunts" but now it's autism.

Probably this and vaccines causing brain inflammation.

Soem autists are like serious brain damage and others are just off. I think calling it a spectrum is stupid because i think te bad cases are actual brain damage and the mild often are just personality differences

go on... tell me more

Is it actually on the rise, or is the definition of what we consider autism just expanding?

Because according to modern doctors there is no such thing as a weird person, it's all mental illnesses and it's not their fault.

>2016
>not having a mood disorder

I actually have assburgers and I was diagnosed by a Jew at around 14 years old. Now that might set off some red flags for Sup Forums, but trust me I actually have it. Can't interact socially in the slightest and I have the thing where my hearing is super sensitive in public. But is it actually being misdiagnosed? I'm not sure. My parents sent me to some therapy session thing with other autists (this was at like 17 years old) and I hated everyone, they all were weebs and I mean I enjoy anime from time to time but the way they were talking without any restraint was absolutely disgusting. It was like those cringe compilations you see on youtube, I never said a word and wondered if I was the only one with actual autism, or maybe I just have a form where I can actually restrain myself from being autistic in public. I don't know.

Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Researchers Find Association Between SSRI Use During Pregnancy and Autism and Developmental Delays in Boys

jhsph.edu/news/news-releases/2014/johns-hopkins-bloomberg-school-of-public-health-researchers-find-association-between-ssri-use-during-pregnancy-and-autism-and-developmental-delays-in-boys.html

late pregnancies

I worked my ass of to get a Tism diagnosis but I failed because of my expressiveness and sarcasm. Missed out on LOADS of free shit because of it. Now all I have is the passé "social anxiety" and "depression" AKA life in 2016.

Continue

Use during pregnancy....

Over diagnosed.
>i see you're playing with a doll so off comes the penis

Back then they were thought of just being weirdos.

Today, we have an official diagnoses for them.

As someone who actually studied it a lot in school its several things

all of these things increase the risk of it happening

>bad genes
>obesity in pregnant women
>widespread pesticide and herbicide use affecting fetuses and infants, especially glyphosate
>air pollution
>use of certain medications including SSRIs by pregnant women
>mental/physical illness in pregnant women
>certain chemicals in consumer products

under certain conditions vaccines can most likely trigger it in susceptible infants but IMO its not the main cause

The general increase is caused by how fucked our lifestyles have gotten in the west with all sorts of drugs, pills, industrial chemicals, pesticides, herbicides etc in our bodies at every moment combined with terrible diets and lifestyle choices. There is a reason the rate is way lower among the Amish.

Uber

i don't know but i want a fucking cure for aspergers
ruined my fucking childhood

I just wanna say that you've accidentally outlined the reason why kids STILL get autism in large amounts, even with its ADHD tier diagnosis.

KIDS AREN'T GETTING EXPOSED TO ENOUGH DISEASE.

A lack of exposure, ESPECIALLY exposure to helminths, is leaving kid's immune systems untuned, and unprepared, and autoimmune disease rates are SKYROCKETING.

Yes, this also means that obese parents can cause their kids to be born with autism.

More mothers than ever giving birth over thirty.

Vaginas have an expiration date.

You sure you wouldn't be a normie liberal now if you didn't have it?

I'm on mobile so I can't see your flag properly, but it seems Australian. This is backed up by the fact you went full retard.

In fact, you went more retarded than the children you lie about getting autism from vaccines. You went so retarded that you transmitted some of your retardation to me, this fucking up my grammar for this post.

Congrats Australia, you remain the worst shitposters on this Taiwanese sock puppet forum.

thank god my mother cut off all drugs while pregnant
I could have been super fucking autistic it seems

Maybe this is the human version of Calhoun's experiment on rats?

There were mices that in crowded environments have a mentall breakdown, but the thing is most mammals have a primitive version of a society as opposed to a hive.

but humans are pretty resilient.

could be a thing also?

and if air pollution increases the risk are there a bunch of autistic chinese out there?

This graph is fucking terrible and gives me no relevant info on med usage and rising autism rates you pleb.

>uber
>driver

ADHD (from my experience only) is a sleep disorder, the cognitive impact is from sleep deprivation. Many kids with autism will probably also have sleep issues. You can make the ADHD go away with better sleep, but the remaining symptoms will be autism.
ADHD overlaps autism in symptoms because your brain is making sense of the world using a fucked up, sleep deprived screen grab it made. You are on a different wave length and you don't understand how other people think. It causes the same isolation and the same aspie approach, but it's not the same condition

Autists are the next stage of human evolution. The age of men is over. It's our time now.

I believe you, please continue.

i don't care what i become as long as i can be happy

People have children when they are older which increases the risk of autism.

Where does he live?
Do they have well or city water.
If well water, do they give the kids fluoride tablets?
We had to take fluoride tablets as kids and both me and my brother have a touch of aspie though all it did to me was raise my IQ and give me perpetual adolescent face.
Fluoride is terrible.

Vaccines you dummies. Probably also taking pills during pregnancy.
My children will not be getting any vaccines.

youtube.com/watch?v=7OfX7CTdXio

It's caused by SSRI (anti-depressant) use in pregnant women.

The anti-vax movement was started by pharmaceutical companies to cover it up with a bigger story to buy them enough time to downplay/destroy the research and studies revealing it.

SSRI's are their biggest cash cow.

How dare you leave the house

It's being diagnosed more, because we not only know more about how it works but want to profit off of bad parents. Autism might be what is causing people to reproduce in the face of imminent global collapse. Who fucking knows.

Amish and menonites never had a single case of autism in history. They vaccine though, so i think the underlying catalyst is tv, computers, ipads and shit like that. Look at 3rd world countries where people sont use alot of electronics other than radio. Theres a pattern but ita no vaccines.

If one child has autism it's more likely the other ones will.

Combination of rising diagnosis/more things being considered autism, and some unexplained rise in autistic tendencies.

>uber

Yeah, as someone diagnosed with it, Asperger's is basically just thinking social conventions are bullshit and a waste of time.
There was also some weird OCD like habits I had but that shit has pretty much stopped since I've gotten older.

Those autism pills don't sell themself.

Over-diagnosis stemming from narrow demands for childhood male behavior.

Racial mixing

>What are the chances of that?
genetics, you retard

>I was diagnosed with autism and I turned out fine

the rates are the same, the definition is what has changed.

20 years ago, people with mild autism would not have been defined as autistic, but now they are

kill yourself

the internet

Doesn't Aspergers lead to Autism?

The only pattern is internet exposure and parental neglect, be if of their own physical health or emotional. And internet exposure is a surefire way to acquire autistic tendencies because there is a marked lack of social consequence.

Autism is just being an obsessive socially inept nerd. Which is the best thing you can do with you pathetic life.

>male behavior.

Explain this to an actual female autist, what did I have to accomplish at the age of 6 to be diagnosed because at that point all I did was lick the bus windows too much because they were deliciously cold. I'll never apologize for this.

age off the mother when giving birth..!!!

anywhere over 25... every year you increase the chance of mental health issues by 2%...
past 35... it start rising faster...

> women have kids later in life
> more autism

women are getting pregnant later

1.- The definition of Autism has been extended
2.- Women having children near their 40s

I'm not reading this.

needles

Ask for the source you prole.

>There is a reason the rate is way lower among the Amish.
because having the bible memorized and sporting a neckbeard is the definition of baller in their world

People are having kids later in life than in previous generations, and women over 30 have a higher risk of having a child with autism due to their eggs beginning to age. Also, modern society has gotten better at identifying people with Autism and Aspergers, so we also have cases that would not have been classified as being on the autism spectrum in previous years.

I'm a prole. What is the source of this amazing information that I didn't read?

no idea if it's related, but i blame plastic.

we put everything in plastic nowadays, and have for quite a while.

has there been any studies at all on the negative health effects of doing this? does anyone know?

I get a feeling autism is indistinguishable from being Amish, or at least that a person with autism would thrive under those conditions.

We don't know faggot.

Autism diagnosis has been pretty shit so any kind of data before recently is unreliable on the autism rates.

It's possible we're just getting better at detecting autism, it's also possible that autism is actually increasing.

Holy fuck everyone in this thread is mentally handicapped and/or horrifically stupid.

Aspergers IS Autism. It's a mild form.
Vaccines DO NOT cause any form of Autism. If you think they do, please provide FACTUAL evidence.
Autism isn't on the rise, we're just getting better at diagnosing it.

Holy fuck I think I need to go curl up in a fetal position and cry, I lost about 10 fuck-tillion brain cells reading the posts in this thread.

probably something the mom does/eats

>image.png

>does anyone know?

We'd have to give a legitimate shit first.

Step up your game leaf, it's the best you can do

correlation does not imply causation. i could overlay that graph with "Number Of Toyota Corollas Manufactured" and probably get it to fit

I've come to a realization lately, this will sound crazy but bear with me.

Autism is infact an evolutionary offshoot, a mutation if you will, designed to produce a class of people genetically predisposed to ensure the moral and cultural well being of a society. While the Autist is ridiculed for their social ineptitude and bizarre focus on eclectic passions, it is infact these traits that make them invaluable guardian's of our people's spirit.

Like the Guardian class in Plato's Republic, only the autistic man has the rigid principles and lack of social attachment necessary to guard against creeping vice. He has no job, no friends, no gf because he was made this way. He cannot be swayed by the temptations of the flesh, and has no responsibilities or distractions to keep him from his duty. While the normies go about their mundane lives, the Autist keeps a lonely vigil, ever watchful for the degeneracy that seeks to infect his flock.

As to why it seems there are more as of late, I can only speculate. Perhaps in times of great need, when a society's very morality is in danger, there is some sort of trigger that causes more Autists to be born. Maybe some sort of stress hormone produced by the mother in utero? Regardless of how, the fact that we are seeing so many born recently certainly does not bode well, as it can only mean that truly dark times are ahead.

>p = 2.366e-07
>r = 0.9972

your wife's boyfriend being a nigger with an IQ of 10.

or vaccines

OMG wtf? I hate Autistic children now!

I'm inclined to think it's environmental.

Not enough activity in prepubescence.
Too many screens hamper developing an understanding of body language and expression.
It's easy to be a recluse, which kids with difficulties from the former often become. This only sets back relationships and social skills further. Chemicals probably have something to do with it.

Ofc there's full-blown bash-head-into-desk autism too. That idk.

Replace autistic with gay and you've accurately described why the gay gene is relevant in human society.

Though of course its hardly that way nowadays.

t. A gay guy.

I see you've taken the blue pill.

television, facebook and twitter, mostly
that and brain cancer.

It's a combination of things, like all answers to questions like this.
Some of it is because the spectrum is became much more prominent in media, from being completely unknown outside professional circles just a few decades ago to where every quirky character like Sherlock is on the spectrum. This has two effects; people who would have not known there was anything different about them except they were 'nerdy' realizing they fit the description and self diagnosing, and people who are not on the spectrum self diagnosing incorrectly.
The other main cause that leads to something like that graph is the rise of the internet and social media making it many factors of magnitude easier for people with common likes to meet, form a relationship and have kids. This leads to nerds who have part of the spectrum meeting nerd girls who also have part of it but exhibit in in different ways meeting when before the internet they never ever would have met each other and now they are having kids and omg our kid has autism how could this have happened.

It's a bunch of other things I'm too lazy to type.

It's not vaccines.