I don't have especially high hopes, but

Is it any good?

Attached: Boarding House Reach.jpg (300x269, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stereogum.com/1987906/premature-evaluation-jack-white-boarding-house-reach/franchises/premature-evaluation/
youtube.com/watch?v=c24Wp4N34oA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.

Any of the tracks worth listening to were released as singles before the album came out imo, Everything You've Every Learned gives me chills though. Too bad it's basically only 1:30 long.

Don't listen to the haters. The album is at least as good as Lazaretto and comparable to Blunderbuss.

you should probably definitely listen to anything that pitchfork pans

what happened to sophies cheek implants

eh, it's not god awful but nothing very impressive either

my cursory impression is a 5/10

Not that bad. Is a 6 or a 7 for me, it just feels kinda rushed. Like if he recorded the first idea he got, and didn't work it out at all to improve it. Is a big jam session.

He is nothing without Meg desu

stereogum.com/1987906/premature-evaluation-jack-white-boarding-house-reach/franchises/premature-evaluation/

Destroyed by a nu-male on Stereogum

blunderbuss in my opinion was the last good thing he did put out, even tho you could hear already he enters his whiny phase, but the songs still had some good delivery, and they felt like he actually put some effort into making them

lazaretto was already a massive step down, and now he put out this half assed thing which mixes one of his corniest habits like faux pass rapping, 'weird on purpose' choruses and voice overdubs (I only liked them in TWS), and on top of it he put some modern-ish sounding keys, and there is this one song which sounds like something lenny kravitz or rhcp would do

there are few moments with some intricate jams like intro for respect commander or the one in ice station zebra, but the songs themsleves suck big time

The man has lost his mind but I kind of like it because it’s so all over the place. It would’ve been better if he remembered to write songs though.

S N O O Z E

youtube.com/watch?v=c24Wp4N34oA

Attached: 1442191811906.jpg (1024x768, 58K)

holy fucking shit

Is that good or bad?

bad

t. plebian

t. jack white

the album is okay, as long as you don't mind the oddity here and there. if you go into it expecting it to sound like his past stuff, you aren't going to like it.

How would I describe this album in a nutshell? Its somewhat like how it might sound if Lenny Kravitz, Beck, Childish Gambino, Queen, George Clinton, James Brown, Beastie Boys and Frank Zappa's music was all put into a blender mixed with high octane steroids. A wonderful group of horn players, bassists, keyboard players, drummers and percussionists all contributed to this deconstructed/reconstructed melange of.... what chopped up funk/soul/psychedelic samples in hip-hop might sound like if played straight up by live musicians. Cultural appropriation doesn't become an issue here because White understands his musicality so well at this point, he can successfully lick his own funky emotions.

I've been doing this lately and it's been working out well.

Honestly its fucking awful. Just terrible. Seriously. I have no idea what he was thinking.

wtf is that cover art

>stereogum.com/1987906/premature-evaluation-jack-white-boarding-house-reach/franchises/premature-evaluation/
TL;DR: A whole lot of words saying absolutely fuck all.

>hasn't listened to The Raconteurs
hahahahahahaha

anyone have a download?