Is there a more textbook example of "shit movie, but people like it because it makes them look patrician" than this?

Is there a more textbook example of "shit movie, but people like it because it makes them look patrician" than this?

Eh, if that's what you think people really use as a Patriciandom signifier you know shit people

Try Satantango, Behemoth, Walden: Diaries and Sketches, Nightfall, Leviathan, Lieder Der Erde

You need to aim for people bragging about these
They're also pretty good, the bunch of them, to be honest

The OG of that fake shit. The girl is qt, but you know I'm right

The thing is, The Lobster is seriously not a good movie.

It has all the parts, but it falls completely flat. The satire gets repetitive, the plot is throwaway and the absurdism often falls flat.

It's not a good movie, it's the idea of a good movie. But it's the kind of thing you're supposed to like, otherwise you don't "get it".

It started off great when it was introducing us to this absurd world but then it didn't really go anywhere interesting.

The movie is fine but its obviously not for everybodies taste.
Absurdist comedies are fun because most of the time you cannot predict what will happen next

someone made a thread the other day about how this movie is basically 'no singles policy greentext: the movie' and it all fell into place for me

It's comedy isn't for everyone, but it really hit the spot for me.
I understand that the film kinda descended when he left the hotel, but I still really enjoyed the whole movie.
Different strokes for different folks, dude.

The thing is, by all accounts the Lobster is the sort of movie I should actually love. It's not that it isn't my kind of movie, I simply think it came off as poorly done and self-fellating.

Birdman, LaLand

Literally Me the movie

Fight me IRL

legitimately good movies

when and where, you unreconstructed whelp of a whore!

Thank God your mammy died givin' birth, or she'd have died of shame.

The Lobster is brilliant. You either hate it because you don't get it, or it triggered the fuck out of you.

correct
I saw it last year and I liked it fine. I guess it just appeared on Netflix or something because suddenly Sup Forums is talking about it.

I mean, the editing was pretty good right? But other than that, even though I love it, I have to agree with you

Trips n quads confirm
Based user

The Lobster is a comedic masterpiece, but people view it as a drama somehow.

films people never in a serious relationship will never understand general?

It's an okay movie with a great script.

Most of the New Wave is kinda trash. Some things about them are interesting, but as a whole they're terrible.

I AMMMMMMMM THE MAN OF CONSTANT SORROWS

This. The first half is great, but goes nowhere.

Out of all the pretentious flicks you could've chosen you pick something that is actually good. You should feel ashamed.

It was an interesting experience so I give it points