Kendrick's past three albums:

GKMC
>A semi-autobiographical coming-of-age story of gangs and street lives where the narrative is explored with songs in the perspective of Kendrick at various points in his youth ranging from a naive kid who is easily persuaded by his peers to a more mature Kendrick who has made it out of the hood by not succumbing to revenge and violent tendencies after seeing his friend die firsthand.

TPAB
>Simultaneously a piece on black empowerment and a critique on social movements that claim to be advocating against violence against blacks from dominant culture while not doing a thing about gang-culture. The album takes on a similar narrative structure where the main motif is a poem that progressively gets revealed and upon doing so has songs relating to certain lines in the poem, most prominently, Kendrick's role as an influence on black communities and his guilt over not using his influence as a means of improving his communities.

DAMN.
>Uhh.... Kendrick's dabbling with existentialism, I guess?

Attached: IMG_3754-1000x1000.jpg (1000x1000, 132K)

These aren’t his last 3 albums.

Black Panther is a soundtrack and UU is a compilation of unreleased tracks.

your mom is gay

>compilation of unreleased tracks
What do you think an album is?

Lead Singles and their initial reaction compared to the song in context with the entire album

Backseat Freestyle
>A hedonistic song which undermines many of the socially conscious themes present in his previous album. Kendrick appears to be appealing to the lowest common denominator now that he's becoming more mainstream
>Actually, this is Kendrick in the point-of-view of someone who is very naive and wants to impress his peers. The song is very self-aware in that it tells a story of a point in K Dot's live where his views on success are very materialistic.

i.
>Kendrick heading in a pop direction. In line with his socially conscious messages but very radio friendly and accessible. Lowest common denominator for different reasons to Backseat Freestyle. Plus his voice sounds very nasally in this one.
>The album version features a "live" version which makes Kendrick sound more natural and also features a skit of two audience members arguing which juxtaposes the message of the song while reinforcing the album's theme of the failure of using your influence to bring changes to your community.

HUMBLE.
>Very on the nose with how its satirizing the predominant Hip-Hop climate and its materialism but doesn't sound really interesting. Knowing Kendrick, I'll wait until listening to the song in the context of the album before casting judgement.
>It's exactly what it sounded like before the album's release and just as uninteresting.

Look, we're focusing on his big releases. For all intents and purposes, UU is an extension of TPAB.

GKMC
>A shit album

TPAB
>A pretty good album, not because of Kendrick though, the music is good but the lyrics are mediocre at best as always, shit at worst

DAMN.
>A shit album

>we’re focusing on only the ones I deem important

Attached: 1514087328057.jpg (442x500, 8K)

>Backseat Freestyle
>lead single

what?

>you are retarded for not enjoying my shallow hip-hop favorites

Imagine trying this hard to dislike something

UU is pretty much the equivalent of GKMC bonus tracks. They serve no other purpose.
And Black Panther is a shittycommerical soundtrack.

Sup Forumssting gets lazier and lazier ever new thread.

>Dark as the midnight hour or bright as the mornin' sun
>Give a fuck about your complexion, I know what the Germans done
so this.... is the power.... of black poetry....... DAMN.

>intentionally missing the point
You know that UU isn't as important to Kendrick's discography as his other albums. Stop acting like a retard.

Attached: kendrick racist.png (709x677, 77K)

What a great way to sneak diss (((them)))

uhhh no

GKMC
>A quality concept album that elevated the sounds and ideas predominant during it's release. The lyrical tale is both insightful and satisfying if a little obvious and for the par.

TPAB
>An obscenely overrated album that is still quite good. It instead digs into the past for it's musical influence but often gets bogged down by "too many cooks in the kitchen" production wise. Lyrics range from brilliant to clumsy and boring. The recurring poem and 2pac "interview" bog down the album severely on repeat listens.

DAMN
>Return to sounds that are popular during release and much less cohesive narrative structure than the last few albums. A number of clumsy songs that do nothing to elevate the genre though the few tracks that stand out are phenomenal.

Overall ranking GKMC > TPAB = DAMN

my b

Is this real? If so, how does he get away with this?

wtf