Now that the dust has settled, what did you think of Ghostbusters (2016)?

Now that the dust has settled, what did you think of Ghostbusters (2016)?

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/article/heres-10-minutes-kate-mckinnons-holtzmann-ad-libs--244663
youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why are even the Razzies too afraid to call out this movie for how shit it is?

Chris Hemsworth is hot.

The worst movie I have seen in a long time. Painfully unfunny and just fuckin plain dumb. Women and feminists or whoever is crying should have rallied around a much better movie than this fucking dumpster fire.

A mediocre screenplay, a cast with little to no chemistry and insignificant special effects. I don't give a fuck about the all femal cast and all those useless controversies, it is just a terrible, terrible, terrible movie.

he has a pig snout

And a big dick. What's your point?

Not the greatest comedy of all time, but a really fun movie indeed, I only saw the extended edition with my gf last week, but people have said its better than the TR

my point is that you're a complete gaylord, why do you even have that gif?

Because Chris Hemsworth is hot.

>Why are even the Razzies too afraid to call out this movie for how shit it is?
Gee I wonder, its not like anyone who said the movie might not be an instant classic was destroyed by the (((internet media)))

>gf
aren't you late for football practice chad. If you think lame jokes, hackneyed dialogue and numerous pointless dance scenes is fun then you really are the worst kind of normie.

best movie of the decade. Should have been nominated for the Oscar's.

It was more reflective of American public sector work than the original: fat women and dykes inefficiently running a Government office.

>If you think lame jokes, hackneyed dialogue and numerous pointless dance scenes is fun
But it is user, give yourself the chance to have some fun every now and then.

So? Do the Razzies really care about its reputation?

Haven't seen it, don't plan to see it, you're a gay fag if you've seen it.

/thread

>wasted quads
something can be enjoyably stupid like Sucker Punch for example but Ghostbusters 2016 is not one of those instances.

It started well, set up the scene for some horrible ghost that lived in that house with that tour guide.

Then it deteriorated rapidly into boring. I stopped after 20 minutes and didn't watch the rest.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that someone enjoyed Ghostbusters 16 or someone enjoyed Sucker Punch.

There's a diference between the razzies are stupid and the razzies followed the narrative of the hate campaign trump supporters started to discredit a movie just because the cast happened to be female and a woman of color

>tfw you grow out of IT Crowd and Father Ted just in time not to be hurt by his betrayal

>Comparing it to Sucker Punch

>Proving feminism right

Good job, user.

a whole lot of fuss for nothing

It was average. The 5.5 rating on imdb is pretty accurate. Anyone saying it's anywhere near the best or worst movie ever is full of shit.

Ghostbusters wasn't just bad, it was horrible.

So horrible that it's been completely buried by the media, ever wonder why people don't even remember the movie was made?

>the power of Patty compels you!
>the slime got in every crack
>I'm fat, where's my Chinese food *QUEEEF*
>herp derp I love pringles and making wacky faces

If you think that's deserves even being called average then please don't tell me what you think is actually bad.

Some stupid jokes don't make the whole movie bad.

It suffered the worst fate it could. Being neither good enough to be worthy of praise, or bad enough to get massive amounts of negative attention, and become a cult classic off the back of that. It's just in that area of mediocrity between the two, and is extremely forgettable.

What do you mean? those four lines sum up the entire one dimensional characteristics fo the four leads

Shouting Black woman
Dusty Vagina
Fat Joke
Overacting

It's utter shit.

Come on user, sucker punch was great, and all the sexy scenes were a nice extra

So which reboot was worse, Jurassic World, TFA or Ghostbusters?

Ghostbusters

Comedies that aren't funny are the worst movies out there.

Give me muh random numbers

Don't you mean it's udder shit?

How can you even ask that? Jurassic World and TFA were both great.

i didnt

it crowd is amazing

Unfunny, which is a pretty big con for a comedy movie.
The only good actor was Chris Hemsworth.
The main cast was painfully unfunny, especially that one bitch who spent the entire movie doing a shitty Jim Carey impersonation

Worst of all though, the movie was completely unmemorable. Good movies get talked about, shitty movies really get talked about, polarizing movies REALLY get the noggin going. This was just boring.

It was a shitty cashgrab that, without the whole feminist controversy around it, would have been completely forgotten within a week.

tfa was middling just like everything else disney does

Daily reminder that Ghostbusters got cucked by fucking Pringles of all companies.

>Film a whole bunch of scenes with product placement, including Pringles.
>Make no attempt to talk to them about it beforehand, put the product placement in and assume they'll go along with it.
>Everything is all said and done, Feige goes up and expects Pringles to pay for the product advertisement scene.
>Pringles declines to pay for it
>Feige is a cuck and leaves the scene in anyways, giving Pringles free advertisement.

I don't think you know what "cuck" means.

Is that true? hahahahaha so they put in blatant product placement for nothing.

A needless piece of shit remake done by a clueless director who had no idea what made the original film and humor work.

I like how it performed terribly and was forgotten just like everyone said it would prior to coming out.

Around here, it has about the same weight as "autist" or "faggot". Just that "cucks" are the most pathetic of normies, while "autists" are the most pathetic of "us".

It was awful, until the last 20 minutes or so it was just bad, but the end 'fight' was just absolute shit.

Of the actors, Wiig did ok, McKinnon on the other hand was terrible, so forced in every scene, it was like the director just told her 'be funny' and she just panicked.

You could make a fun Ghostbusters with an all female cast, this was not, it was pathetic.

>it was like the director just told her 'be funny' and she just panicked.

A lot of the film is improv. Kate McKinnon only has guidelines about being in a scene. And it shows. I can't find it now, but there used to be a ten minute video with take after take after take of McKinnon saying and doing completely different things in the same scene. She never had any clearly defined character.

Found it, but the video itself has been deleted.

avclub.com/article/heres-10-minutes-kate-mckinnons-holtzmann-ad-libs--244663

So what we saw in the movie was the best that came out of her doing improvised 'humour' in front of the camera.

How bad was the stuff that was cut ? No wonder they had the video deleted.

honestly looking back it was much better than the original I think, the special effects and comedy just felt a whole lot more modern

>How bad was the stuff that was cut ?

It didn't make me smile once and all it did was confirm my hunch about Holtzmann being 100% impro.

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8

>they had to retroactively give the movie a subtitle to give the impression it's some kind of a spinoff instead of the purging reboot it was supposed to be

It wasn't that bad, it just felt kind of pointless, much like most other reboots.

I still stand by what I said before it came out. They couldn't write a humorous, witty paranormal comedy script. So they jacked Ghostbusters, did nothing new and hoped that unfunny ad-libs would make up for a lack of creativity from the writers.

Factor in that the actresses simply weren't funny, lacked chemistry, and ruined the flow BECAUSE of the ad-libbing they were allowed to do.

Is it the worst movie ever? Of course not. But you'd be reaching far too far to say something positive about it.