Supposed to be a film expert

>Supposed to be a film expert
>No Felini, Bergman, Bunuel, Tarkovsky or Kurosawa references or name drops, nothing but pop culture from the 80s

Why?

When did this show jump the shark Sup Forums?

When they started to take advice from Reddit in AMAs

>OP is more autistic than Abed was

>the only type of film expert that exists is one who watches critically acclaimed classics from over 20 years ago

Believe it or not Abed was a film expert, just not *that* kind of film expert.

Because most people don't know about Felini. Bergman, Buel, Tarkovsky and Kurosawa.

Abed was meant to be a character that existed solely for viewers to say "hey I remember that!"

If Abed was a pleb in the series it is only because the people watching were plebs.

P.S He was written by Dan Harmon so yeah..

Why is pop culture the most cancerous thing to happen to television and film?

>Supposed to be a film expert
I've seen the series a few times, when was this stated, OP?
I think he's just a cinephile.

When Harmon left.

That being said, Even season 4 of Community is better than any other "comedy show" of the last 5 years.

The same reason you dont hear non-autists, or snobby filmstudents bring up obscure and half a century old directors.

>Dan Harmon

Maybe he just doesn't care for those film makers?

during the mid way break in season three when they lost faith and rightfully thought it would be cancelled. The episode with the celebrity impersonators was worse than anything in season 4 and i dare you to prove me wrong.

I never cared for the paintball episodes, not even the first one.

season 3 of Rick and Morty is going to be unwatchable garbage thanks to Harmon's influence. i Guarantee it

season 2aside from season 1 there's literally no difference between the season harmon wasn't involved in and the rest. it was already 100% lol so randum reddit humor, parodies and extreme flanderizing by season 2

He's a retro pop culture "film buff"
It's like when people say Tarantino is the most knowledgable person about films

He was a popculture expert.

>When did this show jump the shark Sup Forums?

The episode in the OP.

It was amazing at the time, and possibly single-handedly got Community renewed for season 2 because of all the buzz it got, but it was ultimately the downfall of the show.

Season 4

Third season is actually better than the first one.

He was reddit.

>Third season is actually better than the first one.

You understand Abed is SUPPOSED to be a pleb, right?

He gets hooked on that schlocky Dr. Who knock off. His favourite show is Cougar Town. He spends countless hours watching horrible movies with Troy.

He's obsessed with television and movies, that doesn't make him a cultured film expert. Just an autist with a obsession with garbage.

>He's obsessed with television and movies, that doesn't make him a cultured film expert. Just an autist with a obsession with garbage.

really makes you think

>Even season 4 of Community is better than any other "comedy show" of the last 5 years.
"No".

This, if Abed was a real expert then he wouldn't be at a fucking community college.

2>3>5>1>4>6...........>7

Because he's a reddit pleb.

Honestly? After Season 1.

It was watchable, but it wasn't as good. It stopped being about all of these misfits developing through the problems that put them there in the first place, and became Friends in community college!!!oneone. And I mean literally Friends: the show if it was in college
>Jeff and Brita: will they or won't they? couple™
>Everyone is dating everyone else (making the show almost a soap opera)

>Abed not autistic anymore, just quirky ('imagination room' shit made me cringe)
>Annie becomes just another hot girl and drops her nervous Annie Adderal persona almost completely
>Jeff give fellated all the time by the writers and becomes a one-dimensional Chad Thundercock character with no flaws or personality
>Brita becomes whiny Lisa Simpson-esque hippie stock character
>Pierre is always Le Politically Incorrect Old Guy
>Shirley goes from timid single mom to token sassy black lady
>Troy just dumb as shit
>Duncan never used or used poorly
>Senor Chang: there are no fucking words for what they did to him

I especially hated what they did to Chang, since was a great character that they could have ridden out for 5 seasons if the writers weren't incompetent. Ken Jeong was fantastic and he could have carried that show with just a little support from the writers. The level of flanderization that occurred should take AT LEAST 4 seasons, but they did it in one and a half.

TL;DR
Good show, first season was brilliant and could have been huge. Had potential, was barely watchable by Season 3. I don't even remember if I watched 4 or not.

I don't remember any dating until season 4.

I was going to say which Friend was which study group student, but I see now that it's tenuous at best.

By Season 2 its:
Abed = Phoebe
Troy = Joey
Jeff = all the good parts of Joey (lady killer) Chandler (funny jokes) Ross (smart successful), but we'll go with Ross since hes smart and is one-half of the Will They or Won't They™ couple
>Brita = Rachel (other half)
>Annie = Monica (brunette Jewish girl whose more competent/smart than the blonde)
>Pierre = Chandler (successful but insecure deep down)
Shirley: NOTHING because no blacks were allowed on Friends until like Season 6.

Tell me what you think Sup Forums. Like I said, tenuous at best.

I think people don't pick up on how his surname is Nadir.

Not dating per se, but romantic shit

Jeff and Brita
Annie and Troy
Annie and Jeff

I don't get it

So not what you said?

Nadir=the lowest point, the absolute worst

Did you not watch the show? Abed uses /television and film/ to connect with people because he's an aspie. Of course he uses popular references to connect with people, not high-brow shit that no one has heard of.

He's still supposed to be someone the audience can relate to and most of the audience only knows crappy films. It's the same reason Sheldon on TBBT always namedrops Middle School level math.

Jeff and Britta was season 1
Troy and Annie was season 1
Britta and Vaughn was season 1
Annie and Vaughn was season 1
Jeff and Teacher lady was season 1

Season 2 and 3 had almost no relationship stuff.

Kek, this.