/cfb/ don't just burn your couch edition

Texas vs. Chokelahoma at the state fair

Florida wearing gatorskin jerseys

USC plays Utes

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/4thAndTruth/status/917797994707259392
buildingthedam.com/2017/10/10/16449330/gary-andersen-out-oregon-state-football-coaching-replacements-what-it-means-for-beavs-going-forward
espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20984714/gary-andersen-former-coach-oregon-state-beavers-offers-insights-decision-text-exchange
twitter.com/TroyTrojansFB/status/917892632470261760
collegefootballnews.com/author/vitaleugalive
discord.gg/KUE4yD
usatoday.com/story/sports/college/ulm/2017/07/20/sun-belt-preseason-football-poll-ulm-ninth/103874596/
twitter.com/RPMSports18/status/918321791097073665
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

mobile.twitter.com/4thAndTruth/status/917797994707259392

Tennessee no longer keeping volunteers for their "football team"

#23/29 Utah at #13/13 USC -- #1 vs #2 in the Pac 12 South

#24/25 Navy at #34/35 Memphis (MEM by 4) -- #1 vs #2 in the AAC West

#26/27 Georgia Tech at #10/11 Miami (MIA by 7) -- #1 vs #2 in the ACC Coastal

#24/29 Texas Tech at #27/29 West Virginia (WV by 3.5)

#12/12 Oklahoma vs Texas in Dallas at the Texas State Fair (OU by 7.5)

#8/9 Ohio State at Nebraska (Nebraska's biggest home game of the year)

#10/11 Auburn at #30/34 LSU (AUB by 6.5)

#32/34 Texas A&M at #30/31 Florida (FL by 3)

South Carolina at Tennessee (TN by 2.5)

Boise State at #18/19 San Diego State (SD by 7)

Oregon at #23/25 Stanford (STAN by 10.5)

#21/22 Michigan State at Minnesota (MSU by 4)

#16/17 Michigan at Indiana (UM by 6.5)

#6/7 TCU at Kansas State (TCU by 4.5)

Florida State at Duke (FSU by 7)

UCLA at Arizona (Zona by 1)

BYU at Miss State

this is now a filename thread

What exactly is a Ute

"My Cousin Vinny" (1992)

Is this really a dated reference now? Marisa Tomei? Really?

UGA fan reporting in. Time for them to choke it up against Mizzou

You left out Troy, the PEOPLE'S CHAMPION

Let's be clear, Jawja. When it's time for you to choke, you'll know it. You'll be so goddamn certain, you won't need to ask the question.

Well we both know we won't choke against Auburn. They might have a decent defense, but they also have a laughable offense

UGA student reporting in. There is no possible way we’ll lose to the nonexistent defense

This is a lazy newfag thread, but the image is A+ this week so I ain't even mad.

Who /OHIO/ here?

>UGA
>no possible way we'll lose

And yet you do.

Every year.

by conference rankings in AP/Coaches heading into Week 7...

SEC WEST
#1/1 Bama
#10/11 Auburn (@LSU next)
#30/34 LSU (Auburn next)
#32/34 Texas A&M (@Florida next)
#39/NR Mississippi State (BYU next)

SEC EAST
#4/5 Georgia
#28/32 Kentucky
#30/31 Florida (dowm from #20/21), aTm next
#39/NR South Carolina (@Tenn next)

BIG TEN EAST
#3/3 Penn State
#8/9 Ohio State
#16/17 Michigan
#21/22 Michigan State (up from #36/NR!!!!!!!)
(out: Maryland who was #35/35)

BIG TEN WEST
#6/7 Wisconsin
#39/NR Iowa

ACC ATLANTIC
#2/2 Clemson
#20/20 NC State
#26/28 Louisville
#36/NR Wake Forest
(out: FSU who was #26/27)

ACC COASTAL
#10/11 Miami
#15/17 VT
#26/27 Georgia Tech (@Miami next)
#36/NR Virginia

BIG XII
#6/7 TCU
#12/12 Oklahoma
#14/14 Oklahoma State
#24/29 Texas Tech (@WV next)
#27/29 West Virginia (down from #23/23), Tex Tech next
#33/38 Iowa State
#42/NR Texas (next: Oklahoma)
(out: Kansas State who was #27/32) at TCU next

PAC12 NORTH
#4/5 Washington
#8/9 Wash State
#23/25 Stanford (up from #30/31)
(out: Oregon who was #26/32)

PAC12 SOUTH
#13/13 USC (Utah next)
#23/29 Utah (down from #18/20), @USC next

INDEPENDENT
#16/19 Notre Dame (up from #21/22)

AAC EAST
#15/18 USF Bulls
#21/22 UCF Knights (up from #25/25)

AAC WEST
#24/25 Navy Midshipmen (up from #29/33), @Memphis next
#34/35 Memphis Tigers (Navy next)

MWC - WEST
#18/19 San Diego State Aztecs (Boise State next)

MWC - MOUNTAIN
#42/NR Colorado State

SUN BELT
#33/NR Troy Trojans (last week: #34/35)

I hate Jawja but losing to this Missouri team is impossible. Purdue blew them the fuck out.

Oh dont mind us, just a P6 conference coming through

"Youth" lol I get it now

Well there wasn't a thread so fuck you

buildingthedam.com/2017/10/10/16449330/gary-andersen-out-oregon-state-football-coaching-replacements-what-it-means-for-beavs-going-forward

I like Beau Baldwin for that job
Anyone who takes that job will have to be willing to work with less

Troy Calhoun is a good candidate I think
He wouldn't be committed to the option

seconded

I wasn't going to add anything else until you got indignant about it instead of just saying sorry bros (some guy who did a shitty lazy ass /cfb/ OP on Saturday got indignant about it as well and made excuses instead of just saying sorry).

Yes, there wasn't a thread because the last one 404ed last night because of lack of interest (probably because the last dumbass OP made it a Troy thread). Currently this thread only has 10 posters, and it's been 8 hours since you put up your horrific OP early this morning. When people put up shitty OPs for midweek threads, the thread is always a lot more dead than when someone puts up a quality OP. So rather than fuck the thread by being a lazy piece of shit, why not spend time doing a decent (better yet great) thread, or even better yet just don't put up an OP at all and wait for the quality OPs to do it. Wouldn't that be better than having a thread that only attracted 10 posters after 8 hours?

Instead of being a bitch and making excuses, you should go kneel in the center of your room and slap your face 50 times as hard as you can, saying "I'm sorry for being a lazy piece of shit" after each one then go stand in the corner for 30 minutes thinking long and hard about how pathetic you acted today

This weekend is Week 2 of the 4 Weeks Of Halloween at the H2O club located 2.5 miles from the Univ of West Virginia. Furry night is almost here!

Then 5 miles from the Univ of West Virginia, tonite is 3 lap dances for $35 at Southern X-P!osure!!!

What, I was complimenting you. Shit thread but A+ image so you're redeemed.

leaked texts from Anderson provide insight on why he gave up $13 million to get of Oregon State

>espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20984714/gary-andersen-former-coach-oregon-state-beavers-offers-insights-decision-text-exchange

Dawgs

>QB CHANGE
>QB CHANGE
Tennessee will start RS freshman Jarrett Guarantano at quarterback vs. South Carolina, coach Butch Jones said today. He replaces
junior Quinten Dormady

Jarrett Guarantano of New Jersey was #1 dual threat recruit in the nation in the 2016 class, and had offers to Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Penn State, Notre Dame, UCLA, LSU, Auburn, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Mich State, Louisville, Virginia Tech, etc)

TENNESSEE QB HISTORY
2009 - Jonathan Crompton (taken 5th Round, #168 overall in 2010 Draft)
2010 - Matt Simms (8 games) then Tyler Bray (5 games)
2011 - Tyler Bray (current a backup QB for KC Chiefs)
2012 - Tyler Bray (current a backup QB for KC Chiefs)
2013 - Justin Worley (8 games) then Joshua Dobbs (4 games)
2014 - Justin Worley (7 games) then Joshua Dobbs (5 games)
2015 - Joshua Dobbs
2016 - Joshua Dobbs (taken 4th Round, #135 overall in 2017 Draft)
2017 - Quinten Dormady

Saquon Barkley has accounted for more than 38 percent of Penn State’s yards from scrimmage. No team has won a national title with one player accounting for that much yardage since Georgia (and Herschel Walker) in 1980.
Barkley leads Penn State in rushing yardage, receiving yardage and return yardage. And the Heisman Trophy front-runner has likely not hit his stride this season, rushing for less than 100 yards in four of the Nittany Lions' six games. Expect his workload to increase in consecutive divisional games to start next week against Michigan, Ohio State and Michigan State.

Would you take Barkley in the top five of the 2018 draft if you were running a draft room?

Kiper: If I was a general manager, I would not take a running back in the entire first round. That has been my philosophy for a long time. That's just the way the NFL is these days.

McShay: Mel has a lot of philosophies that I've heard over the years, but I hate to say that this is one I generally agree with.

Next to the offense run by Matt Canada, which he took from Pitt to LSU, the Penn State offense, under the direction of Joe Moorhead, gained the most attention from coaching copycats. Last season, PSU set team records for total yards (6,056) and passing yards (3,650) and tied the team record for points (526).

"Obviously," coach James Franklin said after Saturday's 31-7 win at Northwestern, "everybody spent the entire offseason coming up with a game plan to limit us offensively and to limit Saquon Barkley."

This season, teams are defending Penn State with more knowledge and sophistication. Penn State could respond by doubling down on what it has always done. Even if opponents know what's coming, that doesn't mean they can stop the Lions.

Instead, Penn State is electing to evolve, both with its play selection and with its mindset

"We've got some stuff that we have saved for the second half of the year, that we haven't showed a whole lot, that I think will help," Franklin said.

The next three defenses on Penn State's schedule -- Michigan, Ohio State and Michigan State -- pose the toughest challenges of the season. All three defenses rank in the top 10 nationally in yards per play allowed. Michigan and Michigan State both allow fewer than 100 rush yards and fewer than 14 first downs per game. Ohio State has arguably the nation's deepest defensive line, and it held Maryland to 66 yards last week, its lowest total allowed in a Big Ten game since 1960.

Reality is catching up to the Terrapins, who tried to muster some offense behind Max Bortenschlager, their third QB of the season who beat Minnesota last week in his debut. No such luck against the Buckeyes, who held the Maryland sophomore to three completions for 16 yards.

ESPN: TEXAS IS BACK

Who /branchcampus/ here?

“Battle for the Belt”

the winner of the annual rivalry game between Alabama's two Sun Belt programs wins a belt reminiscent of those won by boxers in prize fights. Its oversized buckle proclaims the bearer the "Battle for the Belt Champion."

the Trojans' most prominent rival in all sports is their main Sun Belt rival, South Alabama

Troy has always been our biggest rival," South Alabama SGA President Ravi Rajendra said. "The 'Battle for the Belt' is the culmination of those passions."

It's like the Iron Bowl's little brother

Debut of Cardinal Chrome lids for Troy

44 sec clip of how awesome Troy's pep rally was this week for their rivarly game. Reminds me of pep rallies at top level powerhouse high schools

twitter.com/TroyTrojansFB/status/917892632470261760

just started on ESPN2

literally nobody cares

I care.

My sim had South Alabama winning 39-32
South Alabama has beaten some big teams
Mississippi State last year
Went 2-0 against San Diego State

ALABAMA FBS POWER RANKINGS
1) Crimson Tide
2) Tigers
--POWER GAP--
9001/9002) Troy or South Alabama? BATTLING NOW ON ESPN2

Troy beat then-25 LSU this year.

Anyone who's not watching this game is retarded.

great defensive battle so far

Game thread for you to shit on:

collegefootballnews.com/author/vitaleugalive

bias doesnt exi

Where's UAB in those rankings senpai.

Troy
#7 scoring D in the G5 -- #24 in nation (18.8 ppg)
#7 rush D in the G5 -- #31 in nation (3.46 ypc)
#8 total D in the G5 -- #31 in nation (339.8 ypg)

surprised to see Vic Koenning is Troy's DC. He's been DC a Power 5 programs since 2005, including at Clemson under Dabo and K State under Bill Synder

lower

BACK

TO

BACK

TO

BACK

TURNOVERS!

Troy
#12 rushing offense in the G5 -- #28 in the nation (5.22 ypc)
#25 passing offense in the G5 -- #55 in the nation (250.0 ypg)

Senior Jordan Chunn -- averaging 5.38 ypc, 98 rush yards per game
Soph Jamarius Henderson -- averaging 7.96 ypc, 41 rush yards per game

Henderson:
>2014: Ran for a state of Alabama high school season record 3,483 yards as a senior
>Became only the fourth player in Alabama High School Athletic Association (AHSAA) history to run for 3,000 yards in a season
>2014 Parade Magazine All-America honorable mention selection
>One of three finalists for the Alabama Sports Writers Association (ASWA) 2014 Mr. Football Award
>Over prep career, rushed for 9,700 yards, lead his high school to a combined 25-2 overall record

Chunn:
>Troy Career Rushing Touchdown Record Holder
>2016 All-Sun Belt First Team (Running Back)
>2016 All-Sun Belt First Team (All-Purpose)
>2013 College Football News Freshman All-America Team
>2013 All-Sun Belt Honorable Mention
>2013 NCAA Freshman Rushing Touchdown Leader
>2012 Alabama 4A High School Back of the Year (rushed for 2,229 yards and scored 43 TDs, led his high school to a school-record 12 wins and its first ever appearance in the state Final Four)
>2012 Offensive Player of the Year by the Huntsville Times

The "which P5 school steals Neal Brown" sweepstakes begins now.

What are the top 5 most notable G5 programs

Boise State
Houston
Cincinnati
USF
ECU

But you could also just reach into a hat and pull 4 schools out of the AAC and add Boise State for a list.

The only other schools I can think of that have any claim are Marshall, Southern Miss, and the military academies.

>USF

lel, a program that never won a conference championship?

They've been ranked as high as #2, and spent a good amount of time in an AQI conference during the BCS era.

I'm not sure any other mid-majors can say the same.

Like, in general, or in 2017 specifically?

Cuz there's four in the AP Top 25 right now -- SDSU, USF, UCF, and Navy, and then Boise, WKU, Southern Miss, Louisiana Tech, Appalachian State and Houston are solid most years, having a down year now. Also Troy was ranked for a week last year and will be back again if they win out.

Navy
Boise State
UCF
Cincinnati
Northern Illinois

P5 is:

AAC: USF UCF, Memphis, Houston, Navy
MWC: San Diego State, Boise State
C-USA: ?
MAC: Northern Illinois
Sun Belt: Troy

Not sure:
SMU: they've only lost to TCU and Houston so they might be good

North Texas: only lost to SMU and Iowa and played Iowa close into the 4th qtr

Arkansas State: only lost to SMU and Nebraska (43-36). They had Miami schedule in Arkansas but Miami cancelled bc of hurricane which had a lot of people mad at Miami because Arkansas State is usually good (both Gus Malzahn and Hugh Freeze got hired by the SEC from here)

Cincinnati, UConn, Temple all spent a lot of time in AQ Conferences

#2 don’t mean shit if you don’t take home hardware

Conference championships are nice, but they aren't always the best measure of a team's performance. Divisions within conferences can often be terribly balanced, leading to meaningless championships.

Not that I agreed with their decision in this case, but the AP chose Ohio State over the B1G champion Penn State team for the playoff just last year.

>fucking casual
This year, sure, but in general other SBC, CUSA and AAC teams have lit it the fuck up.

I'm sure he's asking about this year. Who cares about teams that used to be good but are doing bad this year?

>current schools, all-time
USM, then Marshall, then WKU, then La Tech, then Middle Tennessee, then North Texas (great 2001-2004, shit 2005-2015), then the rest
>current schools, currently
UTSA ran circles in recruiting, UNT and FAU lead their divisions, and I gotta figure Butch Davis will turn FIU around soon-ish. ODU, WKU, La Tech, MTSU, Marshall are all generally up. More parity than the Sun Belt but I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

>used to be good years ago
Like USM? Yes. Who cares.
>are bad this year but were good recently and will be good again soon
Louisiana Tech, WKU, MTSU definitely worth knowing their names

The rise of Troy's D to the top:

2017: #1 in Sun Belt in scoring D, #1 in total D, #1 rush D (ypc allowed)
2016: #3 in Sun Belt in scoring D, #3 in total D, #1 rush D (ypc allowed)
2015: #3 in Sun Belt in scoring D, #3 in total D, #3 rush D (ypc allowed)
2014: #8 in Sun Belt in scoring D, #8 in total D, #9 rush D (ypc allowed)
2013: #7 in Sun Belt in scoring D, #8 in total D, #5 rush D (ypc allowed)
2012: #8 in Sun Belt in scoring D, #10 in total D, #8 rush D (ypc allowed)
2011: #7 in Sun Belt in scoring D, #9 in total D, #7 rush D (ypc allowed)

Louisiana Tech Bulldogs

2017 Florida State Seminoles

RUSTLER RETURNS

WHAT THE FUCK TROY

Live tweeting play-by-play:
@UnderdogDynasty

In just it’s second season as an FBS member (2002), Troy’s front featured a senior end in 2x-Pro-Bowler Osi Umenyiora (15 sacks, 20.5 TFL as senior) and sophomore end 9x-Pro-Bowler DeMarcus Ware (10 sacks, 19.5 TFL as a sophommore). Troy’s defense finished fourth in the country in total defense, but went 4-8 because they were 111th of 117 in the country in scoring offense. lol

>the Larry Blakeney years
Dude took that program from D-II to FCS to FBS. He doesn't get enough credit.

Then from that to Neal Brown, the non-rapey Art Briles? Fuuuuck, guise.

4th qtr starting

Troy has only got the ball in Henderson's hand 3 times (1 rush for 6 yds and 2 catches for 9 yards)

Meanwhile, they have got it to Chunn 13 times, 10 carries for negative 18 yards and 3 catches for 15 yards

Join the discord
That's where spends all of his time

discord.gg/KUE4yD

Jesus Troy

Troy's 5th year (RS) senior QB Brandon Silvers:
2017 -- in progress
2016 -- 3180 yards, 23 TD, 13 INT
2015 -- 2378 yards, 20 TD, 7 INT
2014 -- 1836 yards, 11 TD, 3 INT

>his uncle played quarterback on Troy’s 1984 national championship squad
>2016 -- All-Sun Belt First Team
>2015 -- All-Sun Belt Honorable Mention
2014 -- Broke Sam Bradford’s (Oklahoma) NCAA record for completion pct by a freshman -- 70.5% p (Bradford 69.5% in 2007)
>2013 -- as a recruit: ESPN.com said “this guy may be the most under the radar quarterback prospect in this class” … ESPN.com rated him as the 27th best quarterback in the nation

Troy inside the 40

19-8 Jags after the conversion

OH SHIT GUISE

I hope South Alabama does another parade on the streets of Mobile to celebrate their huge upset

Sun Belt preseason poll of the league’s 12 head coaches and selected members of the media.

>usatoday.com/story/sports/college/ulm/2017/07/20/sun-belt-preseason-football-poll-ulm-ninth/103874596/

#FunBelt

this is going to be a fun bus ride home

Legends of south Alabama

vid clip of the South Alabama coach going crazy after he won:

twitter.com/RPMSports18/status/918321791097073665

LA Tech > South Alabama > Troy > LSU

are we the know #1 in the state? :^)