Trolling and bants aside, this loss was the best thing for US Soccer going forward...

Trolling and bants aside, this loss was the best thing for US Soccer going forward. The whole thing needs to get blown up. A ton of people are going to get fired over this and the entire system will get overhauled eventually. It has to. There's too much money to be made in the sport. As baseball and football fade into oblivion, only basketball really has a chance to grow somewhat beyond our borders. Inevitably American youth will realize that soccer is the real meal ticket. Relegation will be the first step and the addition of 2-3 more tiers of developmental play will be added. This will ultimately connect the game with the real lifeblood of American athletics, the working class. As it stands right now, it's still a rich kids game full of C and D tier athletes that can't make the baseball/football/basketball and even hockey teams.

All the redneck idiots that are celebrating this as the pivotal defeat of soccer don't have the foresight to realize what this will pave the way for. Mark this day down as the beginning of the next step in America's ascension. And no, I'm not saying we will win the world cup in 2022 but things will improve and it'll happen within next 15 years we'll be further along than ever.

Whether you like Twellman or not, you cannot dispute the fact he's spot on.

youtu.be/tgFh729L2oA

Times are a changing.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/EricGomez86/status/918212745891319808
youtu.be/tgFh729L2oA
youtube.com/watch?v=9E1YYSZ9qrk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

soccer is fucking gay

This.

/thread

>could've played his first World Cup at 19
>now has to wait until he's 23

Srsly, I feel incredibly bad for Pulisic and I'm not even a BVB fan

this

>he whole thing needs to get blown up. A ton of people are going to get fired over this and the entire system will get overhauled eventually

This is football we're talking about, good luck with that

I would agree but everything sucks so much I would be surprised if anything changes at all. Honestly at this point it'll be a mild surprise if Bruce Arena is fired.

/threAd

this, so the country who established the gay culture through the world should care about it.

Post fooled me until the athletes thing. Proves you don't understand. Please don't post until 2012, thanks

the US will not support something they don't win at. The game is dead in America..forget about it.

it was never alive to begin with

how many WC have we won?

>the whole thing needs to get blown up

WOAH CALM DOWN THERE AHMED

those ESPN "rants" are so freaking forced it's embarrassing.

ThIs

Pulisic should just defect to Croatia desu. The USA will never be good at football during his lifetime.

>he thinks anything will change

Arena hasn't step down. Matter of fact some mls team must be preparing a huge bid for pulisic.

Pulisic isn't a glory hunter.

soccer fag here, can confirm is fucking gay

I kinda feel bad for pulisic 2bh

This

i wanna believe but I don't see how "blowing everything up" will change anything or make soccer better in the US. If anything itll make people care less about the sport

Kid should've picked Croatia. At least they're a football nation that takes it seriously. The world class team mates would just be a bonus. Seriously, what was he thinking?

The money is in a closed league with no promotion/relegation. The money is in pay-to-play football academies that develop mediocre middle-class kids. The money is in perpetuating the status quo, progression requires a shit ton of investment with no guaranteed return.

Moneyed interests ruin everything in America. This sport is no different. Prepare for another 30 years of mediocrity at least. Progress is a long way off because of how professional football is structured in your country.

Honest question, how big is football/soccer currently in the USA and how fast does it grow? I heard it was still behind Hockey in terms of popularity, but it's also the fastest growing sport there.

It's way behind the four major sports and probably golf and nascar. It's tough to say for sure though, because there are so many different leagues that get followed here. National team gets a big bump from casuals too
But very few people even knew we had a match last night, so take that how you will

lol who cares

is the media reporting on it at all?

this finally shattered the delusion that US soccer is any good

we have always sucked

Fpbp

>You now remember Confederations Cup 2009 finals

Here's nothing good about failing in a wc cycle, for any team. You're going to blow it up and replace it with what?

>This video contains content from Disney, who has blocked it on copyright grounds
Figures

Young extremist. You guys went a little too far on the propaganda.

Oh god that is terrible. I don't mind patriotism but what's with athletes and ugly ass tattoos? They have serious money and they choose literally the worst artists.

he was born and grew up in pennsylvania
he's american, he speaks with an american accent and went to american schools
he went to germany in his teen years to get better in bvb's academy, but he's an american through and through
see, this is what you swede's don't realize, sometimes your life and your nationality intertwine, you shouldn't just bail and become "culturally enriched" and give up and go join croatia because your grandpa was from croatia. he's an american

10 second note about US missing wc for the first time in 30 years. And that was it.

There's been some media coverage, but only after the fact, not during qualifying. The mainstream US media doesn't give men's soccer any more attention than, say, tennis. Nobody even knew when they won the Gold Cup. The men's team getting eliminated got less coverage than Serena Williams losing in a Grand Slam would.

Even if they won a world cup, soccer wouldn't be treated the way football/basketball/baseball are. It's more like the Olympics, except the US doesn't win so its not as fun. That's why the women's team gets more domestic coverage—because people don't care about the sport itself, they just want to win.

The women's team objectively does not get more domestic coverage. Fewer matches televised, lower viewership

>the whole thing needs to get blown up
This is American soccer we’re talking about. It’s maybe the 5th most popular sport here. Why the fuck would we try to revamp a system for a sport most people don’t care about
> but muh stats
Those stats only show that more people are playing soccer. Just because they’re playing it doesn’t mean they’re watching it

>it has too much money
Enron had too much money, look what happened

>football and baseball fading
Soccer here started in the 70s with the Vietnam hippies. It wasn’t mainstream and wasn’t American so they liked it. If soccer gets too big, the hippies will switch to another sport, continuing the cycle

this

>As baseball and football fade
lel alright little buddy. You're a frustrated little faggot, but that's ok these days. Just calm down a bit and try to ease yourself back in to reality slowly without fracturing any bones. The good thing is no fellow American will bully about this at all irl because nobody knows (about the loss, and about your condition/orientation).

But everyone in Sweden plays for Somalia because their dads were born there

This. I hope US soccer fails miserably. Fuck you faggots.

In the cities it definitely does
The WNT got a shit ton of coverage and when they won there was even more coverage. Then they started whining about equal pay so they got even more coverage. I’ve seen more media coverage from the USWNT than the times the Yankees won the world series, both times the giants won the Super Bowl, and the time the rangers made it to th Stanley cup final combined

I love soccer but only the European type so yeah I hope soccer fucking fails here too

And gay is the new face of America. So it fits.

The soccer fags on instagram have been having for over it but other than that I’m pretty sure most people forgot we even have a team

Just because you were wrong doesn't mean you should post retarded shit to try and play it off like you were trolling.

twitter.com/EricGomez86/status/918212745891319808

FMF is going to steal our chicanito now. He's the best american player in his age group after pulisic

I’m not wrong. I’m just saying what I saw

I live in one of the most liberal cities in the country
The yanks wining the World Series, the rangers, ant giants, were all old news after a week max. The WNT was old new after about a month, then they complained about equal pay and got more coverage

*white
Stick to kneegroball cuck.

I remember this. Then they got eliminated in the Olympics and haven't heard anything about them since. Weird

Good post

Well put

how could you do it Pulisic. The kid is gonna have nightmares for the rest of his life

It actually is a good thing. All that burden from the night will retire. Have you seen Dempsey, Bradley and Altidore?

Nothing is changing because SUM has a stranglehold on the whole thing. Your academies aren't going to get better because they have no financial incentive to drop the pay to play scheme without pro/rel or compensation from MLS/colleges signing their guys. Colleges are always going to suck because they waste a player's prime development time, and parents aren't going to be okay with their kid not getting a degree. No one is going to respect MLS because it's just numales like OP who yell in a fake British accent some shit they heard on Green Street Hooligans.

>it'll finally connect with the working class
>redneck idiots
I bet you unironically vote democrat despite being a male.

Problem is no one of any real importance cares about soccer. It might get blown up but it'll just get replaced with pretentious assholes who failed at other sports and power trip on what little rope they get in soccer. There's plenty of talent in the U.S. but no leaders, no inspiration, and no passion from the decision makers at the top

You need to start from the lowest and humblest begginings.

>Create football clubs (fuck corporate franchises and colleges)
>Have low class kids and proles join the clubs for fun
>Start a league, with various geographical and categories divisions. With relegation and promotion ofc, make competitive spirit be the drive of the sport
>Don't bother much about moneys or quality at the beggining, just about developing a fan base and a thriving cultural base for the clubs and the sport and everything that comes with it
>There'll be a point in which the average amerifat gets fed up with the corporate showbusiness plastic shit and 2hrs of commercials that is handegg, baseball and etc and wants to experience a truly competitive sport
>Breaking point.
>Conquer America. Just stay true to the spirit of football and don't become another corporate franchises showbusiness cancer.

>Low class? Kys, commie

That’s the reaction you’ll get here. Every suburban kid and their mother think they deserve the front row in everything. Anyway, a bit under the influence of the plant. I don’t want to expose the cancer of the capitalist America fat tissue.

Couldn't have said it better myself

>As baseball and football fade into oblivion
Never gonna happen, but I like what soccer is doing. It's a containment sport for bandwagoners and numale faggots. The less of them normal people have to compete with for tickets to real sports the better

>youtu.be/tgFh729L2oA

Like clockwork the filthy soccer moms show up with their claws.

Soccer is game people play for fun. It’s not a real sport in the same way that bowling is not a real sport.

Do any MLS fags know of a good replacement for Arena? I'm thinking it'll have to be a young-ish American who isn't afraid to give the finger to MLS and encourage players to play in Europe like Jurgen did.

Why not Twellman? He seems to have a good grasp on what's going on, or is he not a coach?

>qualification not even guaranteed for 2022

Maybe he should've been croatian after all.

He is a good TV commentator and I think he enjoys doing that. For the growth of the game the US needs good TV guys just as much as we need good coaches

Tata Martino

>International experience
>Understands the American system and how to make it work
>Took a nothing Atlanta team and is turning it into a powerhouse

Twellmann literally has brain damage from concussion. Not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, though

I remember when Brazil was good without Neymar too, brazilbro

I'm willing to bet anything that the US qualifies in 2022. Getting rid of the 2010 WC deadweight is addition by subtraction. MLS teams should never give DP money to Euro-based Americans for the sake of the national team. Mediocre players dont deserve 8 million dollar salaries.

The point is to be relatively good by 2022. Literally every team in CONCACAF is shit. We'd be able to talk about dominating the game when we're 10 for 10 in the Hex.

Of course, MLS, USSF and Gulati are the only ones to blame here.

How does he understand the American system or American culture? Honestly I think the US team needs a borderline insane American psycho type that'll threaten to sacrifice a player whenever we lose to a central american team

i think the timbers coach could play that role well, he got pep mad enough he didn't shake hands at the all star game

WHy isn't a real sport? You need to run, you need stamina and great skill with a ball.
You can also make physical contact.

Idk but if it's Tab Ramos I'll stop watching

>full of C and D tier athletes that can't make the baseball/football/basketball and even hockey teams.

I've literally never understood this argument
It seems so retarded because it implies that all those American soccer stars would gladly switch to playing in the NFL if given the chance, as if what they are doing right now wasn't their first choice

I seriously doubt this

There's some truth to it, but it's not what they think.

These guys are great athletes and choose Soccer because they're good at it. If they were good at Football or Basketball, they wouldn't be that great at Soccer. Soccer requires a totally different type of fitness from Football or Basketball. That's why I would push for trying to get youth soccer into the minds of young athletes. Maybe we can convince that third string free safety that he might be physically more suited to Soccer than football.

>And gay is the new face of America. So it fits.

Daily reminder that pic related is the national sport of Turkey.

/thread

i think it's largely due to your culture too, you only consider people only as athletes if they're huge physically or can run superfast. I think that's a shame. A guy like Pulisic is not the biggest, tallest or fastest, but he's a fine athlete imo

youtube.com/watch?v=9E1YYSZ9qrk