The FIFA World Cup is the most insanely difficult trophy to win in the history of sports

>The FIFA World Cup is the most insanely difficult trophy to win in the history of sports

i guess paying off refs is pretty hard

is it, though?

well, do you have one?

No but I do have a third place medal in the regional table tennis championships age group 12-16

First, you failed to qualify to contest for it. Even Chile (Copa America double winners and Confed Cup finalists), didn't manage to qualify.
Netherlands, finalist in 2010 and semi-finalist in 2014 didn't qualify.
And second, there have been only 8 winners, and the next winner will likely be one of those, not a random new country.
That tells about the difficulty.

>same teams win Euros/CL/NBA
>BUHHH NO PARITY AT ALL

>same teams win WC
>such a magic tournament!! ;_;

The Euro is harder. Better competiton, a harder path to the win.

but on the other hand, all you need to do is be in the top 23 football players of your country to get on a winning team

theres dozens of third rate goalkeepers that have a WC to their name without having played a single minute for their NTs

shit like the stanley cup, lombardi trophy and whatever the baseball and basketball trophies are called actually require you to be good enough to get drafted to a team

>the euro used to be harder

fixed

>park bus
>park bus
>park bus score last second header
>practice penalties
>park bus
>practice penalties
>park bus
>practice penalities
>park bus
>practice penalties
>park bus
>win world cup

Its not hard

Kek this. It's the most predictable tournament

Grease, Portugal and Denmark disagree

Literally Iceland's play-style.

I honestly think Euro and Champions League is a superior tournament. Who cares about whatever CAF nations or Middle East nations. They're there as canon fodder for whatever European/S. American teams qualify, anyway.

I'd be much more interested in a straight up UEFA v.s. CONMEBOL tournament.

literally Argentina strategy in 1990. Worked really well!
> all you need to do is be in the top 23 football players of your country to get on a winning team
Ok so if it's so easy why binland don't assemble a team of its best players and win it? Because you think i.e. Brazil or France take second hand players in their teams? Every one of their players are world class.
>shit like the stanley cup, lombardi trophy and whatever the baseball and basketball trophies
are really easy to win, plenty of teams have already won it, even teams that were terrible in the past years became subitely good thanks to pooring money into it. GSW were terrible and irrelevant and stacked every good players to win it. Not even talking about hockey, random teams win their nhl trophy every time. That's easy, pay to win.
The day a random team wins a World Cup you'll call me back.

I seriously hope someone from the Polish national team is reading this thread. It would be nice to win the world cup

>Renato Augusto, Taison and Rodrigo Caio are world class
I had a giggle

>polish keepers

Parking the bus doesn't seem like a good idea

That's pretty impressive.

I agree that the wc is more difficult to win thab the stanley cup but
>random teams win their nhl trophy every time
3 teams have won the past 8/9 stanley cups

I'm a firm believer that this could be solved by introducing a rule where every 10 fouls a team commits the opponent gets a penalty shot.
>Weak teams that rely on fouls to prevent threatening plays would eventually be BTFO
>strong teams that leave their defense open because they have 60+% ball possession and rely on fouls to stop fastbreaks would be BTFO

Only problem would be there would either be more diving or less fouls, more diving would be

>I'd be much more interested in a straight up UEFA v.s. CONMEBOL tournament.
That is the dream. FIFA will have to die for that to happen.

Definitely. The fact that it's only once every four years only adds to it. A good player will only have a chance at 3-4 world cups. If you don't end up in an easy group, you might not even qualify. It's insanely tough.

A portugal-tier or a greece-tier team would never get past the world cup semifinals

I hope Mourinho manages England one day.

>require you to be good enough to get drafted to a team

Way the draft works in north american professional sports is anti-competitive at its core. They literally give the best players to the worst teams so that better teams don't curbstomp them.

>Ok so if it's so easy why binland don't assemble a team of its best players and win it?

Finland has had a single world class divegrass player and will probably get another in sometime close to year 2525. Best talent play hockey here and ultimately Litmanen can be considered as ultimate wasted talent as he chose divegrass over hockey.

Euros are harder

Not anymore

Never was.

>next winner will likely be one of those, not a random new country
That's where you're wrong fucko

>more athletic than 90% of sp

that plus and an ungodly amount of luck.