British politicians giving themselves 2 years to collect themselves, before they invoke Article 50

The British politicians are now saying there is no rush to exit the EU, and they will only start formal negotiations with the EU to leave in about 2 years time.

At that point, a long negotiating process will begin, that is likely to see challenges from Scotland.

These challenges could bog down the process, if not stop it in its tracks. There will be many clauses invoked so that UK may be clawed back into the system.

Lots of things can happen. Clauses invoked, new points made and considered, a general lack of progress could end in no progress toward exit.

It was never designed for a country to actually leave. There are by-laws to be followed, you know...

rt.com/uk/348475-brexit-no-rush-uk/

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/news/eu-calls-uk-brexit-quickly-041608422.html
reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-reactions-stubb-idUSKCN0ZC0MP
theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/24/europe-plunged-crisis-britain-votes-leave-eu-european-union
youtube.com/watch?v=AwyiDXp3xlc
news.sky.com/watch-live
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bamp

That's too bad for the Politicians. The EU is saying AUS! UND SCHNELL!

finance.yahoo.com/news/eu-calls-uk-brexit-quickly-041608422.html

The EU is saying that to prevent disintegration however Germany and France are saying to take our time, in this case what the EU says is irrelevant.

They'll probably be able to negotiate better terms that are more tailored to the UK's needs. And dropping a bunch of bogus regulations could make room for growth.

EU will be gone in 2 years. which is what they want. Then they can say its not their fault and do no work.

They are worried because they have no idea what they are doing and nobody is actually leading right now.

How did the UK get roped into this group of cuckolding enthusiasts in the first place?

What the fuck? So they finally had the balls to do something good and now there's this massive backpedalling and incompetence?
Did the perfidious albion once again deceive the whole world with his memes?

It's pro-eu camps working to undermine a democratic vote

as well as the EU itself being designed so that you cannot simply just leave it.

the UK would still be a part of the EU for 2 years minimum even if Cameron triggered article 50 on friday morning

Guys, should we make some hash trend?

Something like
#mustrespect #peopleswill #exitnow

I mean... back pedalling should be shamed to death.

They voted out. Time to go

It's still too weird for things to roll this way. I can't believe Farage and his people wouldn't see this happening and prepare to keep going balls deep on leaving.
As far as i can tell leave actually winning took everyone (including brexit supporters) by surprise and now no one knows what the fuck to do, which is just pathetic.

2 years, reasonable amount of time to complete Britain's multiculturalism mission. Oy vey!

The 2 year process starts when article 50 is invoked, not the the way around.

Shitty thread OP.

They joined the single market for trade purposes, voted to stay in it for trade purposes, and then it turned political.

Endorsed. Also: good +44 gets

>Farage and his people
Only one (1) of his people is in parliament and the guy is a bit of a cock muncher. Farage is unable to officially say anything and he was excluded from the official campaign.

Money. Our economy was pretty fucked at the time.

And this is the problem.

The side that won the referendum (Boris and chums) have no fucking clue what they're doing.

He's already backtracking and saying that we should continue to pursue close relations with Europe and the leavers need to accept that we didn't win by a significant margin.

I have a feeling that all this will lead to is a slightly different deal with the EU similar to the one that Cameron wanted in the first place.

Just checking the get

>Leave campaign - EUROPE HAS NO DEMOCRACY! VOTE LEAVE, NOW!
>Referendum gets held
>Leave wins
>Leave campaign - There is no need to hurry.
Faggots, you made it look as if the house is on fire.
Now we have the EU demanding the UK government respects the will of its people and get the fuck out.
Is this bizzaro world?

>At that point, a long negotiating process will begin, that is likely to see challenges from Scotland.

No it won't begin at all. They will wait out the current storm for about a year, or maybe a year and a half. Then they will propose another referendum just to "make sure" that this is what the people "really wanted." However, this time they will stack the deck so that the Remainers are guaranteed to win.

>I know that we said there would be no more referendums, but with nearly two years since the last vote, and with the vote having been so close, we feel it is appropriate to do this one more time so that no one is disenfranchised.

>75% turnout required to pass.

>65% "Leave" vote required to pass.

>As you can see by this stunning Remain victory, we will be remaining in the EU!

The whole thing is a stalling tactic to give their upcoming retreat and voiding of this current referendum a veneer of democratic legitimacy.

Mark my fucking words.

It truly is.

When even Juncker is telling our leaders to respect the will of the people and leave, you know that something is wrong.

Our politicians are some of the worst scumbags known to man and BoJo and his cronies can't be trusted.

The only party that I trust is UKIP.

>The only party that I trust is UKIP.
They did perpetuate johnsons 350million meme however.

>The EU is saying AUS! UND SCHNELL!

it's RAUS you idiot.

>Now we have the EU demanding the UK government respects the will of its people and get the fuck out.

The unelected assholes in Brussels are all whining for exit.
The politicians who have to fight elections are being for more cautious.
I wonder why that is.
The EU can go fuck itself.

ROTFL
you are so clueless..
EU leaders already said that there are not going to be any more negotiations.
out means out

uk has to start article 50 and AFTER that the trade deals can start

Never trust a Tory

not really
uk just lost all it s power and credibility in EU
EU doesn t want UK anymore
if UK decide to stay in EU they will lose most of the special deals they had..

UK can't treat EU anymore with the "if you don t do so i will leave"

Yes in politics this is called walking back a commitment

> Don't vote UKIP we'll have a referendum
> No hurry
> Maybe the Scots (poor relatives who sponge off you all the ttime0 should have a vero
> It will be expensive
> We negotiated fantastic concessions so no need to leave
> concessions then get forgotten or watered down

Politics was ever thus.

Brussels is demanding a swift exit because the longer the UK delays the more media coverage the Brexit is going to garner, leading to other nations and peoples wondering what if they themselves separated from the EU.

They are trying to treat their failure like a slight little detour on an otherwise perfectly straight road towards perpetual serfdom/union.

the hell are you talking about...
eu leaders are telling uk to GTFO ASAP
reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-reactions-stubb-idUSKCN0ZC0MP

>> concessions then get forgotten or watered down

There's a reason they were 'forgotten' during the campaign.
They were a joke, nothing serious, and everyone knew it.

Americans are truly retarded...no wonder even trump can became USA president

Fuck this shit I'm out.

it sucks that we share the same nationality...you don t know shit...

uk had a great deal...italy, germany, france and spain were even paying for a quote of UK taxes...

>eu leaders are telling uk to GTFO ASAP
>reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-reactions-stubb-idUSKCN0ZC0MP

nice link

X - PM
X - Finance, got fired
EU slut

>you think this guy is relevant to anything

unelected shitbag

Thanks for proving my point for me.

Sup Forums army needs to get on this, it's not like theres anything better to do after midnight on Sunday

>, leading to other nations and peoples wondering what if they themselves separated from the EU.
>They are trying to treat their failure like a slight little detour on an otherwise perfectly straight road towards perpetual serfdom/union.

It's really interesting how Brussels wants them out so fast, in spite of what you said.
You would think they would be saying "well its only 52-48, maybe we should do something:
Nope, it's out out out. Just .. interesting.

are you autistic?
theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/24/europe-plunged-crisis-britain-votes-leave-eu-european-union

OK Guido, you tell me why Cameron et al didnt talk about the 'deal' they got.
Wut, he stupid ?
He forgot ?
Someone didnt remind him ?

The fuck, it's either you stay or you go out now faggots. Half of your country is fucking retarded.

cameron said that going out of EU was bad and pushed for the remain you idiot
he did so because he knew uk had a good deal

btw i bet you are voting lega nord..."ladroni a casa nostra"

>theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/24/europe-plunged-crisis-britain-votes-leave-eu-european-union

We now have to ask just how retarded you really are.

>The presidents of the European council, >commission and parliament – Donald Tusk, >Jean-Claude Juncker and Martin Schulz >respectively – and Mark Rutte

All unelected, and one lap dog.

> Berlin, the German chancellor, Angela >Merkel, the EU should not draw “quick and >simple conclusions”
>François Hollande, sthat the EU now had to >make changes

Did you get enough sleep last night ?

just go back

>and pushed for the remain

an yet, he never talked about the deal he made
before the referendum.
Because it was a joke, not enforceable, not constitutional, and would have been shot down after a yes vote anyway.
And EVERYONE knew it, that's why it wasn't talked about.

>as well as the EU itself being designed so that you cannot simply just leave it.

all you have to do to leave eu is using article 50...as easy as that
then you have 2 years to make your deals so you can GTFO

>the people vote to leave the EU
>still following the EU charter like it matters

The UK literally just has to tell the EU to fuck off and that they're no longer members. The contract is no longer binding. What's the EU going to do, invade them?

witch part of the deal wasn t constitutional?

This. England is to be make an example of.

Hey, it worked for Ireland with the Lisbon treaty

youtube.com/watch?v=AwyiDXp3xlc

That sounds about right.

I'd say the EU has at least 7 years before completely imploding.

This is pretty odd. It was clear the vote was going to be close, yet it looks like the government had zero plans for what to do if Leave won. Can't the UK into contingency planning?

>witch part of the deal wasn t constitutional?

limited bennies for EU migrants
>muh limited bennies for 4 years.
>they dont talk about EU people can still get bennies after 3 months anyway
>muh child benefit restrictions

It was all a joke.

>What's the EU going to do, invade them?
The army is being prepared now.
More EU superstate.

>I can't believe Farage and his people wouldn't see this happening and prepare to keep going balls deep on leaving.
>As far as i can tell leave actually winning took everyone (including brexit supporters) by surprise and now no one knows what the fuck to do, which is just pathetic.

Farage and UKIP have no part in the government, which makes the decisions.
And yes the Tories are idiots for not at least thinking about it.

This. Boris Johnson made it clear well before the result that he intended a vote for Brexit to be a renegotiating tool with the EU, not a vote to actually leave.

So when the UK leaves the EU, how will this affect the EU's finances when dealing with helping its poorer members that take more than they put in? Does this mean the EU will eventually collapse?

rotfl
that means that Boris is more retarded than he looks...
EU doesn t give a shit about what boris was thinking

UK has 0 leverage over EU now and 0 credibility..why would eu rinegotiate anything?

they already broke the deal of february lol

why would eu collapse?
uk was only the 4th contributor in EU

It's not us it's fucking boris behind this.
We're getting jewel here

It's almost like the government has no incentive to listen to a public that isn't allowed to even own butter knives

They joined the EEC back in the 1970s when it was just a trade agreement. Then in 1993 the EEC was rolled into the newly-formed EU, the politicians who objected lost, and new laws were passed so only "approved" persons can run for Parliament.

This brexit result and the fallout that came of it has made me despise David Cameron and Boris so much more than I did already. Whilst I can understand cameron resigning after gambling on the wrong side he could have at least stayed throughout the negotiations upon leaving to make sure Britain got the best deal, I mean this shit happened on his watch, he's just a slimey fuckwit. And boris after campaigning for vote leave, I quite enjoyed him in the debates and thought he actually believed in a sovereign Britain but after all this it looks like he didn't even want to fucking leave in the first place. NEW POLITICAL PARTIES WHEN? THE TIME IS RIPE LABOUR AND TORIES HAVE TO GO

and since then UK kep bitching in EU but never left...still now after the referendum uk doesn twant to leave EU...

so stop being a crybaby

Osbourne will be speaking at 07:00

news.sky.com/watch-live

probably on bbc too, idunno

Scotland can't vote for another 5 years, that was part of the deal for their initial vote.

Boris is a russian sleeper agent, just look at his name.

I would be surprised if they could get all the new deals worked out in 2 years, it takes decades to get deals through the bureaucracy.

I don't know about 2 years, but it makes sense to figure shit out before actually invoking article 50. From both sides of the fence, the UK will need to sort out a shitload of trade deals that usually takes 10+ years, in 2. And the EU has never actually had the Article 50 invoked, so they need to figure out how they're going to do this.

Give em 6 months, let brits sort out a new cabinet and figure out what the fucks going to happen with Scotland and Ireland, then start bargaining and hope you france /germany don't go full MAD nuking their own export industry to bend you brits over and slip you the billy club as it were.

no it doesn t make sense to figure shit out before actually invoking article 50.

it makes sense to figure shit out before actually start a fucking referendum.

EU doesn t have shit to figure out.
all EU wants is UK leaving ASAP

>EU's finances

it means other members will have to pay more.
The EU is bringing out a new budget soon, they were planning on spending A LOT more money.
So, pay and pay and pay.

Thanks Jeremy.

The Boris is a major league retard. That plan makes zero sense. Maybe that's why he looks all confused after the vote, perhaps he was being fed some bs that it was just going to be a show vote or something.

What're they gonna do kick you out?

Cameron is a cunt. The Brits should drag him out of Number 10 and kick his ass. He proposed the referendum and quits like a baby when it doesn't go his way, leaving his successor to clean up the biggest fucking political and economic mess the UK has had for decades.

3mil EU living in UK

1.5mil UK living in EU

EU wont kick out UK, they have more prisoners.

I know, he should at least made some sort of plan or outline as to what would happen in the event of a leave vote. If he knew he was gonna stand down if we left he could of at least told the public so his party or any potential opposing parties could at least outline their plans so that we could make a swift and efficient exit. Instead he just made himself look like a bigger cunt than before, he should be sent to the gallows the fucking traitor.

Please stop.

I doubt the EU give a fuck about those Polish and gypsy criminals and hookers living in the UK.