Hey anons, been going through some tough shit lately. I need some sad folk, like Elliott Smith or Giles Corey-tier sad

hey anons, been going through some tough shit lately. I need some sad folk, like Elliott Smith or Giles Corey-tier sad.
Any recs?

Attached: 1372345760447.png (800x800, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K0EvaCvzNXg
youtube.com/watch?v=N0CP9zpbmAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7ue0nJ5Iqx8
youtube.com/watch?v=WwDxt-mpUC0
youtube.com/watch?v=3Kh09MuIfIU
youtube.com/watch?v=yt6ZfpUhTvs
youtube.com/watch?v=d3CGQdQT24Y
youtu.be/QgO_JdDXetI
youtube.com/watch?v=-n_RB_H0llw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Chris Bell - I Am the Cosmos

Protip: What you describe is not folk, if you need to call it something, just say singer-songwriter

well, whatever genre it is, I just want some sad acoustic stuff.
thanks for the rec.

Pink Moon

Eels - Things The Grandchildren Should Know

youtube.com/watch?v=K0EvaCvzNXg

youtube.com/watch?v=N0CP9zpbmAQ

youtube.com/watch?v=7ue0nJ5Iqx8

youtube.com/watch?v=WwDxt-mpUC0

youtube.com/watch?v=3Kh09MuIfIU

youtube.com/watch?v=yt6ZfpUhTvs

Here you go. enjoy your sadness

Alex G

Grouper

Tom Waits

Mount Eerie

Dead Man's Bones

If it's really tough then Jandek.

rivulets - rivulets
scott tuma - hard again (this album is instrumental but it’s depressive nevertheless)
red house painters in general

seek catharsis and don’t let your depression consume you. good luck OP

jandek is fucked up dude lol
only heard one album by him, i like it a lot
reminds me of a creepypasta version of syd barrett

I'll give you some shit that's helped me.

The Chameleons discography,

and
youtube.com/watch?v=d3CGQdQT24Y

Listen to some of his latter stuff.
youtu.be/QgO_JdDXetI

script of the bridge is so much fun. arena rock and post-punk were meant to be infused.

Nico - The Marble Index
Joni Mitchell - Blue
Townes Van Zandt - Townes Van Zandt

>only heard one album by him, i like it a lot
check out Chair Beside a Window if you haven't

word
have you listened to scott tuma? hard again is an absolutely stunning album. very bittersweet and incredibly well-performed

Attached: 24E54CA4-1140-49BC-A50F-4CFEA7DFD63A.jpg (1080x1918, 280K)

Honestly, one of the greatest parts about The Chameleons is that they can have such a fun, positive sound and talk about really serious issues like suicide and depression.
Monkeyland is pretty clearly about isolating yourself b/c of depression, and Soul in Isolation made that theme more clear.

Swamp Thing is pretty clearly about the fact that if you focus on how things are bad rather than acting, the bad parts of life will sweep you away. Up Down Escalator is about fucking INCOME INNEQUALITY
Don't Fall is about feeling overwhelmed/anxiety and nearing suicide.

Seriously though, don't sleep on any of their albums or most of their side-releases or EP's.
youtube.com/watch?v=-n_RB_H0llw
This was before Script and it's still amazing.

i’m pretty sure that was the album i heard yea. not on my computer rn and i don’t feel like opening up rym

Nope, but I'll backlog.

yea bro all about their subject matters lol. the beach boys kinda have that effect (even used similar production methods to the chameleons) with their music too, at least on pet sounds, but the chameleons took it to the extreme for sure.

*i know all about their subject matters
fallin asleep

you will not regret it. it’s like lushly produced, melodic free folk, with some nice ambient passages thrown into the mix. incredible album, and nobody gives a shit about it - sad.

Sufjan's Michigan is sad but it's also hopeful. Don't wallow in those feelings bro, it'll be alright.