>Singled Out

youtube.com/watch?v=fregObNcHC8

>that sweater
>this life

Can we talk about how perfect she was

Yes. We. Can.

youtu.be/z3asvL8LfKE

Lucky motherfucker.

Oh yeah and the promos were great back then too.
youtube.com/watch?v=qN4NYVNZH3g

>ywn be on the grind

youtu.be/DK8DWwZgCUI

Kurt Loder is 71

youtube.com/watch?v=BoCtOmjH4ms

Kennedy is now on Fox News

Best 80s vidya and it ain't even close:

youtu.be/pIgZ7gMze7A

Armond's take on it:

>Michael embraced his gayness for all the world to see. Add it up: The Doris Day reference (Terence Davies hadn’t yet paid tribute to Doris Day with "At Sundown” in The Long Day Closes), artificial colors (who needs La La Land?) and forcefully contrived happiness told viewers Michael used the music video genre to demand a gay place in the pop firmament, orbiting somewhere near Prince, Michael Jackson, and Morrissey .

That one time MTV was relevant.

I just realized how much this format of TV has vanished. Put on a track, get a buncha fashionable young folk together to dance to it, and camera moves around. Get a celebrity to talk between tracks and commercials.

youtube.com/watch?v=GkHy8be5V2M

American Bandstand, Soul Train, are other examples.

>Kennedy
is she still a virgin?

no shes married and has a kid she brainwashes with her muh libertarian politics that she talks about every night on fox business

>>Vidya Killed the Radio Star
Nothin' older.

I was a junior in high school when The Real Word premiered - for better/worse, it destroyed MTV.

you forgot Remote Control nigga

Nice call. Or...

>the state

I believe it.

At least those first few seasons were somewhat revolutionary for TV, along with Cops or Morton Downey as early examples of true "Reality TV".

The Real World S1 strived to be revolutionary - I believe they really did want to change the world, in their own naive, stupid way, Early into the show, they realized they were on to something much bigger, so after S1 - which had a fairly diverse group of young people - they picked people who would hate each other.

It worked for a long, long time. I still think Seattle was the best version of this.

P U C K
U
C
K

The fucked-up part about that was Puck and Rachel - herself now a mild right-wing celeb - was compelling. When their thing fell apart, so did the seaon.

>Pedro
>muh AIDS
I really hated that guy. Puck did nothing wrong

Pedro-worship was the birth of the SJW virtue-signalling thing - like AIDS, it spread.

>old MTV thread
>House of Style
>Denis Leary
>Liquid Television
>Kennedy
>The Real World

I remember watching all of those "hey remember when this happened" shows on MTV of VH1 or those "most shocking moments at the vmas" specials they were doing around the turn of the millenium/early 00s. I was too young to have seen the early Real World's and yet from those clip shows 15 yrs ago I can remember the black guy slapping that annoying girl as she was leaving and Puck and stuff like that.

Who was in the wrong here?

Just look at op's pic. Nigga is going all the way back to the beginning.

>black guy slapping that girl
>Irene, lyme disease girl
>20 years ago
>no, I'm not marking that up

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Real_World:_Seattle

Thriller world premiere was the biggest event in my child hood

Yeah, that's the one and I remember thinking it was worse that he threw her stuffed doggo in the river beforehand than the actual slap itself...

Her crazy laugh after all that sealed it - calling him a homo sealed her place in Real World HOF.

Bjork thread?

Colin Quinn was awful back then

120 minutes learning about alternative music from england

I remember when GnR - Estranged was on top of the video countdown. More recently Wonder Showzen was funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=67YfJyc_rew

this is what happens when you're the only brunette in your entire country

Extremely little past the first episode of Wonder Showzen was funny.

Will this level of /comfy/ ever be hit again?

youtube.com/watch?v=POceGR_WlKY

I can't remember specifics but I liked it. Probably the last thing I watched on MTV though.

youtube.com/watch?v=zdzY49xlvdY

really enjoyed that song, i never knew nothing about duran duran.

Chris Hardwick married the model from Real World England and Jenny-Mac has an infuriatingly-entertaining show on Sirius that has nothing to do with how good her fake tits were in the 90s.

FWIW - I like her show, sort of.

How do you go from this...

I used to watch Sifle and Olly, Dr Drew, Oddities, Aeon Flux, and Beavis and Butthead. Real World was kind of cool the first couple seasons, just because there wasn't anything else like it. That format of reality show killed TV for me. Its only entertaining for a short time. Before that I used to watch music videos all the time. I was amazed seeing Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, and a bunch of other videos I'd just wait for to pop up every day. I had a crush on Serena Altchul for a long time until she disappeared and just that stupid Sway guy was on. TRL was boring at some point and kind of killed how cool the show was. Pimp my Ride was okay.

> OP posts Duran Duran
> This fool posts Nirvana

I sure hope you're trolling.

It was legitimately a crime the way they cancelled this without warning or reason, at a time when it was at the height of its popularity.

Legitimately one of the worst moves in television history.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhrYis509A

was this on MTV idk

>I still think Seattle was the best version of this.
youtube.com/watch?v=m5cVlW5Q6J8

dat slap

>DOWN IN A HOLE

youtu.be/LuszV0jpfEw

also fapping to just say julie

FOXTROT

MTV Ultra Sound: One-Hit Wonders of the 90's
youtube.com/watch?v=Ua3_XxyUxxo

It was time though.

Hair metal ended, thrash was in turmoil, grunge came in and it just didn't work with Nirvana sitting on that set talking to Ricky Rachtman. They jumped the shark when they started playing Pearl Jam. Its fun to watch some of the old eps from the early 90s and see how they played Morbid Angel next to Cinderella next to Stone Temple Pilots next to Skid Row....what a time.

The only time where an artist stops the song in the first verse during Unplugged cus he was too high on heroin to remember the words. A truly honest moment for Layne.

Sludge Factory, right?

>FUCK
>What's my motivation here?

I genuinely believe that Layne Staley had one of the greatest voices in rock n' roll

youtube.com/watch?v=T2Lar4Y8vSQ

best unplugged imo

Kaia Gerber Crawford makes me happy for the future.

I just bought Cindy's book actually....what a loser I am. The pictures are beautiful...and to think she'd be considered meaty by today's modeling standards. Most women don't have that kind of natural sexyness anymore. Plus the whole idea of the "supermodel" is pretty dead. She was quite an icon.

viva 1 > mtv

only real music channel kino

youtube.com/watch?v=22F4Fi0Jejg

wth i mean viva 2

>tfw had muchmusic
Just rented Beavis and Butthead tapes

the first twist I've ever experienced

if you guys haven't seen Downtown I'd give it a chance. It's made by the guy who did Megas, and a pretty good SoL about living in New York City. It was only on MTV for one season though and ends on a cliffhanger

Impressive numbers family

scared the shit outta me

Too new?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jlxmKsTvcLg

MTV Ultrasound - I Was An MTV VJ
youtube.com/watch?v=WDtFbjNPjn0

MTV Ultrasound - I Was An MTV VJ Too
youtube.com/watch?v=8uvaNVP0CQs

MTV's Ultrasound - Smashing Pumpkins
youtube.com/watch?v=4ZwOES5pXNY

>2017
>MTV