Why is american play-off system so fuckin retarded?

Why is american play-off system so fuckin retarded?

WHat's the reason to play 82 games just to figure out who will play first game at home in play-offs?

explain yourselves, amerifats

jew sheckles

>Baseball has 150 regular season games

I have no idea how the fuck anyone even keeps up with that

I wouldn't expect eurocowards to understand the concept of an underdog rising to the top

I'm glad you are interested in hockey. I have seen your other posts.

Your first mistake is blaming America, as it's a Canadian sport. Your second mistake is not realizing that originally hockey was played by regional teams by players who actually enjoy playing the sport. Seasons expanded cause why not and indoor rinks became better. What athlete would ever want to play less of their sport?

I quite like the concept of Boreball but I just never get this. How on earth are you supposed to watch every match in a season when there's a game every other day? Are all boreball fans NEETs?

>leicester
What you meant to say was that eurocowards don't understand the concept playoffs at all. Some think that regular season should decide league champion.

it started as competitions between the winners of separate leagues, then it evolved as leagues merged and took on conference formats for the sake of travel reduction.

our leagues all have imbalanced schedules, and playoffs are a lot of fun. i don't see the problem other than your self-righteous butthurt

No one watches baseball

Mostly retired old dudes. The sport will die with them.

Most games are on at like 7 or after 5. It's also kino to listen to on the radio

You aren't. Nobody expects you to watch all of them. Think of it as something that is convenient, rather than having to plan your schedule around gameday you can watch whenever you have time, and they play teams 3-4 times in a row, before travelling to the next city.

Also, baseball made more sense back when radio was everything.

meanwhile the World Cup has a group round

Just seems kind of strange to me actively missing your team play and just going "i'll catch the next one"

its a bit weird, but with 162 games, its rare that one is actually consequential. sometimes they play twice in a day

the intensity changes drastically in the playoffs

It’s retarded. Basketball is amazing when it’s an Olympic tournament or a game 6 or 7 playoff game but terrible elsewhere.

NBA players play at 60% at most during the regular season

this is true . the number of games is just a cash grab and everyone knows it

what kind of fan doesn't, at the very least, don't watch all games? americans are so plastic

you only feel passion for money and guns, you are like africans

Yeah, it's a bit different. Baseball now is really about the stats building over time. Watching baseball is the same way, the games become gradually more important over time.

I knew some non-american would say some shit like this.

Baseball is much different culture. You literally can't watch all of them unless you are a NEET. Are you suggesting people should quit their jobs in the summer so they can have more passion?

>you only feel passion for money and guns, you are like africans
Completely irrelevant and does not follow from this discussion.

Imagine: one-episode TV shows, two-paragraph books, 30 second movies, one-song albums

I watch about 140 of my team's games a year. Do you watch more than that for your povertyball team?

Someone probably said this but it's very convenient and there are always updates to check during the season, especially with baseball. In other sports that have less frequent games, the talk between games drifts into talk about how gay Ronaldo is and how he cloned himself

you're retarded. 82 nba games is way more than necessary. there's no reason to play back to backs, and star players sit games out because they and the coaches all agree its too many. no reason to play more than a home-and-home with the other teams in the league.
>one episode tv shows
gtfo here dumbass

I watch all of them, and I can actually say it's "my" team because i'm literally a member of the club. You are just a consumer

Lmao you're basically someone with a gas station club card on their keychain and you're bragging about it

stop pretending to know what you're talking about. you wouldn't watch 160 games faggot.

It is called a pastime for a reason. It is a nice way to pass the time. It is meant to be slow and comfortable. Watch a game or 2 a week with the lads, and go to games live often. 1 gorrillian games allows for cheap tickets and flexible schedules. Just pregame in the parking lot and avoid concession stands and it is a chill time.

'no', it's literally a club, we vote for the president, etc

it isn't just a football team, it has an actual social and cultural life. they have pools, gyms, hockey fields, tennis fields, some big clubs even have schools

You're as much a member of the club as a McDonald's customer is an owner of McDonald's.

whats the point of
>make money by entertaining crowds
holy fuck really made me think dipshit

So you have a gym membership except your gym has its own soccer team.

Any member can become president of the club, dumbass

I didn't know gyms had schools and social events

Why not give a ring to end the first and then made the playoff as some kind of cl?

Again, no. See? You don't understand it

A McDonald's costumer doesn't vote for the leader of the organization, it's a company with an owner, just like American sport "franchises"

We don't have such crap here

You are a member of the club, that club has multiple sport facilities, and different pro and amateur teams from different sports

It's exactly like our college sports
>You wouldn't understand
Fuck off, you're clueless

This is your first step to realizing you're part of a pyramid scheme. You're basically Mcdonalds club members. "Oh gee mcdonalds has hospitals and stuff! I vote with my dollars!" You guys are typical low IQ third world prey for these corporations. All they had to do was give you a club card. Pathetic.

nope, because clubs have both PRO and youth teams

your PRO teams are all owned by one person

All pro franchise teams have sponsored pay to play jr. _____ teams. You're in the mcdonalds club, bud

They are non-profit organizations, so you are wrong again. You can keep being wrong all night.

I didn't pay for my gas station bonus points card either. I am part of exxon Mobil

Wtf does that matter? Our college sports are more heavily attended than pro sports.

nhl and nba wouldn't play so many games if they had interleague games to play too, they usually do that a couple times with some european or isreali teams in the pre season

in the 50s nhl teams would play 70 games in a six team league, if the players could handle more they would make them play it

I think the volume of games in baseball and basketball could definitely be lowered, but there is something nice about how refined the teams are and how well you get to know them before the playoffs come around, whereas in football you might as well be guessing come playoff time, especially since it's bo1.

Today was the day Argentina was blown the fuck out

>Americans can't understand there are organizations that don't seek for profit as their only goal
Damn, the brainwashing is strong with y'all

It's an obvious cashgrabs. Americans are all about the money

Imagine a TV show that played the same episode over and over for most of the season before having an interesting season finale. Imagine an artist that released one or two good songs on every new album, but the rest was recycled trash everyone had heard before, etc.

>Imagine a TV show that played the same episode over and over for most of the season before having an interesting season finale. Imagine an artist that released one or two good songs on every new album, but the rest was recycled trash everyone had heard before, etc.

so in other words, imagine TV shows and music?

Radio games are pure kino. You put them as background noise while you work. Color broadcasts suck. Going to the games are fun as well.

>Belgium dude talking about play-offs in league when his nations football league literally does this

162 games

Unless you're a complete NEET you dont catch all the games. Baseball requires the highest of IQ's. No bullshit or banter, Baseball is all about percentages, requiring players to develop rhythms and streaks. the better you are, the better your percentages are. Teams come together the more they play, and the stakes are that much higher when playoffs roll around. Stats in baseball quite literally define a player where as in football, basketball, and soccer athletic ability and team cohesion can makeup for a players shit stats. Listening on the radio and actively/passively watching is supreme kino as well. Maximum comfy levels and hype beyond belief when your team wins

>away goals

After looking over the Belgian 2nd tier, you guys can't complain about retarded sports systems

High sample size so shitty teams don't get in off meme hot streaks

whats so great about baseball is it works with my schedule (I probably watch about 40-50 Jays games a year) and I still have a good feel for the team. If I miss a game I just check the stats at the end of the day.