Joanna Newsom > Bob Dylan

Joanna Newsom > Bob Dylan

>Better lyrics
>Better singer
>Plays an instrument much better than he does.
>Better live
>More emotion. How can you listen to Baby Birch and not shed a tear.

The only thing Bob Dylan has is influence and volume of work. Both of which don't really matter.

I don't think she has a single bad song.

Attached: joanna.jpg (640x427, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mbgJpXEhVC8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

she's got a fat fucking ass too

I agree

Joni mitchell is better

You have to be at least 18 to post.

I don't understand this meme of comparing the two? what do they have in common?

>better lyrics
no, not at all. i agree with the rest, although you hardly covered all the bases that could affect the quality of the music

The five songs on Ys are better than anything Dylan has ever wrote.

they're not even better than his 2nd best album, but Emily is a phenomenal track

source?

my brain

Efrim Menuck = The Modern Bob Dylan

God Bless Our Dead Marines is genuinely one of the most important song of the 2000's

Attached: black emperors.jpg (618x469, 142K)

No?

what about my brain

i don't hate that comparison. he's less lyrical, but he still fills a similar niche i think

i don't have that, so i can't use it for reference

good point

Boots of Spanish Leather, Don't think Twice it's Alright, One Too Many Mornings, When the Ship Comes in, It Ain't Me Babe, A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall, are all better than anything on Ys. Ys only has 3 decent songs on it. Newsom also stole her whole schtick from Kate Bush, who is much better than her.

>important
Yeah. I guess that's the kind of thing you say when it's obviously bad but you still want to make it good for ideological reasons. Ponderous garbage. Go hold a sign. youtube.com/watch?v=mbgJpXEhVC8

>Ys only has 3 decent songs on it.
>Decent songs
> Kate Bush, who is much better than her.
Contrarian

Thinking Kate Bush is better than Jomeme one-song is not contrarian. She's one of the most respected solo female artists ever.

she's essential soycore, i'll give you that

Tell me when she plays the electric harp and how that'll go

joanna's 36 years old. by the time bob was 36 he had already lived several lives as an artist as a folkie, a rocker, co-inventor of americana with the band and by 1977 he was a soft rocker. he'd burned through enough personas, money, women and friends to last multiple lifetimes.

joanna's last "album" was a glorified collection of HOOM leftovers. if she dumped andy and put her kid up for adoption and focused on nothing but her career she'd still need 2 or 3 decades just to catch up nevermind surpassing Dylan in his late-30's.

He switched genres when they started to die. He ditched folk when folk was dying etc etc. He was a fraud. Joanna doesn't need to radically reinvent her self because she isn't doing it for the fame and money.

Again the only thing you can he has over her is volume of work and influence. Both of which I don't think mean anything. Have One on Me and YS on an album by album basis is better than anything Dylan has made.

Just post the gif guys

bumpypoo

Her face and ass both remind me of Mal Malloy.

Attached: IMG_8885.jpg (1205x1080, 804K)

This

Attached: FAB4AB5044A1425DBB6C5F8F8A6B5B38.gif (310x292, 2.8M)

Listen to the New York Sessions of Blood on the Tracks. He was a underrated guitarist.

>makes weird faces all the time
>married an unfunny jewish comedian

Completely agree but I still love Dylan. desu I think the only real close contender before was Joni.

Comparing an indie niche artist with a very limited fan base to a man whose music inspired a generation and has been covered for decades.
Her voice is so quirky that she gets severely ridiculed after every network television performance or posting of tv performances to sites like youtube.
Dylan won a Noble prize for Literature for his songwriting which many consider poetry. This thread has no merit or basis in fact and is only OP's opinion.

Neil young is better

Wow she won nobel prize? You wish lmao

Attached: FB2741FC-B6E7-4873-973B-5EEDB600C5A2.jpg (1024x1024, 142K)

Kate's probably better in most ways, but Joanna is ace with lyrics for sure.i don't really think they're a great comparison desu

Obama won a nobel prize.

>Her voice is so quirky
Dylans isn't?
>whose music inspired a generation and has been covered for decades.
Influence means nothing. Influence doesn't give you more talent.
>Dylan won a Noble prize for Literature for his songwriting
So did Obama

Wow Obama won nobel prize for Literature? Really amazing news

u get the point pigfuck. they hand them out like candy.

>>Better lyrics
arbitrary
>Better singer
arbitrary
>Plays an instrument much better than he does.
arbitrary
>Better live
arbitrary
>More emotion. How can you listen to Baby Birch and not shed a tear.
confirmed faggot

This.

Why don't you have one then?

>Better singer

Attached: clippy.jpg (620x465, 14K)

not the one for literature they don't

And Leonard Cohen was better than both of them.

Leonard is better than Dylan but not Joanna.

t. girl on her period

Dylan's lyrics are way overrated imo, For every amazing line you've got two godawful ones. People don't appreciate how good his music itself is, especially his melodies.

weird af voice

Its a god aweful voice.

MOMMY

>Newson
Voice makes me want to die
The music isn't any better
>Dylan
Voice makes me want to die
The music isn't any better
Both are terrible

lol

>the book of right ons right on it was right on
>I killed my dinner with karate, kick him in the face, then eat the body
What did she mean by this????

>Dylan won a Noble prize for Literature for his songwriting which many consider poetry.
His prize was a fucking bad joke, anybody that have read any work of importance knows his lyrics are extremely weak when comapred to a low weight poet.

The Literature Nobel was already a joke, after his prize it became just embarassing

are you fucking high? they are giving bad nobel's for literature for years, but Dylan winning was a the most offensive thing to happen to the prize

>Voice makes me want to die
If they're making you want to die then they're good

Gimmie somma' that white ass