Music hasn't fundamentally changed or had anything new in about 2 decades. Is this a sign of the end times?

Music hasn't fundamentally changed or had anything new in about 2 decades. Is this a sign of the end times?

Attached: 1499934669722.jpg (600x451, 20K)

if by "music" you mean rock then yea it didn't.
>Is this a sign of the end times?
not at all

if you idiots keep clicking on it and going to their shows, they have no reason to change.

I mean literally all forms. IDM pretty much cleared the rest out in the early 2000s. In the 90s there were quite a few new music scenes, most notably Hip Hop. There really hasn't been anything new except some stupid meme genres that are just hipster pastiches of past music.

There is this thing google has where if you type in "albums released in (insert year or decade)" you can see the albums released.
Sometimes when im bored i like looking through them because i like seeing how music and culture slowly evolves and how long it usually takes, to see if there are any patterns.

There is definitely a difference between the 2000's and 2010's.

The 2000's still had rock music, punk, nu metal, pop punk, emo, garage rock, post punk, there was still a lot of guitar music.
The 2010's is like bizzaro world 2000's, where everyone keeps saying rock is dead and no one uses guitars, and its a really garbage poptamism and mediocrity

One thing i noticed was in the 20th centurey it felt like decades has like solid noticeable differences. And they were very different from each other.

Like in the 50's you have rockabilly, frank sintara, maybe some jazz still.

Then in the 60's rock music just explodes, hippies, the Beatles, the stones, psychedelic, folk revival.

the 60's couldnt be more diffrent than the 50's.

Then in the 70's everything gets all glam, and hairy, and disco, and about outer space, and hobbits and metal and punk and rap appear.

Then in the 80's rock sort of flat lines and metal goes mainstream, and synthpop and its all bright and neon and athletic and new wave. Greed is good.

Then in the 90's they just go the complete fucking oppiste of the 80's. Its about being authentic, ripped jeans, flannel, dirty, grungey,

Then i dont know, i guess fashion and culture sort of gave up in the 2000's. Emo kids and hipsters might be the significant cultures of the 2000's and 2010's

the internet sped up and homogenized culture. everyone dresses like kanye right now and all the girls try to look like kim. everyone raps over trap beats in triplet autotune. edm scene? everyone sounds like skrillex for a few years, then just jump on whatever new bandwagon phase deep house, tropical house, bass house, whatever is popular for a few months.

its all for money and views bro. who cares about actual art.

What exactly would you like for people to “fundamentally change” about music? Should we propagate the experience into a different medium?

If you want some cool shit make it yourself

create something original then

I can see that type of thing dying in 2020.

That disgusting narcissism and cynicism

The 2020's are going to pull a 90's and be the complete oppisite of you garbage people

The Glowing Man tho

lol what? its been around since myspace days bro. shit aint going away

Genre-blending.

When all is said and done and people look back to define this decade musically, the big trend will be identified and it will be Genre-blending. The Americanization of popular music. One big melting pot of sound. Rap songs that rock. Pop songs that roll. Fusing Country and Blues begat Rock. Fusing Ragtime and Dixieland birthed Jazz. Hip-hop. Grunge. It all came from somewhere. When it all shakes out we'll have some new creative avenues but you can't forsee this stuff. If we're being honest music hasn't fundamentally changed in the past 10 decades. Musicians were composing pieces to appeal to the widest audience possible back then as well at the Operas and symphony halls, Dixieland jazz bands in the streets, front porch jug bands chicken pickin'. It helps to have a cosmic perspective about these things. History, musical history is a relative thing and a matter of perspective.

this

Nothing lasts forever.

You have to be 12 if you think the people popular right now will be popular in 5 years.

EDM is already dead. Its going to be a relic of the 2010's. Kim kardashain is a fat ugly old hog and isnt even popular anymore, her younger sisters are.
Kanye is going to become an old man no one gives a shit about.

the next 7 years are going to be beautiful

Attached: 2943-508-30343.jpg (480x662, 44K)

We've ran out of original melodies and ideas. Why would you want to make music now when there's little to no fresh manners in which to create new music? The only fathomable way to seek new ideas for music is...

...is to venture other planets outside our Solar System? Like, what if the universe were merely just a vast ocean? Using the technology we have now, we could somehow manipulate the core of the Earth to make it into a device that transports and propels it, like a pirate ship of some sort, except it would technically be a spacecraft. We could be navigators of the universe and explore other plants, galaxies, you name it. Imagine instruments that manipulate the gravitational movement of Earth, as it controls the planet as it were a pirate ship. Then, all water that flows in the river of time freezes, as to make an ice tongue for the Sun to be consumed in. The crackling fissures of that sound will be the percussion. As we consume the Sun, the cores of both planets will merge into Siamese elixirs, only consumable by the flowers of keys. The drink will transform our mouths into whistles, that steal the serenity of our existence.

Attached: POST-POST.jpg (1620x960, 309K)

>Kim kardashain is a fat ugly old hog and isnt even popular anymore, her younger sisters are.
>Kanye is going to become an old man no one gives a shit about.

youre delusional

Lol no im not.

You know black eyed peas were huge once too.

Lady gaga was top of the world.

When i was kid boy bands and britney spears ruled the planet.

You have to be a complete fucking moron to think its going to be like this forever.

youre comparing artists who dont even write their own shit to kanye. completely different artists. right now kanye is in wyoming working with all of the biggest names in music to create his next album.

It's sign that something that will kick everyone's shit in is just around the bend.

fucking lol if you think kanye writes his own lyrics

fucking lol if you think thats something that will save him from the dustbin of pop history.

One day son you will be old and uncool and the things you liked when you were a kid will be uncool and the kids will listen to something that makes you fucking think they are retards.

>EDM is already dead.
In favor of trap and trop.

he produces his albums wtf are you talking about. he gets the hottest biggest names together, creatively directs them, they all do their shit, and takes the best parts and puts it together.

I agree that trap is currently popular. But tropical died a while ago

Yeah, doesnt matter. What if gen z decides they like metal or polka music. doesnt matter. Also kanye is like what 40? Nigger is getting old

I'm not sure who you are or what you do but I'm more than certain that Kanye's music will have a much more lasting impact than your sorry ass

pretty sure kanye will still be popular in 5 years. tekashi 69 wont be.

go to sleep kanye

You have an album that will age badly musically and make people cringe at the lyrics a decade from now

>too many urkels thats why your wins low

cringe.jpg

I've also been thinking that the lull in creativity was a sign of the apocalypse

isnt bubblegum bass pretty new?

actually this y'all

I think the decades will start having personalities again once we get to the 2020s, 2030s, etc. Best case scenario is that there will be some new musical revoultion. Don't think it will involve rock though and unfortunately we'll be too old to really enjoy it.

its not just music, look at all the movies. remakes, sequels or comic book movies. thats literally all thats being made.

its greed theyre too scared to take a risk and do something original so they just make focus group movies to get first week sales and then move on to the next one.

right now lyrically rock music is making a huge shift into some fields of meta modernism, while rap is doing the opposite and begining to base lyrics more and more on obscurity and post modern ideas.

Sonically, youd have to be just lazy to not have heard some of the incredible new sounds coming out of the music world.

electronic music is at probably the most absolutely expanding moment ever and theres no sense of it stopping.

youre probably in ur 20s im guessing, and ill say this, when i was younger i too thought the same exact thing, in the 2000s. its your viewpoint thats creating this false illusion of "music", have u heard any dungeon synth? have u heard animal collective? have u heard flying lotus? or Oki Ainu Dub Band? or perhaps cheb khaled? have u heard of nxworries?

there is a absolutely endless sea of music. and new shit is being made and pushes boundaries everyday.

step away from the mirror, its too foggy to see clearly my friend

before the internet all those "Sounds of the 80s / 90s / 70s" became so obsolete.
id break up the stylistic movement into these eras.... (hint; they are NOT in 10 year increments of magic)

61-66 (garage rock, pop rock, be bop, uptempo jazz, soul, r&b, hi fi classic country)
67-77 (Psy rock, funk, id say this era culminates in the birth of punk and hiphop in 77)
78-84 (glamour + showmanship "Its a business!")

84-92 (Sleek postmodernism, surrealist visuals and the creation of music with the intent of visual accompaniment where musicians now try to create a suspension of disbelief)

[note:91-93 is stylistically all over the map, too many factors to write all in one post, globally the music industry is a total orgy of style fucking]

93-98 (Nirvana & Rap Changed the markets entirely from sleek postmodern idealism into harsh realism, videos get a much bigger budget and start getting real stars involved)

99-04 (OH ITS THE FUTURE AND ITS OK TO WEAR SILVER PLASTIC PANTS NOW, the most hyper-corporate hellscape u can imagine juxtaposed by incredibly daring and genreless music (at the time) coming out of the underground. the underground began to show its head (this would be the wave after the internets a household name) napster, limewire, etc.

05-10 STREAMING VS THE BIG FOUR ; THE FIRST STRIKE

11-16 DID THEY PAY FOR PLAYS VS WILL I EVER GO SEE THEM LIVE: THE MOVIE

I said i was looking for patterns.

I have noticed a few things.

1. there is a 20 year nostalgia rule, anything that was popular 20 years ago becomes nostalgia in the decade 20 years from then.

2. culture shifts in the third year of a decade and cements its difference in the 4th year

3. the 6th year is when the first half of the decade ends and it turns into the second half which comes into the horizon in the 7th year. think how the early 2010's is lady gaga and dubstep and still sort of indie. but then after 2016 its nothing but sound cloud clowns.

4. musical fads usually last 7 to 5 years

>OH ITS THE FUTURE AND ITS OK TO WEAR SILVER PLASTIC PANTS NOW
Why o why it ended? Did they steal the future? Why we live in past now? It makes no sense, and we were going to live in the moon, grooving to Christina Aguilera's first album all day.
What happened, user? I simply can not understand it!
And suddenly I'm old, starting to have a belly and peoppe around me talk about indie rock again as if it was relevant. Is it a nightmare? Will I... jist wake up?

This would be the most brilliant bait on Sup Forums, if people weren't so stupid