ITT. Characters that were based on you

ITT. Characters that were based on you

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jVgZDcUQPEY?t=43
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i got over my depression because too many teenagers who wore their depression like an accessory and shared faggy 'im so depressed haha' garbage that i willed myself out of their company

>characters who Redditors 'relate' to, despite not actually knowing real world problems or depression

Fixed that for you my brotha

If you think that it's insane that people live another day and are happy with being alive, why don't you kill yourself? Admit that you're a scared, pathetic bitch, or stop putting on a character to make up for your lack of personality.

Sounds like you didn't have depression, just like all those teenagers you despise, champ

this

depression isnt a competition retard. think like that is why you still wallow in yours

probably me 20 years

also, random comment: when did Will Arnett suddenly become such an in-demand actor?

I'm afraid it is

I always thought quotes like the one in the OP were just fucking stupid. And pretentious.

Like, no asshole - people who aren't depressed aren't happy 24/7 and are mindless robots who just go through the motions without feeling anything but one thing. People have ups and downs. Life is not black and white. Some people do live completely white and black lives, but most of us just walk the line, occasionally hitting the low notes. It's really stupid how people who sit and wallow in their own depression try to act like they're somehow better than the ones who aren't depressed.

he made it through
i was a fuckin mess in season 1 of my life
finally got it together

Depressed people certainly don't think they are better than you, I assure you.

I've hated almost all of my life since I was about 8 years old, but I was raised to never talk about it. The only people I've ever talked about it with are anonymous people on Sup Forums and only when I've been drinking

The only thing based on you was your mother's decision to swallow.

Intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor

Coop

>It's really stupid how people who sit and wallow in their own depression try to act like they're somehow better than the ones who aren't depressed.

that's not how actual depressed people think though. don't confused actual depression with just egotistical mopey bitching

Pretty much sums me up. On the outside I'm the nicest guy you ever met, but on the inside I'm a fucking psychopath.

Oh I completely understand that not all depressed people follow that line of thinking. I'm a bipolar type 2 who is on Zoloft, Depakote, and Concerta, and I STILL get fucking depressed, but I would NEVER go and sit here and jerk myself off about it. That's fucking retarded.

>You have only a choice of evils. Sit at home wallowing in fear and self-pity, or get up and fight.

youtu.be/jVgZDcUQPEY?t=43

>not fetishising your sadness.

elijah wood's character on wilfred

For better or worse, he signed his soul over to the folks at Netflix.

fellow bipolar 2 here and fuck yeah
we go through some real shit but in the end you have to own up to it and deal with it like an adult before it destroys and your family and friends

wallowing doesnt help. after you learn to accept yourself and try to get better, it makes it easier to find a purpose and enjoy life without constantly worrying about gloom and suffering.

>he decides to do a live action version of bojack with only humans in Venice also on netflix

If anything it makes it worse. I admit, I wallowed at first in the first few weeks when it went out of control but then it started to get to dangerous levels. Then I finally went to a psych and they immediately threw the pills at me, and they actually DID help TREMENDOUSLY. So much in fact that I immediately went from middle school drop out with no ambition or hope, to getting a GED with 3 subjects in honors and passing math, all in one go, even though math was my worst subject. Now I'm going to try college.

Meanwhile, I live with a 25 year old who has no job or education what so ever, never has had a job, and sits on his ass all night smoking weed playing video games and shit talking people, and then abuses his family as well and he sleeps until 5 in the afternoon.

I also still have shitty personality problems and confidence issues, but when I feel down occasionally I just keep trying to move on.

Who the fuck would want to prolong and exacerbate their sadness and use it as a reason to shit down the backs of others? Pussies.

i didnt even get royalties

I've been on 3 different antidepressants and the only thing they did was make my dick stop working. I could get hard, but it was impossible to cum. None of them made me feel better.

I'm pretty jealous of people that are actually helped by them.

I hate those teenagers but I've still been in the psych ward with schizophrenic and depressive episodes because my brain is a meme. Now I'm even more embarrassed about it.

wallowing can make it worse but i say it doesnt help because i feel like, for myself at least, you can hit a rock bottom in wallowing where it comes down to are you going to kill yourself or not.

at least you got help quick. i had to wait 10 years for a proper diagnosis.

you'll get to college fine with that. that's the best part of getting over the bullshit is when you start to set goals and make a plan. trying to get into law school myself.

just keep moving on man. you said it. i try to find joy and humor. environmental stressors are a bitch too but you know your limits. i was in a similar situation once. if you break you break.

in my experience mood stabilizers are way better than SSRIs. i only had those problems with SSRIs

but user, I can't think of any characters that are socially apathetic
I can think of some that are antisocial, a few that are unsocial, but what character just doesn't care much either way?

To be honest I don't even know if the Zoloft is working, it's such a low ass dose.

750MG of Depakote in split doses,
50MG of Zoloft,
and 16MG of Concerta, although I move up to a higher dose soon, since I have massive issues with productivity and procrastination(I'm a programmer, so this makes shit all the more difficult.)

I did note that upon starting Zoloft, I immediately noticed my thought process seemed to slow, as I used to have massive problems with racing thoughts. So bad I would just be kept up all night. Now it's a bit slower. Whether or not it had an effect on my depression I'm not too sure. I'm very certain the Depakote fixed my mood patterns.

Before my meds, I would go from manic(I am a God. These people around me? They are but ants beneath my feet.) to insecure(I am an ugly abomination) to suicidal(even going as far as attempting to kill myself before my first day at my first job.), to feeling like everything is right in the world.

This would all happen in the span of a day. Upon my waking, my mood would be 'reset' so to speak, and would be susceptible to to the same wild swings I had before.

I hate to use this word, as I know the history behind it, but certain things "triggered" certain moods. Watching a sad film would inspire a depressive mood swing, listening to an epic song made me go manic, etc.

Meds eliminated it all. And I started on a low dose of Depakote(500MG)and it just worked like a magic pill. I still can't believe I made it this far.

My problem at this point in time is just my confidence and anxiety, along with my procrastination and drive. Too frequently I let myself be ruled by
>I can't do programming. I am not cut out for this. I like it, but I'm not smart enough for it.
>I can't pass the entry exam for college. Math is way too hard. I can't do this.
I just try to shut it all out.

Guy on the couch from half baked.

I really think the Buddhist saying helps alot.
>“The past is already gone, the future is not yet here. There's only one moment for you to live, and that is the present moment”
If my present moment is really shitty, then chances are it will end soon, and hopefully there will be joy in the near future. Eventually, everyone's suffering ends. Eventually. Everyones.

>"but le african man starving"
Even the African nigger who is starving to death in a painful agony, even his shitty present moment comes to an end.
when he dies

i dont know man. going through 4 or 5 SSRIs in the past, they've either done absolutely nothing, given me dick problems, or driven me even crazier. mostly no changes at all though.

50 mg isnt even that much. you might be right but if its helping now i wouldnt reconsider for a bit.

depression is bad but mania is the fuckin worst. i can understand why it drives people to violent acts. doesnt happen much these days luckily. if it does, i pop a xan and i'm usually good.

triggered is an entirely proper word for mania. i can't explain it to anyone who hasn't had it.

thanks for the quote user

Mania definitely almost drove me to do violent shit. I'm going to take heed here and hope that FBI doesn't throw me on a watch list, but in my youth I actually did plan on going on a spree or two. In the years the fantasy faded though. I still get violent impulses now and then when someone really pisses me off but I know how to control myself.

I think every bipolar person has experienced those thoughts and fantasies before. They just hide it and don't talk about it because they'd be thrown away instantly if they do. Most get over it, but the others turn into Dylan Klebolds.

Hahahah. You're right man. I've thought about some crazy revenge scenarios. Mania is the only thing that ever drove me to email and pizza bomb someone.

another one

Well I'm gonna go to bed. Nighty night user.

Me too. Nice chat user. Good luck with school and the medication and everything. Sounds like we'll both be alright.

sounds like my answer