Now that M. Night has officially made his comeback, was his post-Signs work really that bad?

Now that M. Night has officially made his comeback, was his post-Signs work really that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W56p3AZEFPY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What? Noooooo!

Yes, it was.

The Village: Weak first half, good second half, predictable twist.

Lady in the Water: Absolutely ridiculous in every single way.

The Happening: Mostly boring with some funny parts.

The Last Airbender: Terrible adaptation of great show.

After Earth: Not as bad as everyone says, but very stupid and forgettable.

The Visit: Started promising, but literally went to shit in the last act. Gril was a qt, though.

>Lady in the Water
what was that movie even about, I saw it in the theatre it was totally nonsensical to me

Something about narfs, scrunts and tartutics. It's an absolute lunatic mess.

it's a twenty first century fairy tale

youtube.com/watch?v=W56p3AZEFPY
Signs was really that bad, you faggot. He's made 2 good movies and one so-bad-it's-good movie, everything else sucked.

THE VILLAGE IS AN AMAZING FILM

>this is the same nigger that shilled his Arrival vid
pls go

TLA wasn't that bad if you're not aware of the cartoon.

i think i only like sixth sense and the village
signs is ok

so how was Split?

It was literally bullshit M. Night made up as he went along. He was asshurt about the negative reviews The Village got and wanted to show the world that movies don't have rules or some shit.

>After Earth:
I had no idea he made that. It was just allright. I didn't finish it.

I think The Village was the last one I saw in the theatre. I liked it. I don't know why but I think a lot of people groaned and wanted something else. I rented Lady in The Water and it just seemed, like a crack head Tim Burton version of Unbreakable.

I just hated The Visit and the one about the devil in an elevator. I Just don't think he's as great as he should have been.

Village was really cool up until the TWEEST.

Signs was also cool up until its water TWEEST.

only plebs hated it

Shit with an awful Marvel stinger in the credits.

Pretty good. I enjoyed it. Ending was trashier/lower-brow than I was hoping for though.

Also that B.W. cameo wtf

He directed After Earth, but Will Smith wrote it, meaning he wrote himself his dullest role ever.

...But I do like the Happening. Its something genius.

>He was asshurt about the negative reviews The Village got
And rightfully so.
The Village is beautiful.
Lady in the Water is total shit though.

>dullest
PERHAPS THE DIE WAS CAST

Sick trips btw

I remember The Village as being really boring. The movie was not that bad though until the 2 twists and then all the enthusiasm the audience had just kind of deflated and they ended up leaving dejected. It was right after that the backlash began.

>boring
pleb word

Shyamalan co-wrote it with some other guy. Smith just came up with the story and it wasn't even a science fiction story at first.

Ha! I remember groans when the Shyamalan cameo came up with him reflected in the glass at the end. First time I've seen a cameo get that kind of reaction.

The Happening was the funniest movie of the year. I remember going to see it and at first people were pretty calmly watching when that guy dives under the lawnmower but the farther the movie went along the more ridiculous it got and people in the theater were literally shouting at the screen because it was so stupid.

Honestly some old southern man shouting "APOLOGIZE TO THE TREES MARKY BOY" was the highlight of my filmgoing experience for the next couple of years

Signs is kino.

Move children! Vamanos!

Do you like hot dogs?

>some old southern man shouting "APOLOGIZE TO THE TREES MARKY BOY"

This sounds amazing, people at the theater were laughing but nothing as brilliant as that

The Village is a masterpiece

Literally what in the hell happened to M. Night?

Did the bad reviews of The Village drive him insane?

Lady in the Water is beyond nonsensical, and The Happening is a fucking joke of a movie.

The most abrupt fall off of a talented artist i've ever seen.

Don't listen to the others. Just go in thinking it's not an M. Night movie and you'll enjoy it.

Except the end stinger/twist.It's a "sequel" to Unbreakable what the fuck.

I agree.

>Did the bad reviews of The Village drive him insane?

It did result in him writing a movie critic into Lady in the Water and have him killed off for being """obnoxious""", so if anything, it made him butthurt.

>The Sixth Sense
Great
>Unbreakable
Great
>Signs
Very Good
>The Village
Good
>Lady in the Water
Okay. Love the first, like, five minutes, then it gets flat. Then good. Then bad. Then okay again.
>The Happening
Bad.
>The Last Airbender
Very Bad.
>The Visit
Haven't seen it actually.
>Split
Good.

When I type it out like that, M Night really isn't THAT bad. It's just his films that are bad are SO bad... especially compared to his highs.

Looking forward to his next, more sentimental and older-style story. His first two films are like 90's feel-good heartwarmers (never seen them, but that's what I understand them to be) and it mite b cool

spooky scene

Here's your fun fact of the day.

is that spoiler fucking serious?
how do they pull that off?

Oh boy. I haven't seen that movie since it was new, but I remember it as somewhat comfy.

No worse than signs, which was very bad

>signs, which was very bad
I disagree.

>mfw the real twist all along was that his hyped career would be mediocre in the end

THIS... would have actually been amazing

dumb phoneposter

It is, in my opinion, the perfect kids' version of Lord of the Rings. Although, y'know, historically the Lord of the Rings was intended for kids, the films are obviously a darker and more adult tone. Narnia, at it's darkest moments, are still safe for the kiddos.

I don't think a better film based on CS Lewis' books could have been made. Very comfy, very sweet, very fun, regardless of what you think of the very obvious Christian allegory (which is the point of the book, so it's appropriate).

I would have to disagree. We saw M Night turn a beloved fantasy franchise story into a film. And it made me miscarry.

Wasn't a sequel, the movie just takes place in the same universe. Bruce Willis shows up at the end and reacts to a news report of James Mcavoy's character escaping.

Show us your tits you child-murdering attention whore

The Village: actually good. If you're searching for a twist for two straight hours, you'll find it.

Lady in the Water: Fairy Tale, but incorrectly marketed as a horror/thriller.

The Happening: Bad acting, good directing.

The Last Airbender: The movie that red-pilled the fuck out of man-children.

After Earth: Missed it.

The Visit & Devil: Solid movies with simple premises.

I like how Bruce Willis' character is still a nobody and has been living the same life since the first film, so it will be interesting how M. Night makes him confront the Beast.

I take it the Beast will break Mr Glass out of prison and then Willis will have to fight the Beast.

Will there be another twist?

Super humans

>Lady in the Water: Fairy Tale, but incorrectly marketed as a horror/thriller.
I only saw the trailer and I never assumed this was a horror. It looked like a fantasy fairy tale to me.

>The Happening: Bad acting, good directing.
Only seen that was well acted was when Mark hugs the young girl in the street as they are both crying over one of the main character's deaths. Somehow I found that scene really emotional otherwise the rest of the movie was failed comedy (M. Night said in an interview he tried to experiment with horror and comedy and I see that is what The Happening represented but of course it failed unfortunately).

The Visit was solid for sure. I was expecting some other twist though.

And yes Split was fantastically made. Needs to get an awards for its sound design and acting (all the girls did a superb job and acted realistically).

It's a fucking sequel you retard. That's the reason The Horde gets away, to then show Willis is in it and will be looking for him.

This has the potential to go so, so wrong, or so very right.

I unironically enjoy Lady in the Water, although I don't claim it to be a good movie. I just like the atmosphere and the charm.

And BDH being almost naked 80% of the time

"Thematic" sequel.

I was hoping that Anya Taylor Joy would go back and live with Kevin. They were both outcasts after all..

hmmm you are correct.

It could be a masterpiece or M. Night could follow the basic super hero formula and try to copy Marvel which I so hope he doesnt

Kevin doesn't exist anymore. The beast is still forming and the other personalities idk since they were all talking in the mirror

I REALLY disagree with the acting.

The girls were awful, in my opinion.

The VVitch was bland, non-emotive, and made of stone.

The black girl NEVER delievered a convincing line.

The other friend wasn't terrible, but hardly "superb."

James McAvoy, on the other hand, was brilliant. It would have been so easy for an actor playing a character with a multiple personality disorder be a stereotypical crazy person, and each personality would be a caricature or something, but he was terrific.

>The VVitch was bland, non-emotive, and made of stone.
She was a survivor of child abuse you idiot.

The reason she didn't scream or act nervous around Kevin when he first entered her car was because she is used to men dominating and hurting her.

Was a well acted scene

>The Beast decides to seduce the VVitch and they mate in the sequel: creating a special baby
Would this be a kino stiory?

I mean, I got what she/they were going for, but it was not at all effective. If she wanted the cold, desensitized character angle, there are better ways to do it.

>Kevin doesn't exist anymore.
w0t
>The black girl
>black
*avocado

most teens act autistic if they have been abused or are depressed in life

>but it was not at all effective.
In u're opinion

Designated Plot Twist Movies

The Beast takes over Kevin I assume

>Defending the Avatar movie in any way.

"Oh I know we'll mispronounce the main characters name for no reason and call it art"

:(
The ending/post climax of the movie didn't really go the way I hoped.

>he liked avatar the last weeb bender

UNSPLITTABLE: REVELATIONS
>Jared Leto stars as a mental patient who keeps witnessing the Beast near his window and no one believes him
>One night, the Beast breaks into Jared's room as he says "PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE VERY PURE. I CHOOSE YOU TO BE A FOLLOWER OF ME"
Would you watch?

I thought The Beast would transform into a giant werewolf since the drawing of the Beast looked like a creature.

I was happy it didn't because that to me would be too cheesy to see

Maybe that's my bias. I actually volunteer at an outpatient place for abused teens (getting a degree in social psychology and teen therapy) and when a kid (especially girls) have a past of abuse or neglect or exploitation, they don't act like VVitch at all.

Almost a guarantee that hedwig will steal the light and look for anyya lmao

>he didn't

Do you touch their girl peepee's?

>I actually volunteer at an outpatient place for abused teens
I can't believe I am literally reading this on Sup Forums

Stories of you touching the DAMAGED young girls?

>hating on a show everyone loves

>Dear diary mood apathetic, anons an emp kid, as emo as can be, you can be emo too if you hate things like him.

Well, I say "volunteer," but it's more of an internship-type deal. I don't get paid and I enjoy helping out, but it's not a completely selfless thing.

"""""""helping out"""""""""

>helping volunteer and take care of abused teen girls for free
>implying that makes it any different

How do you resist the urge to rape them?

not that user but I am sure it is the same as any male teacher who teaches teen girls classes.

When you don't grow up as a loner and have been very social, then you get less pervert thoughts I presume

Because I'm not a fucking monster. I'm not a fucking animal.

Believe me, it's more heartbreaking than anything. It's tough.

Rape is natural though.

>He hasn't seen one of the greatest (NOT ANIME) cartoons of all time Avatard: The Last Kekbender

You're a fucking homo is what. The damaged whores are incredibly easy to manipulate

>taking advantage of already abused girls
I am sure you people would have abused Lilya from Lilya 4 ever you fucks.

You probably are gonna go and watch that movie right now...

SAD!

>it's good because a lot of people like it

No they do not. Stop labeling everyone like this movie did. It's one character. It doesn't speak for the world or reality. In fact it shits on reality. What do I expect though, it's a supervilain movie, so capeshit.

only if she was sexy

I am labelling her based on my experience with life

>sit at table in restaurant
>stare at table and do nothing til food arrives

The bruises are a little unerotic, but yeah, I'd fuck the bitch

No, a lot of people like it because it's good.

it's based on a true story you dick.

Girl got sold into sex slavery then she killed herself

I grew out of cartoons in 2004, sorry.

And my experience is the opposite of yours and what this movie is attempting to commentate.

She's an actress who has to portray a 2d character written by what seems to be a 1st year english major. The character had no depth beyond stereotyping.

From one depressed fuck to another user, you should genuinely consider suicide if you take anything that comes from hollywood at face value.