This kills the USMNT

>this kills the USMNT

MLS is literally the savior of american football. The part where you invent new sports because you suck at the ones that already exist is that fucked you.
See you in 4 years (or not).

>no youth system
>kids have to pay to play
Even jannies at least do it for free, Burger youth has to hand our sheckles.

Kids have to pay to play in here too, macaco.

Uh, no they don't?

Yeah, sure. Go finish licking their dicks then, i won't stop you

Why the fuck does the line extend beyond the shield? So god damn stupid and we deserve to be shit for it.

Yes, your players need to leave just like Pulisic who comes to be the only USA good player, but they won't take soccer so seriously, most of them play in MLS because they failed at other sports.

>nigger doesn't even watch Copa São Paulo and see all those kids going to Tocantins to play because they don't have money to pay to play in São Paulo or Corinthians
7 (sete) - 1 (um)

Ask

You CANNOT hope to have a successful league that produces and attracts great talent when you're using the draft system without promotion and relegation. It only works in handegg because no one else in the world gives a fuck about that sport. There's no competition for those players. In football, there's over a dozen leagues across the world that can offer better wages than what players get in MLS. Football in America needs to a total revamp. A country of that size should have at least 80-100 professional teams across several leagues in the typical pyramid system. The ingredients are there for long, sustained soccer in America. There's a great sense of identity and camaraderie across a lot of America's towns and cities. It usually manifests itself in high school events and rivalries in other sports. That passion should be channeled to soccer.

step 1: insurance companies dismantle amateur gridiron over CTE
step 2: baseball stays slow and expensive, alienating the lower middle classes
step 3: a larry bird vs magic johnson situation legitimizes MLS for lower class whites and blacks.

i don't believe this will happen. we will play gridiron until we're all drooling retards (which most of us already are. we're in serious decline. it's scary.).

The draft is largely irrelevant nowadays. Teams either sign their own "homegrown" players from academy, trade (either players, international spots, or one of multiple kinds of MLS Monopoly money) for players from other teams in the league, or sign foreigners from abroad.

>each MLS team starts an average of 2 US players
>top US players ride the bench or dont even make the roster
>USMNT goes from bad to really bad

wow

if only we limited foreigners to 5 roster spots

Why are so obsessed in ruining the site experience for everyone?

Not for everyone. Just for brazilians.

But why? It is honestly really frustrating to see that same reply over and over...

All Dib Garber has to do now is make Pulisic the highest paid player on planet earth and he will put the final nail in the coffin

Feel free to leave.

why is promotion/relegation so important?

I might as well leave. This website is supposed to be a welcoming and light-hearted experience fot the users and you are ruining it for everyone.

Good riddance, e não olha pra trás preto de merda.

No tanking, no draft bullshit, teams have to play to survive. Relegation usually means reduced sponsor pay, reduced fan attendance for smaller teams and a much less TV rights money.

The funny thing is that the teams that beat the shit out of us, like Costa Rica, have a lot of MLS players on their roster.

The MLS academies are free for any kid who has a good tryout. Every MLS team has one.

It's different here. If you get relegated in South America or Europe, some fans will stay with you, or at worst go to a different soccer team because soccer is the #1 sport there. In America, soccer is #5. If the local soccer team, which has existed for less than 20 years, gets relegated, people will all just stop going. People barely care as it is. For example, the only team in our 3rd biggest city is the Chicago Fire. You ask anybody in Chicago about whether they watched the Chicago Fire, they'll think you're talking about a tv show.

So teams don't just start losing on purpose to get better picks. In the rest of the world if you finish last you don't get the best pick, you are kicked out of the league

Don't you actually believe it makes more sense than the American system?

>The MLS academies are free for any kid who has a good tryout. Every MLS team has one.
And everywhere else. Thing is, in many places there's a whole quota dedicated to players with influent managers who can sign deals early and get money to the right people.

the only problem is the salary cap, if you had multiple Champions League Knockout level players on each team, you might see a semblance of people giving a fuck. Also our youth system for sports is more of focus on lots of things and don't specialize, so you get Chads who are the High School QB, Starting Pitcher/Shortstop and captain of the basketball team

>My Little Sawker will prove to be an asset

All of its shills need to be lynched.

Depends where you are. Atlanta and Seattle both have extremely popular teams for example.

>some fans will stay with you
>some
But for real now, you can't expect players to develop after going pro if you know you can lose freely and reward your team by doing so.

you have to be retarded to think that pro/rel won't cause wages to go down in MLS for the forseeable future.

but there's no reason to attribute poor youth development to that

I wasn't part of the discussion, just saying why promotions and relegations are good

Youth development is also better than drafts and picks (you collect your own work of youth players, not getting some guy by draft just by luck), but that's a different arguemnt

Maybe your system brings more parity but also it's less fair

Fold MLS into Liga MX, try to create a huge media buzz and bring world class players to America and Mexico

we have a youth system

why are you participating in the conversation if you don't know about the teams you are discussing and you aren't paying attention to what you're responding to?

other than to complain about an ownership system thats different from yours?

I replied to an one sentence question... There wasn't much to read about

The youth system here is garbage though. Just reading on their website it says that the player has to apply to the system. MLS barely does any actual scouting.

lmao but you still managed to misunderstand what he was asking

ironically MLS helps other CONCACAF countries more than it does its own country

Holy fuck I didn't realise that! Always assumed your teams were mostly US nationals, some other Americans and a Robbie Keane.

Brazilian and Argentine clubs do almost no scouting and we still provide the best talents in the world. Most players just join the clubs because they want to play there

Barely in the last 2 or 3 years I've seen Argentine clubs scouting in African countries like French and English clubs have been doing for decades

Nah the league has been a huge help to every small concacaf country that has ever beaten us 2-1 on a dirt patch

Motivates clubs at the bottom to not just roll over once they're out of the title race and gives something serious for lower league clubs to aim for. Stops the league becoming stagnant and boring and if anything, allows for 'the American dream' instead of your current communist setup.

By scouting I also don't mean foreign scouting. I mean like sending out people to scout promising young people in our own country, which teams like Boca Juniors do in your country. Offering spots to kids that are great and not waiting for them to come to you.

>which teams like Boca Juniors do in your country.
They just sign players from small town clubs, don't universities also do that in your country? If you are a good basketball player at the age of 12 and live in a small town you'll probably get high school offers to play there, right? Here it's the same but made by clubs

This is so true it even hurts. The only scouts I got to meet were from Portugal and Netherlands.