Shame on the house of ptolemy for such barbarity

shame on the house of ptolemy for such barbarity

Console of Roam

True patrician thread for true patricians.

>TRVE patrician thread for TRVE paricians

ftfy

Gratitude

ALEA IACTVS EST

JUST

HE WAS AN ENEMY

>HE REFUSES TO MEET ME!
>kek

Caesar was so based. Ciaran Hinds nailed that role like no one ever has. He was just flawless. The acting on Rome was top notch through and through. Even like the little servant guy who got butt fucked to get into Atia's house was good. On any other show someone would've been bad. It just doesn't exist. Even little asshole Ptolemy kid was funny.

All the sides parts are well done but every single main role is epic in the level of skill displayed. James Purefoy was brilliant.

what show is this? is that the guy that played Snape in the HP movies?

Ye

Faceblind AND retarded, your life must be hard

no its negan

I don't know who that is

Yes, it is.

Purefoy should have blown up after the show. That dude was seriously tremendous in Rome. His performance in his death scene was so fucking top notch that a lot of the biggest actors today couldn't even pull off.

hot diggity dog are you some kind of retard

Yeah it fuckin' baffles me. Maybe he's hard to work with or something. The talent is there, the look is there... the guy is awesome. There almost has to be a reason.

i think i remember reading something about him being a complete prick irl

>thinks this matters in hollywood

lmao

kys

It does. That's why Kathryn Heigl or Lindsay Lohan can't get work.

Baggage is certainly taken into account when it goes to big studio movies, and smaller movies require intimacy that usually people that are assholes are unable to accommodate.

see: Robert Downey Jr shitting on the indie movie industry.

half the actors you've ever heard of are complete assholes. those two just happened to be replaceable (in Heigl's case), or in Lohan's had plenty of other problems like being a constant drug/alcohol tabloid wreck.

Purefoy was in talks to be in some big movies long before Rome. He was supposed to be Bond and V from V for Vendetta, among other things.

According to a few sources, he did not get the roles due to 'creative differences' - aka, he was a prick and nobody wanted to work with him.

Has there ever been a stronger case where one character was so much better than the rest of the show than Antony in Rome S2? Maybe Bill the Butcher in Gangs of NY.

He was in the John Connor movie as Caesar's sidekick again.

There's a difference between being an asshole in general and being a difficult actor on set.

>Implying it wasn't Vorenus and Pullo

Anthony was entertaining, but he wasn't a deep enough character to carry the show by himself.

ALL MOCKERY OF JEWS AND THEIR ONE GOD SHALL BE KEPT TO AN APPROPRIATE MINIMUM

>Vorenus is overcome by rage and does something stupid to create a new arc, meanwhile nobody cares because actually important things are happening
wow what a great character, really carried the show

>Roam

spellcheck yo self

also I remember being 12 and wacking off to Atia all the time

This was basically my problem with the show.

>skips over 60% of the most important events in the clash between Caesar and Pompey
>spends most of the show focusing on some fictional bromance instead

theye should make adaptation of "Masters of Rome" by Colleen McCullough asap. From times of Gaius Marius through Sulla, Lukullus, Pompeius, Ceasar to Augustus. Altough i would include the Gracchus brothers as prologue.

the show was funded by HBO and BBC and it was still too expensive, which is why it was canceled

I don't know how much they planned to show but they did have to rush through S2 because of it

user, have you penetrated anyone yet?