Is Jessica Chastain the best actress working today?

Is Jessica Chastain the best actress working today?
I just watched Miss Sloane, and she was absolutely mesmerizing. Suspecting I may have overlooked or underestimated her talent at first, I thought back over her career; to when I first noticed her in Take Shelter opposite Michael Shannon (an underappreciated film, btw), through bravura performances in Tree of Life, The Help, Zero Dark Thirty, A Most Violent Year, allowing for a couple big budget/payday roles - Interstellar, The Martian - and forgiving a few missteps - Crimson Peak, The Huntsman - I realize that I don't recall anyone else putting together as impressive a resume in the last six short years. Being beautiful hasn't hurt her, either, to be sure. Now, resist your juvenile urge to shitpost about "Mommies" and give your honest opinion... is she the best?

So mommy thread?

Well, that didn't take long. No surprise.

haha no

she is like npr radio come to life

Star of such hits as Miss Sloane

MOMMY MOMMY

I WANT MILK!!!

CHASTAIN BEST MOMMY

I'd say Viola Davis, Cate Blanchett, Tilda Swinton, Marion Collitard, Jessica Chastain, and Amy Adams are some of the best working actresses today.

>Marion Collitard
someone post the gif/webm to BTFO this faggot

That's because that is literally the only fucking reason I heard about it, through adverts on NPR.

I never said they were free from the ocassional bad performance.
She was great in La Vi en Rose.
Alternatively, name a modern actress who has never had a bad performance.

>subjectively great in a single role
>considered best actress working today
just fuck off with your waifu already

OP here. Recognizing that Meryl Streep, Ellen Burstyn, Helen Mirren, Glenn Close, Diane Lane, Susan Sarandon, Annette Bening, Julianne Moore, and a few other more, um, "mature" actresses are still here, I'd definitely agree with your choices, and probably add Natalie Portman, Naomi Watts, Lea Seydoux, and a couple more.

She was good in Rust and Bone too. That and the Edith Piaf biopic and and the Dark Knight Rises are the only movies I've seen with her, I'll admit. So, 2/3 to me seems like she's okay. I also heard she was good in Nine and The Emigrant.

Holy shit. Has someone already tweeted this to her? What's her reaction?
Jesus Christ, Nolan's quality of work is just terrible.

She's literally a less attractive Eddie Redmayne.

Jessica Shitstain

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

mommyfu thread

post any of the following

>Jessica Chastain - loving mommy who misses daddy that passed away dearly (who you look at a lot like)

>Bryce Dallas Howard - supportive aunty who will help you and mommy in any way

>Christina Hendricks - friendly neighbor who invites you over for cookies when her abusive husband is away

>Emily Blunt - strict teacher that knows your tragic home situation and frequently asks you stay after school if you fall behind

>Jessica Biel - twofaced babysitter that watches you when mommy goes out; sweet and kind when mommy is around but shows her true colors when youre alone

>Sofía Vergara - mommys spicy best friend that you often spend time and play games with

>Kate Beckinsale - mommys work rival/frenemy that is invited over to discuss business some late nights on occasion

>Eva Green - mommys and auntys strange cousin that inherits grandpapas house in town and meets you for the first time at his funeral and is very fond of you

>Marion Cotillard - your special tutor mommy hires to help you through school
>Charlize Theron - the reserved psychiatrist youre taken to due to your constant sexual abuse

>Evangeline Lilly - tomboy-ish and bubbly PE teacher who is especially involved with you on swim day

>Amy Adams - quiet but funny librarian who always encourages you to spend time there with her so she can show you new books

>Gemma Arterton - mommys other neighbour who often watches you after school when mommy isn't home. she runs a bakery and is always inviting you to try her goods

wtf

daughterfus >>>>>> mommyfus

>78895905

That read like the verbal equivalent of a fluffy abuse drawing

I'm so happy that a woman molested me as a child. It's seriously amazing.

>fluffy abuse drawing

what's that?

I've been on board of the Blanchett and Swinton train for years.
I recently rewatched Junebug and then watched Nocturnal Animals and i'd like to see more kino roles for Amy Adams.

>suspicious that Jessica Chastain posted this her own damn self

>t. retard

she's ugly so no

>gun control thriller

How about you kill yourself, champ?

she has a nice body but the face.....

kek'd

She's one of the best working today

I agree OP, I think she's very talented and natural. I haven't seen much, but she was really good in Take Shelter and Tree of Life.

what did they mean by this?

dropped.

She is a declared feminist, also.

I wish I could atleast kiss this hideous woman

WTF I hate mommy now

>hideous woman
kys

Hollywood fucks up a lot of things but they deliver on the talented hot redheads.

Amy adams
Moore
Chastain
Dallas-Howard
Green
Molly Parker
Marcia Cross
Isla Fisher
Sarah Rafferty
Hendricks

Fockin' hell.

>too dumb to understand an ironic post

shes terrible
la vie en rose is an oscar bait film,nothing more.and any actress who puts on tons of make up can ((((((((((((((act))))))))))))))) in that piece of shit '''''''''''''''''''''''''''biography''''''''''''''' (((((((movie)))))))))))))

>actresses
>good at acting

they're there to look pretty

Bridget Regan

Deux jours, une nuit is best than the retarded superhero movies you probably like and she was good in it.

Green who?

my dick says yes

Miss Sloane sits squarely on the shoulder's of Jessica Chastain's performance – and she responds with awards-worthy work that single-handedly elevates the film

>talented hot redheads
>talented

being smelly ≠ being talendet

She is amazing and pure, very clean

Seriously want her to drop her pants and take a fat shit on my face, tbqh family

what the fuck is going on with her pupils

lizards from space confirmed?

*BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF*

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....*sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff*.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

*BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT*

Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..*sniff*…ah….*ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff*…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….*sniff sniff*…hmmm….is that….*sniff*….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…*sniff*….a little whiff more if you please…..*ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff*…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…*sniff*….the most pungent one yet my dear….*ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff*….yes….

i-is she jerking loki off?