Why don't European colleges have campuses like in the US?

Why don't European colleges have campuses like in the US?

pic related, pic i took the other day

We certainly do, but we dont build them outside of cities like you do.

Where do you think the colleges are? In a tower?

I guess you could argue today that it gives them a safe space to fester in their ideological bubble.

american isolation campuses are weird as fuck, its much better to have it in middle of city, and unis always get the best locations in city center or near it

Mine is out of a city although there's not many like it

my campus was in the city, but not in the main drag like a lot of european campuses. It was sort of to the side of town

well i dont know the actual reason, maybe its because USA is so big or its just cultural difference, but most of students live in city not in the dorms in Europe i think

we do tho

the campus of a catholic university

My university is in a city buts it's full of Jews where rent can go up to 3k so most students commute.

V nice

You probably pay for that huge ass campus with your ridiculous tuition fees.

Enjoy

Cute

Shame it's wasted on a catholic university

true

>65k a year

Because most of our universities have existed for more than 100 years and thus are located inside actual cities

American unis have more cash available thanks to your exceptionally high tution fees.

Also that amount of land would be extremely expensive in europe where everything is overpopulated as shit.

very comfy

gotta love bohemian crown rooftops

this, fuck american campuses

Artificial demand is what is driving the price of tuition up, not campuses.

You mean campus where you get shot?

you'd lose your mind over here, I'm in the east coast, I'm only an hour away from the major cities, and it's all empty land and wilderness yet

>8.7 million inhabitants
>overpopulated

Sweden is overpopulated.

If I was a psychotic killer I would love to be in one of those american campuses who are far away from civilization for no reason. Before they call the cops I would already off at least 6 faggots.

Not by a long shot.

Mine is surrounded by the medieval part of town
Comfy as shit famalamborghini

U sure?

dats rite

Which one?

I thought hogwarts was in scotland

Some of it is in Durham

>why don't Europeans create designated cancer towns to put all their cancer in so it can interact with other cancer and conspire to become megacancer

Hello Connecticut bro.

All American universities have their own police. Also OP's uni isn't really in the middle of nowhere, I live nearby and I know the area.

And what do you think catholic universities do differently than non-catholic universities to make it a "waste" you dumb shit?

it's a pretty divisive university complex
some people love it for its boldness while others want it to be torn down on the pretense of the university's huge heating bills

When did the prestigious universities move from historical city centers to large campuses?

In France, the Sorbonne keeps growing, now it's scattered all over Paris (tolbiac, clignancourt, jussieu...)
Sciences Po is still rich enough to buy or rent buildings in the 7th arrondissement (like UCL or LSE in London)

Actually the only very large Universities we have are for plebs.

But we do have some colleges aka schools on the american model, with large campuses, far from the city center : HEC (jouy en josas), ESSEC, Polytechnique (Palaiseau)

HEC, the crème de la crème french business school.

Many of the Major UK Universities were founded like 500+ years ago

Most of best universities (Harvard, MIT, Yale, Columbia, U Chicago, and Berkeley) are in major cities, however most of them still have a campus feel.

There are a lot of incredible universities out in the country like Princeton. Also almost all Liberal Arts schools are in a rural setting.

ok, I thought they were all far from the center

forgot the Plateau de Saclay, which is pretty big, south of Paris (polytechnique, centrale-supelec, paris 11, CEA...)

But it's more a technopole than a single campus.

Religion and higher education are like oil and water.

rate mine.
it's where sciences are at, fuckers from medicine, law & humanites have their buildings in the city centre

This ones in Copenhagen

>Religion and higher education are like oil and water.
This is advanced fedora tipping

throughout millenias educational facilities were religious institutions, especially higher-education.

He's baptist.
They get teached that Jesus had guns and tamed dinosaurs while fighting the anti-christ called pope.

Parking
Gym membership
Sporting events
School clinical

It adds up.

So this is what hell looks like.

Most students in the Netherlands rather stay at home. Or go live in an appartement on their own. Or in an appartement of their student society.

But we do have some campuses, but I never heard of a Dutch student going there. I bet it's mostly for foreign students.

same here. We call it "babel" (babylon) for this reason

This building gave my home Koala hard testicular kanker.

>Gym membership
>Sporting events
So let me guess it right. American students are fine for funding shit that most of them won't use but taxes are ebil?

If you join a student society you get access to cool (shared) appartments in the heart of the city. Like in the red light district of Amsterdam. Or in the nightlife areas of other cities.

My university has a study hall for (((Jews))).

fuck those jewish supremacist nazis.

Damn. And I thought my 40k a year was expensive.

Also it used to be a Japanese farming community before WWII.

(((Coincidence)))?

my campus is in a city and I live in the city