Boris Johnson says UK will retain access to single market

But freedom of movement will not continue.

Can someone explain to me how this should work? The EU's policy has been for decades that access to the single market is completely linked to the four freedoms, which are:

The free movement of goods.
The free movement of services and freedom of establishment.
The free movement of persons (and citizenship), including free movement of workers.
The free movement of capital.

How can the UK retain 3 of the 4 freedoms and dismiss the 4th? Seriously asking.

reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-boris-idUSKCN0ZC13W

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-cOx2PMnxTY
europeanpolicy.org/en/european-policies/single-market.html
bbc.com/news/business-36596060
eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=86102
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're more likely to open up more markets then just the ones in Europe. Japan and America (if Trump gets in) are more likely to open up new trade deals with them.
Everyone already has free movement. Just because you have to spend a few hours to get a new passport doesn't mean you're incapable of travel unless you're too retarded to figure it out.
Free movement of workers is overrated. UK currently has a bunch of lazy sacks of shits in Scotland and N. Ireland that aren't doing much with their lives and could be well utilized.

Don't listen to anything a politician will say, especially when his name is Boris.

It won't work.

It's the beginning of the negotiations.

>Britain: We want to continue to have access to the single market, without restriction. Oh, and we don't want to allow any freedom of movement.

>Europe: No.

>Britain: Okay, so, we want access to the single market with limited movement

>Europe: Keep going

etc.

They can't, they won't. It's the opening gambit. Like haggling over a counterfeit T-Shirt at the markets.

Boris is a lying wanker political opportunist. It wouldn't work.

He is not the leader, calm down.

Tory/UKIP meeting: youtube.com/watch?v=-cOx2PMnxTY

It will work because the uk can give them money to accept it. Just like the EU turns a blind eye to the abuse of refugees by turkey because it suits them to do so, Germany will suddenly be ok with an end to free movement because it suits them.

Oh it'll work all right. It'll work because they voted to leave.

They'll sign the deal and start enforcing immigration quotas, Australia style. And what is the EU going to do about it? Nothing. Because they need the money.

>trusting a roach
>ever

Pretty much, we just need to hold out and let Merkel get threatened by all of the German corporations who own her for fucking with their export markets.

because when the uk jumps you say how high

RULE BRITANNIA

>And what is the EU going to do about it? Nothing.

Continue its policy that full access to the single market is contingent on accepting the 4 freedoms, just as it did for the last 3 decades?

You do know that the US also does not allow other countries full access to its unified market except for the 50 states and for territories... which all have free movement of people.

>the four freedoms

I imagine that's an exhaustive list, yeah?

Poor things will have to line up in the non-EU line unless they join the EEA when going to another country.
Then they'll have to endure the horror of free movement once inside Schengen.
How horrendous.

>Joining Schengen
No

>The EU's policy has been for decades that access to the single market is completely linked to the four freedoms,
So how have non-member countries of the EU gotten it?
I don't get what's so hard to understand for you people. Britain isn't a member state anymore and the EU cannot prevent any member country from trading with a non-member country. The EU has only ever had control of trade within the EU between the other EU members.

>Pretty much, we just need to hold out and let Merkel get threatened by all of the German corporations who own her for fucking with their export markets.

But the German corporations are experts in exporting goods to Canada and the US and China etc. Why should that be any different for exporting goods to the UK once it leaves and UK based banks have no access to the EAU market... just as American or Chinese or Jap banks have no access unless they open up a regulated bank in the EEA?

You don't have to be a member of Schengen to have free movement once entering the Schengen block.

>I imagine that's an exhaustive list, yeah?
yes, those are the 4 freedoms of the single market.

europeanpolicy.org/en/european-policies/single-market.html

What do we expect Wall St. to do tomorrow? Is NY going to give London a boost?

>So how have non-member countries of the EU gotten it?
By accepting free movement of people . that is how Iceland, Norway and Switzerland achieved access.

>Why should that be any different for exporting goods to the UK once it leaves
Because if Merkel makes it difficult for us we would make it difficult for them. It is in mutual interest to come to a deal.

Kind of funny, I had to get to go through an actual customs check and talk to a guard every time I've been to the UK

The rest of Europe a lazy guard just stamps my passport without even looking and that's the end of it until I leave

Definitely overstayed my visa last time and they didn't even care or think twice

>Because if Merkel makes it difficult for us we would make it difficult for them.
But you cannot. There are WTO rules. The export of goods situation would be similar to exports to Canada or the US.

>But you cannot
Then you cannot. So it does not matter. It is not like you can just stick huge tariffs up against us.

There's isn't a computerized system at the border to alert if you have stayed longer. It's all down to the guard looking for the stamped dates.
But passports from certain countries are usually given little scrutiny.

Let's take back control. Hi. Im betamax. Still waiting on these control measures

Because you faggots had to ruin freedom of movement for Europeans by inviting an infinite number of unwashed Africans and death-cult-muzzies in.

Problem is, we don't need unfettered access to that single market. We do have access to it, but our major reliance is on Asia, and our access to the E.U. free market is based on our exports - Mineral and Agricultural.

The U.K. has nothing to export into Europe of THAT variety. Europe doesn't need them all that much.

They want them, though. So they will find some sort of middle ground. That's how these things work.

Why would the free movement of persons (and citizenship) ever even be thought of as a good idea? Imagine if the US canada and mexico formed a North American union and allowed that to happen? The spics would literally flood north in a wave of immigrants leaving their corrupt shithole country to and they would destroy ours.

>Then you cannot. So it does not matter.
What in 'WTO rules' don't you understand? Goods trading is governed by WTO rules. Services trading is not. Getting access to the single market is all about services and London.

>stick huge tariffs up
Dude, we aren't in the 1960s. It is not about tariffs, it is about services and regulation today. Only 14% of the British economy is manufacturing and agriculture. 86% and growing is services and that is at issue when talking about the single market.

EU will buckle they need money to give benefits to all of Africa and the muddle east.

Overstayed my visa in Mexico and they read me the riot act for a few hours. Loved the irony.

They will haggle and barter.

Perhaps the U.K. will even accept the 4 conditions - But in the back pocket they will always have the option to Shut It Down whenever they need to.

Which might or might not happen.

It's like buying a gun and security doors just in case there is a riot. Now you gotta clean the gun and store it, and you've gotta unlock your stupid ass security door every time you want to go into the garden or buy milk.

But it's reassuring having them there. Just in case.

Maybe the likes of Merkel and Juncker will see this as a lesson to learn from. Probably not. If they gave a shit, this wouldn't have happened in the first place.

They think they are in the 1960's, that's why so many old people voted stay

How?
Because fuck shitskins.

>The U.K. has nothing to export into Europe of THAT variety.

The UK is all about services (and capital). Exporting services is key for London.

Now you're understanding why Brexit happened, burger friend.

Imagine you have a union of, you know, the 50 states in the U.S.

Free trade. Free movement.

Now imagine if Texas said;

>Hey guys - I'm not only really keen on getting Mexico to join our union, but you know what else? Fuck these borders. I'm throwing em open to everyone from Latin America. We'll figure it out later. Probably have to give half of them citizenship though, since it's a bit chaotic down here right now, kek.

This is what Merkel did is doing with Turkey and North Africa/The Middle East right now.

Now I imagine quite a few U.S. states would be concerned by this behavior and be like;

>Fuck off Texas...We're out of here.

He wants free movement of workers. It's a wordplay

>Why would the free movement of persons (and citizenship) ever even be thought of as a good idea?
It is a requirement for a single unified market. That is why there is freedom of movement between US states.

>Imagine if the US canada and mexico formed a North American union and allowed that to happen?
if there should be a single unified market, which there is not, yes then there would have to be freedom of movement for it to work.

>The spics would literally flood north in a wave of immigrants leaving their corrupt shithole country to and they would destroy ours.
yes, but you don't have a single NAFTA market.

>EU will buckle they need money to give benefits to all of Africa and the muddle east.

If that is the motivation, they should get as many London jobs as possible to the EEA.

Right. But you can move services to new locations.

You can't move Iron Ore deposits and ungodly huge amounts of cattle and grazing land.

You can relocate a bank to Ireland. You can't relocate fields for crops to Luxembourg.

That's one of the most retarded analogies i've ever heard

It's an analogy for a burger. A sheeeeit, if you look at U.S. history it's not even that retarded.

>Right. But you can move services to new locations.
That is my whole point. You need to move people to the EEA to render services.

>You can relocate a bank to Ireland. You can't relocate fields for crops to Luxembourg.
Yes, that is my whole point, dude. Goods trading will continue, but services trading will be restricted.

I know. Was just saying above that the nature of the goods is quite different when the another user used Ausfailia as an example.

In theory, yes.

Anything can happen. It depends how valuable though the British market is to the EU and how much pressure domestic industrial consortiums put on their leaders.

Germany is looking ready to buckle.

I think it's pretty wrong for Juncker to go ahead with his punishment plan, as the only people who are going to suffer are the ones who overwhelmingly voted remain anyway lol.

Fuck the EU. I hope Islamists blow up Brussels.

mofuggin donald trump wannabe. just look at that hair!

There is a fifth freedom: fuck you wankers, want to trade goods or not you cunts.

Quite sound logic I must say, from a Texans perspective.

NORWAY
O
R
W
A
Y

Member of the Common Market
NOT a member of the EU

This.

Blame Merkel.

Nobody in Britain has a problem with Hans or Pierre coming to live in London. We just don't want Abdul Rakeem and the rest of the sand people's tribes in our country.

Boris is a traitor.

Nigel needs to hurry and rebrand Ukip and become the next Prime Minister.

He claims he would be a bad PM but compared to the past cucks that were PM and even performed oral sex with a dead pig, Nigel would be a marvelous PM.

I for one, am extremely confused as to why nobody questions the link between freedom of movement and membership to the EEA / Single market.

They don't NEED to be linked, its obviously the EU just mandating it. Yet nobody calls the EU out on how thats arbitrary totalitarian bullshit.

Still adopts EU legislation.

You could've questioned it and even campaigned to change it. When you were a member.

>Effecting change in the EU

lmao

Yeah, fucking no.

>EU's policy
So what. The EU needs a reform urgently, or it will cease to exist within the next decade.

Instead of complaining that the EU didn't change, complain that your democratically appointed leaders didn't try to change it. You vote for the EP, your democratically elected head of state sits on the Council which appoints the Commission.

Ah yes, you mean like that whole phase of our PM trying to negotiate a deal with the EU to avoid us leaving and them saying "Fuck off, there will be no reform"

Wow yeah, sure seems like a worthy endeavour

They got tired of immigrants building enclaves in the towns and cities.
Don't want them to assimilate,just want them to go away.

american here, is boris the UK trump?

redpill me on boris

Mudslimes are not people like you think them to be.

You, as the most half-assed member, don't get to just march on Brussels and demand the EU reform to cater to you. You've had one foot out the door ever since you joined.

Follows EU law more than Sweden and Denmark

We actually don't have freedom of movement between our territories. You need a passport for Guam and Puerto Rico now.

>EU will change if you want it to

its like this eurocuck

the eu will give the uk a good trade deal at a loss of shekels and no cucks can enter the uk without permission

if you have a problem with that you will have to deal with usa military

you also have to give the uk back all the money they paid while in the eu

remember last time we fought

i dont think you want that again

so pay your shekels faggot

Change generally doesn't come from non-binding referenda. People keep voting for pro-EU parties in the general elections.

Because he's full of shit. He was always full of shit because he never thought he'd win.

The EU has absolutely no need or desire to give the UK any sort of breaks. In fact they have several reasons to stick it to them if they want to encourage unity.

This is just his attempt at damage control because the markets aren't having it and people are starting to panic over what they did.

>Change generally doesn't come from non-binding referenda

Funny how binding referendums don't ever show up.

>People keep voting for pro-EU parties in the general elections.

You mean the pro-EU parties keep forming a cabinet and block out/ignore others?

On a tangent- if one would ask an American Public student what the 'four freedoms' are they would say either

>Freedom of speech
>Freedom of worship
>Freedom from want
>Freedom from fear

Or
>Access to soap box
>Access to ballot box
>Access to jury box
>Access to ammo box

So the four freedoms in that respect three me off a bit.

As for your question
>The free movement of goods.
Just as the US has this with CAFTA, NAFTA, and Canada whiel restricting immigration from our trading partners.

>The free movement of services
See above

>and freedom of establishment.
Singapore has this while highly restricting migration

>The free movement of capital.
Just as the US has this relationship with much of the world - especially PRC- while the Chinese and the US don't each allow unfettered migration from the other

Because business is business.

bbc.com/news/business-36596060

A German industry boss has said it would be "very, very foolish" if the EU imposes trade barriers on the UK in the event it votes to leave the EU.

Markus Kerber, the head of the influential BDI which represents German industry, said his organisation would make the case against such measures.

He said any introduction of tariffs would be "regression to times we thought we'd left behind in the 1970s".

The UK's referendum on whether to leave the EU will be held on Thursday.

"Imposing trade barriers, imposing protectionist measures between our two countries - or between the two political centres, the European Union on the one hand and the UK on the other - would be a very, very foolish thing in the 21st Century," Mr Kerber told the BBC's World Service.

"The BDI would urge politicians on both sides to come up with a trade regime that enables us to uphold and maintain the levels of trade we have, although it will become more difficult."

Mr Kerber added that any introduction of tariffs would lead to job losses in Germany and the UK

Sure does! I still like that we are outside tho, even if it costs us in both freedom and capital. Atleast we can tell people we are not in the union.

Will be good to have another based country to stand outside of the union. Hows sweden going bro? Your medias suck balls so impossible to know even tho i read swedish fine.

probably like every other fucking country does it

Hey now, that's racist. Only turks can call each other roach.

They should start negotions negotions piecemeal, first with the Commonwealth, then the US, then outer European nations, then component EU nations.

Secondly the UK should use subversive means to push a Frexit and meme for a Poland- based union with which UK would have little to no restrictions on migration, capital, and trade .

> US also does not allow other countries full access to its unified market except for the 50 states and for territories

True but we let outside actors come damn near close.

An investor from China can easily open several businesses, but real estate, take a position in the stock market, and act as a plaintiff in civil cases without ever stepping foot on US soil.

The United American Union was promised to world leaders by certain people decades ago

One currency, one border, one citizenship.

No 2 amendment though.

>Industrialist only cares about industry

Color me surprised. I mean he's not wrong, but the UK shouldn't have left in the first place. We're dealing with emotional problems because apparently grown men are children.

We already have trade with the UK. They aren't going to make it free trade though (the UK isn't). Honestly, the EU can't stop any trade from any country including it's members with the UK.

then wtf was the point of leaving EU?

>You mean the pro-EU parties keep forming a cabinet and block out/ignore others?
How many seats do PVV and SP have combined?

>and even performed oral sex with a dead pig,
>oral sex with a dead pig

Uh
wut?

I'm hoping this is a British or American expression I don't know...

Currently?
More than VVD and PvdA combined.
Euro-skeptic parties keep getting bigger, EU keeps wanting more from NL.
There is no questioning Brussels when people like Rutte just want a cushy job in Brussels when they're no longer leading.

Look up Liechtenstein, friend.
It is in the EEA, and it has limits of immigration.

" Whatever the EU might declare in terms of freedom of movement being "non-negotiable" for EU members, therefore, it has conceded that it is negotiable for Efta/EEA states. And if the Sectoral Adaptations avenue was closed to us, the alternative for the UK as an Efta/EEA state would be unilaterally invoke Article 112, as did Liechtenstein. We could then apply our own controls."

eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=86102

On top of that, people are proposing being in the EEA perhaps only on a temporary basis.
It goes like this:
Leave EU
Stay in the EEA to minimise economic harm
Whilst in the EEA, sort out trade deals which include limits on immigration
Once those trade deals are done, leave the EEA and use those trade deals instead

Cameron put his penis inside a put from the butcher As part of college frat hazing.

>half the time I hear Cameron mentioned on the other side of the Atlantic, it's about him having fucked a pig

What a legacy....

they cant
fuck britain as hard as possible
this is the chance to bring down the eternal anglo

>muh markets
buy their companies, close them later
not very hard once they are out

What's with my phone?

>we already have trade with the UK
Yes but AFAIK EU member nations had to give priority to other members.

Now UK is a free agent and can open up more contracts with the US.

He literally said freedom of movement stays.

What the fuck are you people on about?

>buy their companies, close them later

Ha.
You've reminded me.
We are ofetn mocked the Germany owns some of our car industries, and whatever else.
Those German-owned industries going down the toilet would, therefore, harm Germany's economy as well as our own.

So somehow in all of this... the globalist system which we are fighting against, which sells off our best assets to Germany and India and so on.... is actually going to help. Crazy.

Boris has, since winning the referndum, repeated that he will aim for a points-based system.

And in the short-term, free movement WILL stay. I am amazed that so many Remainians thought that we'd vote to leave, then immigration would automatically and immediately come down.

who pissed in your potatoes?

because it chooses to. can change its mind fairly easily.

We're going to have our cake and eat it, lad.

And the EU is going to accept it.

Boris Johnson is a Jewish Turkroach.

"He did not set out any details of how the arrangement would work, but suggested Britain would not accept free movement, saying the government would be able to implement an immigration policy which suited the needs of business and industry."

Unless you're quoting from somewhere else, the article does not "literally" have him saying that at all.