Lennon

Why does Sup Forums hate Lennon so much?
Honestly, I don't get it...the amount of times I've seen Sup Forumstants shit on Lennon is astounding...why?

I mean, he was no McCartney but he deffo contributed more than Harrison did. He wrote some great songs, man.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 15.48.13.png (688x908, 750K)

Beat his wife.

Better solo career than McCartney.

In My Life? More like Beat My Wife!!

Attached: CJP63_66_Random_23.jpg (500x378, 41K)

those are fighting words lad

It's a meme you dip

Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite? More like Beating The Living Shit Out Of My Wife!!

Flaming Pie is better than anything Lennon did.

A self-obssessed, calculating, anorexic family-abandoner who slagged his friends, chased whatever the current zeitgeist was, and reportedly made everyone around him miserable. But, like Lucifer, he managed to pull off one of the greatest tricks in the history of rock 'n' roll -- convincing everyone that Paul McCartney was the asshole, and that he was just a humble, peace-loving, fame-and-money-shunning second-coming of Christ that the world just didn't understand. Keep in mind, his first recorded Beatles song was "Please Please Me", which was named for his habit of demanding that groupies fellate him before he went onstage.

I have to give the guy credit for making the masses, especially (again!) New York's clueless cultural elite, in the late 70's, swallow his ten-years-too-late hippie New Age bullshit ("Imagine") as if it were this great new direction in rock. And how about when he sold himself as the GREATEST FATHER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD, when Julian, his first son, very much alive and aware, had to swallow decades of neglect and even scorn? Although he did write that heartfelt song "Hey Jude" for Julian when Julian was so sad about John's divorce from...oh, wait, Paul wrote that one. Sorry.

But wasn't it cool how John Lennon wrote that bad-ass, edgy "How Do You Sleep At Night?" song about Paul -- an unlistenable, plodding number that no one's ever played twice? And what did that asshole Paul respond with? Oh yeah, "Silly Love Songs", a self-mocking, good-humored pop tune you can hum.

John Lennon -- woman hater, shitty father, trend follower, bulimic, sour-natured heroin addict and millionaire. Imagine!

Patton Oswalt, on John Lennon

None of the other solo Beatles were even kind of comparable to McCartney. Solo McCartney has a few albums that are better than most Beatles albums.

It's not just the stuff about beating his wife, the more you read about him, his actions, the way he treated his friends, the more repulsive he gets.
However that should not change one's opinion of him as a musician and songwriter. I wish a had a quarter of his talent.
I guess that a lot of people go through phases of idolising and wanting to be like him, then realising that he was not a saint and disliking him and finally not giving a fuck/seeing that life is not that easy.
Or they just don't like The Beatles in general.

Ranks up there with humanity's very worst honestly. A monster any way you measure it.

His dirty laundry isn't even relevant. I'm talking about his music.
Also
>Ranks up there with humanity's every worst. A monster any way you measure it
You'd honestly put lennon in the same brush as Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Jeffrey Dahmer?

Is just that people think he was the avant-garde and artsy one, when all the experimentation on Beatles were brought up by Paul.

Honestly, it's because he was a bad songwriter, one of the most overrated in music history, there's little substance to most of his work and his solo career is embarrassing to say the least

>all the experimentation on Beatles were brought up by Paul
uhhh no. you could argue Paul was the first but Lennon experimented as well, especially when Yoko came in

>You'd honestly put lennon in the same brush as Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Jeffrey Dahmer?

Their crimes pale in comparison to Lennon's.

Attached: 20180324_111657.jpg (259x249, 17K)

>he was a bad songwriter
so the guy who wrote (or at least co-wrote) Happiness Is A Warm Gun, Dear Prudence, Strawberry Fields, A Day In The Life, Come Together, I Am The Walrus, Norwegian Wood, Tomorrow Never Knows is a bad songwriter?
'gga pls

fpbp.
pic related: the wife album

Attached: beatles.png (807x807, 16K)

All things must pass is better than anything McCartney released

Yes, not an original bone in his body and all his best works were just the works of someone else that got credited to him and were vastly inferior to the works that inspired them

Guys it was george who was the most experimental.

ATMP isn't even the best thing George has released

They weren't arguing who was the most experimental

Every 70s McCartney and Wings album is better than ATMP.
Also this.

What's better than ATMP?

Objectively false

Since when does the ‘Chan care about women?

>Objectively false
Objectively shit taste

Wonderwall Music, Living in the Material World, Cloud Nine, Brainwashed

>Objectively shit taste

Says the guy who thinks Paul Mccartney is better than based George

Dark Horse, Thrirty Three and 1/3rd, s/t

It's not even close. Paul McCartney is the pinnacle of 20th century music.

George played guitar in one of the bands he was in.

Don't diss my boy H-dogg

Thats Bob Dylan faggot. And George wrote more songs fact

better not more

Bob Dylan isn't even the pinnacle of 60s folk rock
Neither better nor more.

Actually everyone knows John wrote the best Beatles songs. But we shit on him cause it's le meme

This except Paul.

Attached: Paul McCartney.jpg (404x480, 48K)

>Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Kek