Why are Western cartoons always intentionally stupid...

Why are Western cartoons always intentionally stupid? Why can't there ever be a show with serious emotional moments instead of having fart jokes and references every two seconds? Even in a show that's a comedy, it still has powerful moments like this that wipe the floor with anything America's ever done:

youtube.com/watch?v=wVNyTtEaI7k

What does Western animation have in terms of genuine emotional scenes? The Legend of Korra? Rick and Morty? Oh wow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YOooJW5SSDA
youtube.com/watch?v=HY_osxnHPz8
youtube.com/watch?v=p3eKbKHcP1U
youtube.com/watch?v=bOj6mSyvXQw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is game of stars wars the dark CIA board

Because for the most part people don't watch cartoons to become emotionally invested. Western cartoons are not anime and we like it that way.

Western cartoons are adult entertainment (except for obvious kid shit)

Eastern cartoons are for man children and fat women.

Guess which demographic needs an emotional outlet?

>Western cartoons are adult entertainment (except for obvious kid shit)

The Simpsons and Futurama have genuine feels scenes that are less preachy and less blatant about it on their peak seasons.

Haven't watched The Adventures of Tintin or Duck Tales.

Western cartoons will never ever compare to the greats of Japanese animation. There is no point even making the comparison.

youtube.com/watch?v=YOooJW5SSDA

that looks really weird and wrong

>serious moment
>the monster is wearing a thong
Anime fried your brain, faggot, get help

why

probably the large bulbous asses

you mean their bags?

that sky looks painted on
light and shadow dont work that way
main gripe being that big plume of smoke, find me a picture in real life where clouds act this way

user, it's a rocket launch trail..

>someone hasn't watched Steven Universe

and?

user...

liek yur mum

>Emo's are still a thing

my point exactly
painting a locket launch trail, or any type of cloud, as if it casts a hard shadow behind it is just plain wrong and lacking of any understanding of light interacting with objects

dare i say it lads he is indeed /ourguy/?

are you saying god rays don't exist?

There are better pictures out there but I'm too lazy to find them.

>or any type of cloud, as if it casts a hard shadow behind it is just plain wrong
You've never seen god rays?

Yeah look at how intentionally stupid this is haha :D

you mean sunbeams?
there's a reason theyre called beams. theyre focused rays that contrast with the shadow surrounding them as they pierce dense cloud covers, usually in combination with air particles like dust or rain
they dont cast a hard shadow behind tall objects. nothing does, not even tall buildings. theres a shadow on the ground and a shadow on the far side of the object, it doesnt bleed out because its not tangible.

What show is this from?

You know nothing about western animation, you weeb piece of shit

it's a short film called Prologue, by Richard Williams, the dude who made The Thief and the Cobbler. It's supposed to lead into a full length animated adaptation of Lysistrata

From the anime I've seen, what it mostly consists of is gratuitous exposition, screaming, and hyper-sexualization of every female character. These go for all genres.

so clouds can obscure light but rocket trails cannot?

>They think western animation = american animation
Go watch Le Roi et l'Oiseau right the fuck now you fucking plebs.

Shut the fuck up.
>B-but the correct name for this phenomenon is crepuscular rays

pic related, the best you'll get is this
but note again that here the shadow is visible only because it is cast on the clouds behind it
in the anime pic there is nothing to catch the trail's shadow but its still there for no reason and it looks jarring
its just a gradient lazily slapped behind the cloud and it looks as if its laid down on a flat surface, as if the cloud is touching the sky

>they dont cast a hard shadow behind tall objects

again i dont see this thick trail of shadow behind the cloud
like i said there is only the shadow where it is cast - on the surfaces

you're posting all these images to prove my point
what kind of cognitive dissonance do you have where you dont realize these look nothing like the anime

Is this rotoscoped?

Yeah, why don't anime creators just take pictures instead of drawing shit. We could call that the kinetic motion art or kinema for short.

>actually posting One Joke Meme as an example of a "deeply emotional" anime
jesus fucking christ

>if we wanted things to look good and realistic why not just take pictures or make a movie
holy shit user

i can see where this is heading so i'll just pre-emptively post this image

There is a handful of actually good anime, the rest is complete shit. Even the ones that people hold up as great are dumb; Code Geass, Full Metal Alchemist, Stiens;Gate. Most anime beats you over the head with terrible exposition (seriously does anyone in Japan understand show not tell?), horribly jarring tonal shifts (there's a really emotional scene, then the next second they are fucking around in highschool), unrealistic characters that are more recognizable as anime characters than actual fucking human beings.

Anyway, anime is mostly a shit medium for manchildern who love vapid escapism and jerking off to hentai. If you want some real stories that have variety, read manga. Even manga has serious issues but it isn't even as close to as bad as anime is.

Waiting for someone to post Justice League Unlimited stuff...

I don't know why I visit websites where children get so much attention just by bleating their opinions pretending to ask questions.

I hope there are more lurkers than not.
It hurts to see so much discussion about so little.

nice blog

thanks for subscribing.

This. Even Japanese animators have spoken openly against mainstream animé. They lack subtlety, lessons are bashed into your head, jarring reactions, and ADHD level of characters speaking. It's ME! ME! ME! aesthetics can get annoying a whole lot.

>like i said there is only the shadow where it is cast - on the surfaces
You're assuming the sky is 100% transparent but it is not, especially when the air is very humid and water starts to condensate as it gets colder in the evening.

>Serious moment
>villain is a meme spouting clown
It goes both ways faggot

Because it's a medium for children. It's like asking why there's no serious capeshit.

What is the western cartoon equivalent of Giant Robo?

>anime

in comparison
communist cartoon from czechia
youtube.com/watch?v=HY_osxnHPz8

What the fuck? It's literally a scene from Captain America. Nips are fucking hacks

To be honest, for a 12 y.o. I'd certainly recommend Naruto over any generic CN shit. If you're older than 16 and watch animated series religiously that's kinda bad sign, no matter where it comes from.

Giant Robo (2007)
Captain America (2011)

ProTip: If America made something that looks cool, it's always going to be ripped off from something Japan has already done.

>Why are Western cartoons always intentionally stupid? Why can't there ever be a show with serious emotional moments instead of having fart jokes and references every two seconds?

Cant tell if autistic or baiting either way posting opm and being ignorant sure makes you look like a retard.

>Why isn't America like Japan hhfhiuurhfhfhfhhffhddh

Can you just shut the fuck up?

>one punch man
>serius and emotional
weak bait

>Rick and Morty
>le grade school nihilism and shit-tier animation

I only use R&M because at least that *tries* to be deep on some microscopic level. What else does America have? "Another Lisa Simpson does some soul searching" episode?

Rick an Morty does not try to be deep. It's just a show about space, and space travel, and they do pseudo intellectual stuff in their shows but it's all a fucking joke. It's not supposed to be a drama, but you have to make your show a tad more complicated for more episodes to be developed.

I don't think anyone watches the show because it's "deep"

>one punch man
>good
at least post mob you fag

youtube.com/watch?v=p3eKbKHcP1U

Weeb go home

>le powerless human who moves faster than light, survives 10km meteorites moving at the speed of light and can punch though black holes
Batman is SHIT In every iteration ever that isn't TAS

this

When I think of good western cartoons, there's really two distinct categories. Cartoons intended for children to watch too, things like: Batman the Animated Series, Gargoyles, Mighty Max, et cetera.

And then the rarer but equally quality adult western animation. And not things like the Simpsons or Family Guy, but more like Spawn, Aeon Flux, Fritz the Cat, Animatrix, Watership Down, etc.

Certain seasons of The Simpsons and Batman TAS are top fucking tier and can absolutely hold their own against high tier animes

Can't animation hold both catagories? For children and for adults? The Simpsons for instance have plenty of scenes and jokes that only adults could possibly understand. About the hardships of parenting or history for example.

Old Simpsons are pretty damn good user.

The older seasons from 1-4 have great funny but relatable stories that hit you in the feels.

You're somewhat right though, most are trash and rely on slapstick.

Bob's burgers has some decent dialogue and retort.

OPM is fucking genius though. It's so silly but has a subtle layer of maturity to it.

>Why can't there ever be a show with serious emotional moments instead of having fart jokes and references every two seconds?
And you have Batman TAS.

Sure, but there's a quality difference. Even when the Simpsons were good, it was just a light twenty-two minute comedic show. The likes of Gargoyles and Batman were consistently darker and dealt with more adult themes, even in episodes that were comedic.

>one punch man
>serius and emotional
weak bait

> Using big3-tier pleb adaptations of manga whose context you don't even know because the other overfed white teenagers who told you about it wouldn't either to attempt to shame people

You're 100 years too early to be facing Sup Forums and 1000 to be facing Sup Forums which would have left you raped and bleeding by now.

Sup Forums likes OPM for the most part.

Oh and just to spoonfeed you, OPM was created as a joke, an edgy Liefeldization of this literal baby cartoon:
youtube.com/watch?v=bOj6mSyvXQw

> everyone else in this thread who replied to OP
Congratulations, Sup Forums and Sup Forums are now no longer the most gullible (You) feeders on Sup Forums.

Except what you posted is rare in Anime, most Animes rely on kindergarden morals and yelling for "emotional moments", very few have some thoughts behind their words.

How can the west even compete?

by paying the same Koreans who animated that like we always have

> knee-jerk memeshitting not even germane to the OP

Yes, you're really helping here

> shitting in a sea of shit
> Sup Forumsposting outside Sup Forums

go home kid

>nut shot
Makes me wince every time.

Fuck this is good. Didn't know the Thief And The Cobbler guy made this.

Since I am not really looking for dark and emotional shit in cartoons, I prefer western cartoons.
I truly love some anime shows but most of that stuff just seem too over the top to digest. Just finished NGE two days ago and I liked it a lot but it still has these weird anime cliches.

>serious/edgy/comedy anime being better than self aware anime

Generally not true tho you can find some bad "leddit humor" shit.
Also weeb question: Is Gintama good?

the thing is these "serious" anime that gain popularity in the west are considered childish trash in japan
you, the american, only find them good because of the very slight "mature" theme
bebop/eva/miyazaki hayao are to japan what the frozen/croods/family guy is to america and viced-versa
manga is what is read by everyone, but even now the idea is growing that its only for teens and children

>nut shot

posting this same shit everytime

what's the deal with the birds

probably because they're for little kids and not manchildren like anime

Even this have more emotional weight than most animé that needs atleast 30 or so episodes just to prove their point. Moral Orel also rapes it in emotional weight per minute.

Don't make me laugh you weeb piece of shit. There is nothing that the Japanese has made that comes anywhere close to the Prince of Egypt and this one was made 20 years ago!

Take a look at Spawn and Maxx, so you can realize you're very much wrong.

>OPM
>good
Manga's art is great and the animation was good, but story wise, character wise and all that jazz, it fell flat on it's arse.