Will late 90s/early 2000s style trance ever make a comeback? Or is it dead forever?

Will late 90s/early 2000s style trance ever make a comeback? Or is it dead forever?

It's so much more appealing to me than modern styles of trance and EDM.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=65EfTFUFDwI
youtube.com/watch?v=eJRB8iOCShU
youtube.com/watch?v=Sq2lG_42X7s
youtube.com/watch?v=6QEPrDBMqJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=Rhqovo1Nit8
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9gWA491H4U
youtube.com/watch?v=wthEX1B6QXc
youtube.com/watch?v=y6120QOlsfU
youtube.com/watch?v=stZco6yI5zo
youtube.com/watch?v=0Rc6AD7l_UE
youtube.com/watch?v=_ULv08OcuFo
youtube.com/watch?v=WbOW2H9sBnk
youtube.com/watch?v=q0EeuN-g0Rg
youtube.com/watch?v=d_Hw_UC314M
youtube.com/watch?v=tpKCqp9CALQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ObNNSYJCWuA
youtube.com/watch?v=Sl0VO8vlG6w
youtube.com/watch?v=DXSyQjppqG0
youtube.com/watch?v=2kXMcjKhBgU
youtube.com/watch?v=ri6Efk1SPJc
youtube.com/watch?v=3yZwr82vXSY
youtube.com/watch?v=-OTryGzS-G8
youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc
youtube.com/watch?v=w1eN8vyVFIM
youtube.com/watch?v=p3l7fgvrEKM
youtube.com/watch?v=FMrIy9zm7QY
youtube.com/watch?v=HSwda46cNMg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

america

What?

SHAMIKA, KIESHA, TARA
FREEK-A-LEEK

I
CAN'T
GET
NO
SLEEP

This was always better

youtube.com/watch?v=65EfTFUFDwI

youtube.com/watch?v=eJRB8iOCShU

youtube.com/watch?v=Sq2lG_42X7s

Classic.

Is trance music mostly a UK phenomenon? I've only known of one person here in the USA who liked it and he was English lol

Euro in general really.

youtube.com/watch?v=6QEPrDBMqJ0

It was pretty massive in the UK. To an extent it still is, everybody still goes mental when it gets to the time of night in a club when the trance tunes start. Though it's often daft stuff like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rhqovo1Nit8

No it wasn't.

Lots of people in the US were into trance when it was at its most mainstream, e.g. when Paul Oakenfold was big.

Yeah this was the kind of stuff he was into. Pendulum and Yoji Biomehanika are the other two edm artists I 'member

I just want drops to die. I fucking hate them so much. Why build up a song if all you're going to do is have a drop when it should be at a crescendo?

post-1996 trance pretty much invented the buildup-breakdown formula

Agreed

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9gWA491H4U

Bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=wthEX1B6QXc

1998 was a huge anthem and a great example of what you just complained about moron

PEW PEEWWWW P-P-P-P-PEW P-PEEWWWW
P-P-PEW PEEWWWW P-P-P-P-PEW P-PEEWWWW

Attached: laser.jpg (708x398, 62K)

Nah, you don't get what I'm saying. I'm talking about in modern tracks where it goes from a real rich synth sound to just pure bass.

i think its an american thing, they are so angry all the time and want that heavy rock/metal influenced sound, probably why later Prodigy went over so well whereas Euros are all about the party and good happy dancing all night sound

youtube.com/watch?v=y6120QOlsfU

It's weird though, because there are plenty of edgier bands that you can dance to. The whole EBM sound in Germany was based around being edgy while still making groovy tunes.

youtube.com/watch?v=stZco6yI5zo

I'm not comparing it to trance really, I just find it weird how people act like being edgy and making something you can dance to are not compatible.

yeah I get your point, I guess that whole scene totally passed by the average fratboy

Oh, absolutely. I only know it because I used to be an edgy rivethead. I just find it weird how it never caught on because I can see a lot of people liking it. The only equivalent band that made it into the semi known territory was Combichrist and that was only after they switched to metal influenced stuff.

Anyway, yanks gonna yank. And it's not relevant to this thread so I'll stop.

lets hope so

I think everyone ran out of trance bangers but theres also the whole free/hardtek scene too but again too underground for most Septics to know

No because electronic music ages poorly. Music driven by real instruments doesn't, but electronic music made twenty years ago just sounds outdated and bad now as the technology has moved on.

All musical instruments are real instruments

Synths aren't. They're virtual instruments.

No, they are real instruments.

I just wank for y2k action movie music like nu-skool breaks and the more dynamic side of progressive house to make a comeback.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Rc6AD7l_UE
youtube.com/watch?v=_ULv08OcuFo
youtube.com/watch?v=WbOW2H9sBnk
youtube.com/watch?v=q0EeuN-g0Rg

If anything new electronic music like Arca, OPN, most vaporwave sounds more plastic, sterile and two dimensional than the electronic music from 20 years ago.

That's a meme and you know it.

Wrong, this is a meme.

Fuck that, I want this back

youtube.com/watch?v=d_Hw_UC314M

None of that stuff will make a comeback because the Americans never grew up with that stuff and in the age of global internet culture dictated by American masses anything that is alien to them is as good as nonexistent.

sandstorm, castles in the sky, the list goes on...

Americans had hip hop, Euros embraced bleeps.

We made the right decision.

definitely

I don't think that's absolutely true. There's a bit of a divide between American internet and Euro internet now that more Euros speak English.

That period of electronic music was just the best, even if it was mostly just the Brits with a bit of French stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=tpKCqp9CALQ

Probably the best time for electronic music
youtube.com/watch?v=ObNNSYJCWuA
youtube.com/watch?v=Sl0VO8vlG6w
youtube.com/watch?v=DXSyQjppqG0
youtube.com/watch?v=2kXMcjKhBgU
youtube.com/watch?v=ri6Efk1SPJc
youtube.com/watch?v=3yZwr82vXSY
youtube.com/watch?v=-OTryGzS-G8
youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc
youtube.com/watch?v=w1eN8vyVFIM
youtube.com/watch?v=p3l7fgvrEKM