Were they, dare I say it, /ourdroids/?

Were they, dare I say it, /ourdroids/?

Other urls found in this thread:

askajedi.com/2011/05/11/the-mandalorian-mistake/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No they, dare I say it, were not

>republic clone appropriating Mandalorian culture
It's 22 BBY, this needs to stop

Clone troopers are born from the DNA of a mandalorian called Jango Fett. Appropiating your father's culture isn't wrong.

Don't recall ever owning a droid?

CIS did nothing wrong.

They were literally right.

WATCH

>Jango
>Mandalorian

Nigga he just wears the armour, he's completely co-opting their culture

THOSE

They would be save for the fact that the CIS was practically formed and puppeteered by the happiest of merchants. The rhetoric was bang on though.

Sheev is /ourguy/, might as well take his army with us

WRIST

Honestly this was the only legitimately terrible bullshit to come out of The Clone Wars.

George Lucas seriously ruined decades of world building by saying "actually Jango and Boba aren't Mandalorians, they just stole a set of their armour". It's full fucking retard.

t. Karen "Die Jedi Die!" Traviss

Oh God no, I absolutely loathe Karen "Manda Sue" Traviss.

askajedi.com/2011/05/11/the-mandalorian-mistake/

>She also has a real fascination with Mandalorians and their culture which has prompted her to create a fictional language for them. She also has never read a Star Wars book that she didn’t write.

>In Karen’s mind Boba Fett, Jango Fett, and the Mandalorians were part of a mysterious trinity in Star Wars of the three most powerful groups: The Jedi, the Sith, and the Mandalorians. She claimed that the Mandalorians kept the Jedi and the Sith in line and were awesome because they didn’t have the Force.

>Karen Traviss, in her novels, had every character (even ones who had no reason to) speak or think in Mandalorian, revere Mandalorians, and be in awe of Mandalorians. This included, but was not limited to, Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade Skywalker, Jaina Solo, Han Solo, Leia Organa Solo, Jacen Solo, and pretty much everyone else. She received so much criticism about this behavior that she frequently got into screaming matches with Star Wars fans and participated in flame wars on various message boards and her own personal blog. She referred to fans of the Jedi as Nazi sympathizers and dubbed them, and I quote: “Talifans”

The Mandalorians were neat long before Traviss tried fucking around with them, Jastor Mereel, Galidraan, Boba Fett eventually becoming Mandalore, the Bounty Hunter game etc.

Deliberately shitting on all of the lore that people had built up about them just because of "muh vision" was a bit of a dick move.

What in the Sam hell is her fucking issue?
I read the first RC book as a kid and don't really remember this shit.

She gradually went off the deep end. She did the same shit to Halo and Gears of War. She would latch onto a group of strong, honourable warrior men, turn them into homoerotic Marty Sues around which the entire universe circles and because she never has any idea about the setting she's writing about she completely fucks everything up.

Don't even get me started on her pathological and absolutely nonsensical hatred for Catherine Halsey in the Halo books.

She sounds non-meme autistic.

The only true mandalorians are the ones from tales of the jedi

Boba was never implied to be Mandalorian though.

Before the prequels even started all info about him was "He wears the armor of the Mandalorian Supercommandos"

The wording of which heavily implies he is not one.

>I'm not a nazi I just wear their uniforms lol

>The wording of which heavily implies he is not one.

I don't think that's true. It doesn't necessarily exclude anything.

>Boba was never implied to be Mandalorian though.

No, but decades of people had eventually made him into one.

but what about that comic of jango with Jaster Marel becoming a mandalorian and fighting the death guard?