Whatever Batman v Superman's failings in other areas...

Whatever Batman v Superman's failings in other areas, the one thing it gets unquestionably right is its version of Bruce Wayne / Batman. When he's on the screen doing stuff, the film is at its best, whether it's doing detective work, attempting to steal a slab of Kryptonite in a thrilling sequence, or interacting with Jeremy Irons' Alfred.

Yep, absolute GOAT live action portrayal. Smooth, brutal. Waking up w random models, flirting w a Goddess, fucking mooks up, stalking the shadows. Amazing tech. Bravo Snyder.

to bad that's less than 10% of a 3 hour movie

he acts like a nigger

>w-w-w-well it was shit but if you watch the extended cut with german dub and with japanese subtitles and cut all Superman it looks better
Bargaining already?

>autism : the post

>stages of grief: the poster

You gonna go to waaaaar?

I just saw this film yesterday and i was very impressed. Yes it was too long but the film is just beautiful.

I just don't understand the hate.
Fanboys and film critics are just fucking idiots, you can't honestly tell me you think it was worse than forgettable shit like the Ant man and Guardians of the galaxy.

Is everybody just so far their own ass just to hate a movie because it wasn't made by their comic book company?.
Millenials need to grow up.

You're right, and the line
>I bet your parents taught you that you mean something, that you're here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all... They taught me the world only makes sense if you force it to.
sums up Batman's Nietzschean philosophy perfectly.

Too bad it was delivered in a universe where no, Superman's parents didn't tell him he was special, they actually taught him to never even risk mildly inconveniently himself to save someone else (unless it's a dog obviously).

yeah, you're right. the film is a work of art, MCU capeshit is a corporate product. you may not like the work of art, but you can't deny that it is one.

>they're still trying to convince themselves BvS is good

His Bruce wayne was very cool, does normal action shit, and his batman didn't make a stupid growl voice like bale's.

I give Afflect a 9/10.

>I just saw this film yesterday and i was very impressed.
Sure you did
>Yes it was too long but the film is just beautiful.
Watch more films

>I just don't understand the hate.
Because you're an embryo
>Fanboys and film critics are just fucking idiots, you can't honestly tell me you think it was worse than forgettable shit like the Ant man and Guardians of the galaxy.
>b-b-b-b-but marvel

>Is everybody just so far their own ass just to hate a movie because it wasn't made by their comic book company?.
Are you so far your own ass you pretend to like dogshit to feel smarter than general audiences?
>Millenials need to grow up.
True dat, including you.

what? pa kent monologues to clark about how he's special repeatedly, and how he was "sent here for a reason." what he doesn't do is say to a 10 year old boy "hey you have to save everyone and save the world." because he's a good father, and he wants what's best for his child, and for his child to make his own decisions in life instead of being forced into a role by his father.

when clark is of age, old and mature enough to handle the responsibility of being superman, jor-el informs him of his divine purpose. but pa kent knew the burden that being superman was, and because he's loves his son, he didn't force him into that position.

You pretentious twat. It *is* beautifully directed and photographed.

>you can't honestly tell me you think it was worse than forgettable shit like the Ant man and Guardians of the galaxy.

if only I could like all 3 for different reasons and didn't try to force some childish brandwar rivalry.

reddit's down the hall and to the left

Lol no, it's amateurish at best and you're a fucking embryo, go watch music videos, they're more your style.

>embryo

You should keep saying that, clearly you think it's clever.

Nice tangential bullshit retard, it still won't make that garbage bvs be well shot or directed.

i'm glad you like BvS, and guardians is a pretty good movie, but come on dude, ant-man? ant-man is move by committee garbage. it's a corporate product, produced and directed by hacks who took a great original script out of the hands of an auteur and gave it to some talentless stooge. whenever i watch ant-man i can't help but imagine the edgar wright version, and instead i'm watching some soulless unoriginal garbage.

and i don't even like edgar wright that much, it's just that movie is a perfect microcosm of the failures of disney.

I saw it for the first time a dollar theater near campus, and actually thought it was pretty good. As I left, I heard a group of women behind me literally say "Oh my god, they didn't make a single joke the entire time, that was awful." and another replied "Yeah, I didn't understand it, why did Batman want to kill Superman? Why did he have to use that dumb spear?"

This is the average moviegoing public, and once you realize it, it's incredibly easy to see how movies get the ratings and make the money they do.

Edgar Wright version would've been shit, just like World's End.

Well why did he use a spear when kryptonite bullets would be just as effective?
Also the joke was that someone was paid to write that movie, but women would never understand that

>Is everybody just so far their own ass just to hate a movie because it wasn't made by their comic book company?.

Nope, people loved the Dark Knight movies. This Snyder films just suck.

> "Oh my god, they didn't make a single joke the entire time, that was awful." and another replied "Yeah, I didn't understand it, why did Batman want to kill Superman? Why did he have to use that dumb spear?"
Nobody talks like this. Why must you turn this thread into a house of lies?

I liked that Batman killed, personally. I know that's not how Batman is typically in the comics but fuck comics, you know? Batman blasting niggas with guns and then throwing them like batarangs was the coolest shit.

the world's end is pretty great until the third act though

and even at it's worst it's still better than yes man's ant-man

>it's everyone ELSE who is wrong!

lol

It's actually just over 1 hour of Batman stuff if you cut all the rest out so he gets a good 33% or so

Yeah but Nolan's movies were paint-by-numbers safe flicks without any Jesus symbolism so of course people loved them.

I don't like how he's going from super serious on BvS to funny guy on justice league.

>Yeah but Nolan's movies were paint-by-numbers safe flicks without any Jesus symbolism

I know you're meming, but this is how half the board legitimately thinks.

I disagree.
Gotta make them Avengers stacks, yo.

But DUUUDE in the year 2016 there was an ANT MAN movie and it made $500 MILLION DOLLARS.

They were not safe at all, they were a huge risk that paid off

Well, he regained his hope for humanity after Supes died so it kind of make sense that he'd be in a better mood? I don't know.

just give up. this movie is already dead.

That's not batman though. You like a deviantart fan creation. The not killing thing is a big part of who batman is.

But basically this is what fans of Aflecs portrayal are really saying. They like this new character because he's a bad ass or whatever.

>still making up excuses for shitty writing

i'm actually glad that ant-man exists, because he's one of my favorite comic book characters and i'm glad that audiences are willing to go along with something that silly

i just wish they had made a better movie

I think they literally didn't understand what kryptonite was supposed to be or what it did, was my point.

You're right, sorry for not perfectly transcribing a conversation I heard weeks ago. My apology was facetious

Warehouse batman was best batman, don't they already have the flash and cyborg to make jokes?

As someone who genuinely liked the winter soldier and thought of Thor as decent i don't feel a part of this brandwar rivalry.

But the guardians of the galaxy critically acclaim?. It was an common meme movie.

Is like people are supposed to hold BvS to a different standard because reasons.

Yeah but Avengers money though. Ben Affleck is going to be their Robert Downey Jr.

>Batmobile
>Bat suit
>Bat shit
>Bruce Wayne
>Does detective shit
>Moves like crazy
I don't know man that's pretty Batman to me.

this is the most comic book accurate portrayal of batman ever put to screen, in both characterization and aesthetics. - an actual batman fan who actually reads comics

The not killing part is an essential part of his character.

Like I said, it's like a deviantart fan creation. "This is blacksteel sonic, he goes fast, has spiky hair, rolls into a ball has a uni-eye...but he's black instead of blue"

Liar, liar pants on fire!

Except it isn't and you don't.

Still the best part of the movie.

>Oh my god, they didn't make a single joke the entire time, that was awful.

I was afraid that this is how the average hater thinks.
Is like youtube and facebook memes have damaged some millenial's brains. Now they can't pay attention unless someone is making funny dances or joking about memes.

The bit killing part is innaccurate. Beyond that, every other aspect of him is no different than any other portrayal of batman.

*proceeds to climb walls like a spider*

>Lex Luthor knows who Superman is before the movie begins
>but fucking Batman has no idea

Yes, totally got the characters right.

it's crap and a year old. When will you DCucks get over with it and stop spaming Sup Forums with it?

>this made up story is true because it agrees with my worldview, now I'll preach about the dangers of not overrating pretentious toy catalogues unlike me
Fuck off retard

So which one of you guys calls the Josh Innes show every day on sportstalk 790 in Houston and says "Affleck is the best Batman"

Life has jovial moments. A movie full of nothing but people growling and threatening to make each other bleed comes across as fake. Humor can be very important in getting the audience to accept the ridiculous conceit of superheroes.

If they are deathly serious, you fail to connect with the characters and instead start asking yourself, "why are these guys wearing tights? what tactical advantage does the cape offer? isn't this all rather silly?"

>that movie has no jokes so I can't take it seriously
Damn.

>Humor can be very important in getting the audience to accept the ridiculous conceit of superheroes.

This. Superheroes are ridiculous by definition, there is no way to avoid that. You can't be grim all the time because that doesn't work with these characters.

Shit, even Nolan understood that. Like, every time Bruce and Alfred are onscreen together the movie becomes a Quip Vs. Quip battle.

All i know is ranking a movie because you think a lower office draws means everything is beyond retarded.

Does anybody even remembers avatar? the highest grossing movie of all time?.

>I take the concept of superheroes seriously
Damn

Nolan flicks were MUCH more dour than Snyder's.

It says something that this year-old movie is still being discussed in serious capacity while every marvel movie gets memed for two weeks and discarded.

This has gone far beyond contrarianism, it's actual appreciation for the film.

The movie about the guy who betrayed all mankind for some blue pussy?
I remember. I hope Avatar 2 starts with humans igniting Pandora's atmosphere and killing all the blue bastards off-screen.

This is why your movies are inferior.

Your mind is inferior.

>pa literally lets himself die rather than have clark save him

yeah he really wants him to do great things and makes a great juxtaposition for batmans world view

>I keep shitposting so this is great
So dunston checks in must be a cerebral masterpiece

>tripfag with name "my Spider-Man is black" calls my mind inferior
Damn.

He refused to let his son be revealed at that young an age. If he was discovered as a kid the government and other organizations would have taken him away, he wouldn't be a man, he would be a slave.
He made sure Clark grew up a normal human, a man who knew the plight of the commoners, a Man who knows what it's like to know loss. Even if that mean sacrificing himself to preserve Clark.

In short, the world wasn't ready to know what Clark was and Pa Kent knew that.
It also let Clark experience loss, and made him understand not every can or wants to be saved. While also showing him the meaning of sacrifice.

Revealed to who? Nobody was watching but them.

I disagree about this movie being grim all the time but anyway.

But do you go around in life dancing at random moments or making quips all the time?. That for me also is a ridiculous conceit.

Hell then why even bother with all the fake backstory drama of marvel characters or any serious scene.

May as well just make fucking all superheroes movies straight up comedies like deadpool.

the entire crowd would have seen a man going at super-speed over into a tornado

No they wouldn't, you can't see super speed.

He is right, looks like you just learned a new word. Embarassing!

Fascinating. So instead of teaching Clark about the goodness of mankind, he taught him to be fearful and distrusting of his fellow man. Instead of sticking around to raise his son, he taught him that it's better to let those you love die than to possibly sacrifice yourself.

What a guy.

they also stare at each other dramatically so long he could have just ran up at normal speed and pulled him out and ran back and people wouldn't think there was anything supernatural going on

he could have also just gone and got the dog himself in the first place if it wasnt a contrived movie situation

You have to understand, Pa Kent was plagued by the whinnying of drowning horses every night. He had to end it before he drowned someone again.

>But do you go around in life dancing at random moments or making quips all the time?. That for me also is a ridiculous conceit.

No, but I don't watch movies to see myself on screen. I watch movies to see charismatic, handsome people do things I am not capable of doing. Starlord distracting his enemy with an impromptu dance number is more clever than my strategy would have been, which would mostly involve shitting and pissing myself.

>namefag is a retard

>hurr durr I can keep discussing anything but the original premise of BvS being well shot and directed and the more I dilate the subject the more chances the other person will stop trying to keep up with my idiocy, and then I'd win!!! Epic, epic for the win!!!!!!

except he wasn't a kid and the government couldn't do shit to him since hes superman and he obviously didnt grow up to be a good person because he shrunk from being superman until he found the fortress of solitude and seemingly hate saving people to this day and for some reason thinks superman isnt his idea but pas who had the opposite opinion since hes a badly written character

>the government and other organizations would have taken him away

... exactly how does the government or any human organization "take away" a literal walking god?

>"I didn't get it"
>namefage
YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS UP

Not an argument.

Though I do respect RLM's stance that this movie is trash.

Hi, braindead shitposter here, just here to tell you that Batman v Superman a masterpiece that was too deep for all of you
Disagree and have proof or actual knowledge? No worries, i'll just make the same fucking thread in a
few hours until I find three retards that think like me so we can circlejerk for an hour and call everyone a disney shill
This is my mind on comic books

>"i will literally like any movie, regardless of quality, as long as other people don't"

I can make up quotes too.

With their kryptonite guns that they had because Lex Luthor was a quirky baby.

The desert dream scene was mega kino

This film surpasses any marvel movie by a lot, i mean, it's serious, dark and gritty, while marvel movies play like a self fulfilling joke, like the clown everyone laughs at because it's funny and then everyone forgets

I'm pretty sure this movie will be recognized as one of the best capekino movies

I'm not a huge fan of Affleck's voice distortion in the Batsuit.
He still looks cool though.

>This film surpasses any marvel movie by a lot

If this DC films are actually leading to an Injustice-style storyline, then I will forgive them. But I think it's just bait.

I still don't understand why people are trying to justify this being a good movie. There were just too many points it failed on. This was just a case of a terrible screenplay. Ben Afflecks made a good Bruce Wayne for sure, but his character immediately turns to shit the moment he dawns the cape and cowl. Everything central to Batmans character is lost.

I trie re-watching Avengers the other...

Fucking garbage. The fact that that movie, according to the general movie going audience, is good is asinine.

Then I watched MoS and BvS and was reminded that capeflicks CAN be FILM. It was so refreshing.

Kys

How did Batman see parademons and Darkseid's symbol in his dream?

Is he psychic? If he is why didn't he see that Lex Luthor is playing him and Superman is actually a good guy?

please stop trying to pretend that anything about capeshit can be worth watching by people over the age of 9 ever

>wait...uhhhhhh I didn't GET that
>why is batman in the desert?
>why does he have a gun
>ugh
>I DON'T LIKE THIS MOVIE
>REEEEEEEEEE
It's sad the plebs cannot appreciate this masterpiece.

>I just don't understand the hate.

i know. next try watching age of ultron and the rest of the marvelshit. you literally cannot if actually like good film.