Post yfw Orthodox and Catholics think you need works for salvation, and that faith alone is not sufficient

Post yfw Orthodox and Catholics think you need works for salvation, and that faith alone is not sufficient

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OrBe_3Ql2NQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XIXkoMvYPJE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Faith without works is dead.

Source: Bible

You should read it.

TFW luther is wrong on sola scriptura

>As long as I buy box seats at Joel Osteen's® Mega Church™ I can be saved!

>Faith without works is dead.
>Source: Bible
>You should read it.
Debunked. youtube.com/watch?v=OrBe_3Ql2NQ

>the Bible is the inspired word of God
>the Bible is wrong

Pick one. I'll give you a hint, you, and these people, are wrong. Not the Bible.

>Implying the Catholic Church isn't one big multi-millennial robbery

Checked.

Wew, as if it couldn't be anymore obvious that you didn't watch the video. Come on, lad.

Post yfw there are people on Sup Forums who worship a kike popsicle that promises them eternity with millions of shitskins.

"Faith without works is dead."

Good thing Jesus has the power to resurrect the dead if you just have faith in Him. (John 3:16)

Don't need to.

Faith is what makes salvation possible. You can have all of the faith in the world. If you go around killing people, raping people, and all sorts of evil vile things, your faith won't do anything for you. It will be dead. You won't be saved.

Keep telling yourself that though. You fall into the palm of Satan, which is exactly what he wants. That is too bad. It is such a shame the Bible gives such clear instructions, yet you ignore them, or engage in blasphemous apologetics to justify your position.

if sola scriptura is the ultimate rule, why did this idiot deleted some books from canon because reasons?

Ayy lmaos

Sola Fide is stupid

>Faith is what makes salvation possible. You can have all of the faith in the world. If you go around killing people, raping people, and all sorts of evil vile things, your faith won't do anything for you. It will be dead. You won't be saved.

Wrong. Jesus will forgive you for anything if you repent. Also, the Catholic church is the whore of Babylon. You're going to Hell if you don't repent and divest yourself from Satan's "church"

Is Ignatius part of Satan's church?

Judged by works lad. You didn't even read your Bible. Not Catholic.

>You're going to hell

Wouldn't expect anything less from a heretic. Did you even pay attention to what Jesus said? I'm thinking not. That is too bad.

>be early Christians
>collect writings about Jesus so you don't have to rely on oral traditions
>call it bible and provide explanations by your church leaders for the stories
>1500 years later
>some dude says it's only sola scriptura
>chaos ensues because everybody interprets the bible like he fucking pleases
>500 years more
>women are now priests and gays can marry

Sola Fide is retardation.

Sola Scripture is pretty good though.
>Trust me goy, I'm totally the unbroken line from Peter.
Yeah, nah.

this
not to mention all the slaughter of catholics by protestants.
>By their fruits you will recognize them

>Don't need to.
You admit your intellectual (or faithful) dishonesty.

Orthodox? That's even worse. Orthodoxy is the biggest meme on this board, it's literally a meme being spread by the Russian government to make the "Alt-Right" more compliant to its will. You just like calling people heretics, don't you?

If you think works are required to get into heaven, then basically what you're saying is "Jesus' power alone can't save me, I need to do some of the work myself" i.e. you don't believe that God works miracles. You are an atheist heathen.

There's only one way to interpret the Bible. The Protestant way.

Look mate, I am atheist too, but I have the dignity to come out and say it if someone asks.
>I believe in God and Jesus but I follow their word selectively and when it fits me
>Also I dont do works of salvation because it is hard

Orthodox and Catholics I can respect, they may have different beliefs than mine but they stand by them
Protestant are straight up morrons

>Protestants

WEW LADDIE

I'll stick to the Bible my friend. Did Jesus ever say do whatever the fuck you want, as long as you have faith it will be okay? No, he never said that. Did Jesus live like that either? No, no he didn't. Did the apostles? No.

Explain this and

>evolution isn't real
>earth is 6000 years old
>humans and dinosaurs lived alongside each other
>Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve
>buy my sick ass self-help book, only $9,99. It's what Jesus would have wanted

Jesus said you are a moron

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne. And there were open books, and one of them was the book of life. And the dead were judged according to their deeds, as recorded in the books. The sea gave up its dead, and Death and Hades gave up their dead, and each one was judged according to his deeds.

This. Protestants are the best goys ever

What are you arguing for? That faith alone saves people or not?

Skip to 43:58 James white explains exactly what St.James was talking in verse 2:20.

Show me where in the Early Church did anyone believe in Sola Fide and a non realist view of the Eucharist. I am waiting

James white is a sack of shit. And the mere fact that James had made the statement entails that he is addressing and presupposing autonomous persons as his audience. But this opposes Calvinism!

Because there are no women priests in the catholic church?
Because the catholic church has such deep connection to Jesus that it has been infiltrated by commies and homos?

I've been arguing against faith alone this whole time. Learn to read. Also what you just said about Jesus is disgusting.

No, he explains what he thinks James was saying which is clearly not what James was saying. Because if James was saying something different he would have said it himself. I don't care about how you justify being lazy and not helping people because you think your "faith" will save you when we all know actions speak louder than words.

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved."

"...not by works alone lest any man should boast."

Saving the criminal on the cross, cleansing the blind, healing the leprous, raising the dead... all by faith.

Works. Fuck works. You are repaid in this lifetime for your wickedness. It's what's in your heart? Does it seek after the Lord? Does it desire the Lord? Does it love the Lord? IF it does He will find you in any dark place and raise you up. Guaranteed. No matter what you've done. Imputed righteousness. There's no getting away from it. You are marked for life.

>Because there are no women priests in the catholic church?
Yes, there are no women priests in the Catholic Church, you uneducated sack of shit.
>Because the catholic church has such deep connection to Jesus that it has been infiltrated by commies and homos?
Compared to the Protestants we're holding out far better. But we're not as good as the Orthodox, I will give you that.

>Does it desire the Lord? Does it love the Lord?
Oh yes Lord, suck my nipples

Pretty gay

I believe that having Faith in our Lord is about a Relationship not Religion.

Jesus did of his most famous teachings outside of the Church, which was called the Sermon on the Mount.

>And the mere fact that James had made the statement entails that he is addressing and presupposing autonomous persons as his audience. But this opposes Calvinism!
In words, you can't address the topic of James 2:14-26 against Mr.White, so you have derail the person who resents the argument
Cool, keep doing that, because you got nothing.

>No, he explains what he thinks James was saying which is clearly not what James[the Just] was saying
This is the only way to make harmony with the letters of St.Paul and the teachings of Jesus(like John 3:16) and the greek text of the book. Or otherwise, we going have contradictions.

>I don't care about how you justify being lazy
I don't care much your heresy of misrepresenting the gospel, but you catholics are going to do that anyway.

>mfw

>not by works alone
>alone

You need both. Who am I going to believe? James, or you? I'm gonna go with James.

You make zero sense.

I'm not a Catholic.

I did. James white, being a Calvinist cannot believe in the autonomy of persons. According to his theology, nobody have the ability of self determination. But many verses of PAUL and JAMES contradicts this and presupposes the self determination of their recipients!

>tfw no strong religion like Islam

Why do you even bother arguing with Calvinists? Everything they say and believe goes against the Bible.

Thank you. The history of the church and the opinions of it's various saints and apostles are secondary to the central message of salvation for me, and it seems to me anyone spreading salvation via works is a Pharisee masquerading as a believer.

Paul says that he works his salvation in fear and trembling. Kinda makes the whole predestination bs pointless

Because I hate them

How about the Apostle Paul? "Not by works alone" was a quotation from Ephesians 2:8 and 2:9 which makes this issue perfectly plain.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- not by works, so that no one can boast."

The Church didn't even exist yet. My goodness.

You can't hate them. You can't help them either.

NOT by works ALONE.
NOT by faith ALONE.

You need BOTH. I can't make this any clearer.

Explain this. Oh right you can't and the best part of it is that it's not from some sophist but actual academic work on Paul

So basically sin, repent, repeat.

I'm not a Christian but protestants can give me a damned headache.

Anything that adds to what Jesus did on the cross is self righteousness and is as filthy rags AND is a different gospel

But you skip over the part where Paul makes it clear that grace and faith are what save you and not from anything having to do with yourself or your own efforts. The work has already been done. Christ did it. It is accomplished. The idea of you going out and earning your salvation is an ego trip.

Literally both of you.

youtube.com/watch?v=XIXkoMvYPJE

You speak of Protestants

Guys, do you have any working links to download The Orthodox Study Bible, for free?

“A Christian is a perfectly free lord of all, subject to none. A Christian is a perfectly dutiful servant of all, subject to all.”

Since salvation comes from the Lord through faith and repentance, we can freely do works without the purpose of being saved. Catholics will only do works for their own salvation and not for the benefit of other people, you sicken me.

>James white, being a Calvinist cannot believe in the autonomy of persons.
Okay, I'll give that to you and I'm not a Calvinist myself.
But that doesn't mean you haven't overturn the claims James White made about James 2:14-26.

>Paul says that he works his salvation in fear and trembling.
He also saved only grace and faith in acts 15:10-11

This is insanity, and it perfectly fits the disturbed and angry mind of a vengeful Sup Forumslack. God loves every soul. Every soul, and intends if He can to save every single one. To that end he provided salvation available to all at any time free of price.

I did. The mere fact that the statement entails an address to an autonomous agent refutes White himself who cannot believe in such things.

Are you a Calvinist or not?

Paul's statement refers to faith responding to Grace, without which none can be saved. That isn't sola Fide and it's evident from Paul's other statements

Luther is wrong as PAUL and Scriptures show

I believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Didnt you guys remove the second commandment so you could bow to statues?

Faith requires effort for only active agents can have faith and MAINTAIN such faith in the face of doubt and danger. But this makes sola Fide pointless!

Better explain this

Calvinist or not?

Go watch that video again and again until it sinks in.

Because works are an outgrowth of faith where as faith out works is empty.

Maintain faith? Here we go again. Trying to earn God's grace. Once a relationship has been established it cannot be broken. The Lord will never forsake you.

I have no interest in the petty squabbles between religious denominations. None of that concerns me. John Calvin is not my Lord.

If what we do in this life has no meaning, why did God create the world at all ? Why not just give everyone a survey like "do you believe in the Lord? Y/N" and judge us based on that?
Faith is worthless if you don't act on it.

Do you believe in what Calvin said?

Some Catholics believe in a holy Jesus, but their faith is made impotent by the rest of what they have to believe- which is sacrilege.

False. It can. Paul made statements that shows this by talking about judgement by works, running a race and working out his salvation in fear and trembling. Those decimates any notion of OSAS as the act of struggle or effort opposes it as shown by your own words here. You
Contradict scriptures. Well done

>The mere fact that the statement entails an address to an autonomous agent refutes White himself who cannot believe in such things.
Okay. Let's make your statement our consensus. That doesn't mean you've addressed the argument, because some else can use the same claims Mr.White use and not be a Calvinist.
Only once the claims has been refuted (by evidence) the argument is debunked and I would like someone (hint, hint) to do just that.

>Paul's statement refers to faith responding to Grace, without which none can be saved. That isn't sola Fide and it's evident from Paul's other statements
Have you ever heard of sola gratia? its one of the 5 Solas.
Let's not also forget Acts 16:31.

What you do in this life means everything. If you think that you can just go out and pollute yourself with sin and not pay a price for it then you have been misled... but salvation itself is not dependent on what you did, it's dependent upon the relationship you established with the Lord.

They have a useful religion that doesn't allow degeneracy. You have some stupid shit which doesn't serve you at all. Your religion is just as productive as having an imaginary friend. I have respect for Orthodox and Catholics, but you guys are fucking useless and are responsible for a great majority of Christian degeneracy.

Sectarian fuckers are ruining the reputation of Christianity.

I already did refute James White's argument by simply showing Paul's presupposition of efforts in Salvation and how the fact that James is addressing autonomous agents entails that these agents need to act in accordance to their faith rather than pay lip service. So no, you answered nothing and White is wrong. Also, since Paul talks about effort
And works positively, the whole sola Gratia and any presupposition that works are not important to salvation or of the individual in such act is in fact wrong

Faith without works it's not really a faith.

What God has established cannot be undone by the hand of man.

Keep watching that video.

Explain this

You are not answering the argument. By your own words you entail no free will since in order for your statement to be so, God will made it such that OSAS is the case which entails predestination In which God made creation such that there is no self determination in creatures but they act such that his plan is realised.

What am I asking myself is why the focus of this discussion is being placed on the church and religion and not on the work of salvation that was done on the cross by Christ?

Catholics believe in grace alone, not faith alone (or just faith and works)... ultimately salvation rests in grace, and you better hope you live in conformity to God's will and the nature he has imbued you with in order to achieve that... the modern conception of "faith" that protestants adhere to is simply crude and sterile. Better straighten up and fly right faggot

Acts 16:30

He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

Acts 16:31

"They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household."

Maybe you are a retard incapable of thought protdrone!

Believe which in Paul's own thought entails submission to Christ and OBEDIENCE. That entails effort. We know this from Paul's overall thought

A Church Father believing in Sola Fide

If you don't have Works, you don't have Faith. Works are the fruit of Faith.

Works don't save you if you don't do them with Faith. Being a "good person" isn't enough. You have to be doing good in Christ's name.

Saying "I believe Jesus Christ is my personal saviour" is not enough to save you. If you aren't following Christ's example then you don't actually have Faith in him. Faith without works is a contradiction in terms. If you don't have Works, you don't really believe in Christ.

But wait!!