Why are double elimination tournaments seldom used?

Why are double elimination tournaments seldom used?

Based San Marino btw

based ssb melee

damn right

Having to beat the winning team twice ruins the final

t. not sure if that's even correct

>t. not sure if that's even correct
It is
You have to lose two times to be eliminated
For me it doesn't ruin it at all.

I don't get it

You have to lose 2 times to be eliminated.
There are 2 sides of the bracket - losers and winners. Winners is for teams who never lost a game yet.
For example if you lose in winner finals, you get down to the loser finals and play with those who were in the losers bracket before.

>Having to beat the winning team twice ruins the final
Absolutely not. Seeing a winning team lose twice and choke in the final is hilarious.

I personally think they're underused. I like the gimmick of cups formats but cutthroat elimination is a bit harsh at times. When 50 over cricket dies out I but teams still need to sometimes play it to prepare for the world cup I think it'd be a good format for that rather than a full league.

Actually sorry, I do get it. Check out the all Ireland senior football final format. Kinda like that

because its shit

based 2bh

>all Ireland senior football final format
Welp I don't even get how the scoring works

>Tre Penne

>When 50 over cricket dies out
>50 over cricket
What does that mean?

>tre penne

This about sums it up

Who ABArmada here?

Why don't they play the final twice if the first seed losers?

College baseball uses it

What do you mean? The final rematch only happens if the team from loser bracket wins.

Because it takes too long. It's fine for video games where matches last a maximum of 5 minutes but most real sports take at least an hour to complete one match. Also there's no way to tell whether the final will last one or two matches, which makes scheduling a nightmare when a team can only play one match a day.

>which makes scheduling a nightmare when a team can only play one match a day.
I think no one expect them to play the match on the same day.

Double-elimination can be used only in "sports" where there is no notable fatigue from games.

That's the point. You have to sell a bunch of tickets for a match that might not even happen. If it's a video game tournament, it's not too bad since one extra match won't take long at all so you can just throw it on at the end on the same day. But with real sports, you can't do that.

Dre Benne in Dre Baginne :-DDDDD

what

They're used a lot in Baseball tournaments.

Was used in the World Baseball Classic

based fighting games

seeboreball isn't a sport

penne=benis