Me on the left

Me on the left

seriously why is this series so lacking in fun? does anyone give a shit about the main conflict?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4147018/Tom-Hardy-loses-2-MILLION-making-new-drama-Taboo.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dont even know what it is

its james hardy's Taboo

theres like 4 episodes in

there are occult themes and flashbacks to spooky africa

Oona Chaplin being qt
Hardy doing his best Bane impression in pre-victorian London
Intrigue with a touch of supernatural
Enough mystery to keep you invested
Meaningful story progression and character background discovery every episode

This show is way too fucking good for this world. It is up there with The Knick, Rome, Deadwood, True Detective.

tom hardy'

this series is weird because i feel its all over the place

the main character is at the same time a good guy who doesnt take advantage of women, pays people what theyre owed and is tolerant of homosexuals, but at the same time he's like an anti-hero who will get gory and creepy

honestly i really like the East India stuff and the conflict in itself with negociations and politics is interesting but I feel they have way too few characters involved in it

I'd love a deadwood like series but they bunch up incest, occult shit and mistery and it's all over the place a bit

i just like the idea of michael kelly as an american spy

also has he fucked his qt tranny schoolmate yet?

>the main character is at the same time a good guy who doesnt take advantage of women, pays people what theyre owed and is tolerant of homosexuals, but at the same time he's like an anti-hero who will get gory and creepy
This is the whole point, a sister-fucking "savage" who smears his face with ash turns out to be a better person than self-righteous cunts who abuse their subjects during the day and drink and fuck themselves to death during the night.

Is it just me who thinks the husband's actor seemed really awkward yelling out nigger?

At least we know Winter isn't a ghost now, though that fucks up my theory slightly.

is the tranny supposed to be one of the east india guys in the boardroom? or is he just an "in" person?

he is the guy who takes the minutes of each meeting, he's been there since ep 1

One of the king's men, isn't he? He takes minutes during meetings for one of them at any rate.

oh right thank you

>ghost
Anybody got pics of the ghosts that are supposed to appear randomly in scenes?

Nice to see Chloe Moretz is still getting work.

>its a "i have a gorgeous hot redhead wanting to jump on my dick but im thirsty to fuck a twiggy brunette" episode

also the lesbian kiss was awesome

>why is this series so lacking in fun?
The fuck you on about it's right jolly

deadwood was jollier and it had kids getting killed by runaway horses and people pissing kidney stones

the only character i half-like is the servant guy

It's too slow now, it should have picked up pace and have more action. I think it's meant to be more of a Drama than anything else.

Everything else is good, just needs to speed up and have a bit more action.

The pacing is fine you ADHD ridden child. Name one unnecessary scene in the last episode.

The whole dancing part, with people acting out all drunk and stoned and James having his little anxiety trip or whatever.

The fight with the guy took way too long, with little actually happening.

I'd say it's a bit self indulgent at times.

I'm with the other user on this. There's no need for it to be this snappy actionfest, it isn't particularly slow paced.

My problem with it, though, is how clear it is that Hardy created this role for himself. He doesn't even seem to be acting in the show.

>sister-fucking
maybe this show is worth checking out

It seems to be ramping up, too. I got a semi-chub this episode.

The dancing part conveyed the parallels between the civilized and savage worlds, high-class London nobility actually going through the same ritual motions, except more sophisticated.

Fight with the assassin showed that firstly, Hardy is not invincible/omnipotent and can be sneaked up on and thrashed, and secondly, that he is still a dangerous motherfucker who literally has been fighting for his life from childhood.

>Hardy created this role for himself. He doesn't even seem to be acting in the show.
Nothing wrong with playing to your strenghts. Hardy isn't even a great actor with a wide range, but he definitely has enough screen presence and charisma to carry a scene against better actors (Kelly, Pryce)

So will the big guy kill his sisters husband next episode? I have a feeling that he won't.

The way the show has been going so far, I'd say either the EIC, the Crown or the USA will try to kill him while Bane will find some clever way to stop him from being a part of their plans.

I was more thinking about the duel tbhfam, if he even accepts.

The show has already hyped him up for some horrible violence multiple times and all he did was defend himself from an assassin twice.

Well. He did eat that guy on the ship off-screen.

the way he gutted the bigger guy this episode was pretty violent

So far he hasn't hurt anybody not in self defense. Sister's husband, despite being a jackass, is not a threat to his master plan, so I doubt he will even accept the duel challenge. The whole nobility already views him as a filthy savage, he has no honor to lose in their eyes.

its interesting you talk about this theme of savagery vs "civilized"

problem is im not really feeling it from the show, maybe some actualy scenes in afreeca would have helped instead of flashbacks of a few seconds

we could use a few paralel scenes that show james in africa and james back in england readjusting, you know, sort of like tarzan, thats interesting, instead it just looks like hes fucking drunk or high all the time with the weird images floating around each episode

Just a semi? I had a raging, and I'm at work in the middle of a mall.

I was so on/off attracted to that chick in War and Peace.

Agreed, protagonist acting all wierd/stoned is a surefire way to annoy your audience. Good thing those scenes are few and far between, usually one or two per episode.

Episode 4 was good, something does feel off about this show but I can't put it into words

That interrogation scene was hot as hell

Mrs Delaney is best girl, but she reminds me so much of Billy Piper on Penny Dreadful for some reason, I keep thinking it's her in this show

Mrs Delaney is like Billie Piper under a competent director who isn't afraid to curb her ridiculous EYIERISH AECCENT.

I am genuinely surprised there aren't sjw flipping out on social media over the use of the word nigger in this show.

>also the lesbian kiss was awesome
w-when? I completely missed it

In the carriage ride with the lady who picked her up to deliver her to some rich man that wanted to fuck her.

Any decent nudes of Delaney's new waifu?

Tommy is a jolly lad irl, not some mumbling, brooding mofo with no fun in him

Jessie Buckley's lopsided smirk

Oh, last episode, I remember now
that was good indeed
anyway, plenty good sluts this show, all filthy but somehow hot at the same time

Why is this show ignored here?
It's pretty great. Big Guy is excellent.

It clearly has some issues with getting an audience.

I think it's because it's advertised as spooky horror but without much actual horror.

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4147018/Tom-Hardy-loses-2-MILLION-making-new-drama-Taboo.html

>Daily Mail