Your problem is "pay to play", America

Your problem is "pay to play", America

>“We’ve developed a lot of highly trained but mediocre rich kids while missing out on training lots of potentially fantastic poor kids.”

theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/10/usmnt-world-cup-qualifying-spending/542658/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oină
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pay to play happens everywhere, including Europe. There's a player in our ESPN right now saying how he needed his agency to score a deal with Hamburger SV to play in Germany as a youth.

As soon as the black kids in the ghetto start kicking around a soccer ball instead of shooting a basketball, a World Cup win is only a matter of time.

Yes but they have too much pay to play actually, maybe only pay to play.
Here it's the club who pays kids to sign. Monaco gave 1 million to a 13 years old family to sign.
If you're a crack, club pays you, and makes profits back when it sells the player some years after

The best athletes play basketball and american football, period. Also the media is trying to make this seem like a huge disappointment or embarrassment but nobody really even cares which tells you all you really need to know

the most important factor here is that the government needs to make sure ghettos aren't improved so to motivate the black kids into "making it".

I think you should spend more time reading shit sites like Transfermarkt. Whenever a player is signed, there's atleast 8 people scoring money on the deal, and some are not even related to football.

>our best "athletes" don't play football
>lol and we don't even care
Why do you bring these points?
And being a good football player isn't even about athleticism. If you run 100 m in 10 seconds that's wonderful, but if you have square feet you're a useless football player.

So great players aren't great athletes? ok. If our best athletes played soccer from childhood instead of moving onto basketball, football, or even baseball out national team would actually be relevant. But they don't and probably never will

amerifats think that money can buy anything.

““““““Athletes““““““““

>lalalalalalalalala i can’t heeeaaaaar you!!!!
Pathetic
With the amount of inhabitants the US has and the amount of people participating in soccer you should be way better than you are Cletus, even if all your top athletes somehow all ended up playing grid iron. Should make you think.

everyone pays subs in the uk to play matches (at lower levels)
only pros get paid.

This happens in literally every professional sport ever.

>Basketball
90% of them are too tall. The vast vajority of them would have become very mediocre football players.

All US have to do is to literally just scout people in Europe and Asia where football is a relatively more preffered sport for kids to attend.
When success comes (ex a quarter for US) the sport will get more attendance from the poorer districts and in the end there will be too many kids willing to play.
US is literally just a couple of years ahead of China in the matter "bringing football on the front scene". I literally learned that US had a "soccer" league as they call it when Villa got a transfer there.

if anything we need to make ghettos more poor to better simulate the countries that are generally good at soccer

>literally gib more money for dem programs

. Why would kids go into soccer when football is available? It's part of our identity as a nation. Kids naturally prefer football and baseball. This is why pulisic and usmnt making to the world cup was key. More kids getting into soccer from seeing pulisic in bundles and stat padding against meh team's but that obviously isn't happening now.

The problem is we have 3 sports that are far more popular with the best domestic leagues on earth.

And it’s not a problem. Soccer isn’t our sport. Those rich kids wanna keep it uncompetitive so they can feel like elite athletes because they’re the best among a small group of yuppie elites.

The soccer kids at my high school legit thought they were the best athletes in the school because they won a lot more than the football team. But our football team was losing to teams with multiple D-1 players and future NFL athletes.

So fuck em. They wanna act like they’re good, let them keep doing what they’re doing. Sure they’ll lose to anyone outside the US but they’d rather not have to play against D’Andrevius and Tyrell at home and realize that “oh shit, I’m not actually very athletic”.

tall people make poor divegrass players? seems like it would be advantageous to be able to jump higher than everyone and hit the ball with your head?

All the best Trinidad and Tobago athletes play cricket, yet they still beat you.

>but they’d rather not have to play against D’Andrevius and Tyrell at home and realize that “oh shit, I’m not actually very athletic”.
What sport are you referring here? Niggercollide?

everyone who plays sports pretty much plays soccer when they're 5 or 6 years old as an introduction to team sports and then moves onto something else. And yes obviously the 6'6 guys wouldn't be good soccer players but I'm talking about all the kids who don't make it to the nba or nfl, some of those kids who could develop into great soccer players are instead spending their time playing other sports. Bottom line is most kids in the US just don't have any interest in the sport beyond kindergarten

It’s really this simple. Europoors will never understand.

pretty sure he was just stereotyping blacks as being good athletes...

>be able to jump higher than everyone and hit the ball with your head
there's a bit more to football than that

>CB
>Goalie
>Defensive Mid
>Center Forward who can keep ball
Belgium squad:

Lukaku,Fellaini,Vertonghen,Alderweireld,Witsel,Courtois,Benteke,Dembele,Batsuayi,Kompany,Chadli,Dendocker,Meunier,Mignolet,Casteels,Boyata,Ciman,Kabasele.Origi,Sels
18 out of 26 players called in the previous window are over 1,85
Vermaelen 1,83
KDB 1,81
Mirallas 1,82
Carrasco 1,81

I am pretty sure there are medium height americans as well.

>lalalalalala i still can’t hear you!!,
Lmao

Being tall can be very useful, almost all goalkeepers are above 6'0, most centre backs are above 6'0 and a lot of teams like a tall striker up front. But it completely depends on your system. You can be 5'4 and a good striker, or 5'9 and a good centre back.

Spain dominated world football for several years with a team of manlets

You can't controll the ball while running really well if you are way too much tall.
They might have advantage in corner kicks and fouls, but they would lose in every other aspect of the game.

well yeah but anyone can be good at jogging, you dont need natural talent or good genetics for that

lanklets are too slow and awkward with the ball on their feet
>Belgium squad:
what has belgium won tho?

samefag

Pulisic is legit but he’s an exception

Those things are what you need to excel at in a given sport. So kids practice their hoop shots and blocks. You don't expect MESSI to practice throws or tackles.

Yes but even if less than 1% of your nation gave a tiniest shit about football, losing to Trinidad and Tobago is still pathetic.

Yes. Because of the center of gravity, it's hard to control the ball, change direction etc if you are tall. That's why most of them play CB or keeper. Also, some of them striker (one trick poney header). That's why guys like Ibra or Pogba were so loved. They are unicorns. And they aren't even as tall as the basketball players. Only very good tall striker i remember was Koller. And he was far from being the best.

>the state of American knowledge about sports

easy qualifications. in 3 tournaments in a row and a reach to the quarters in 2/2 so far. You don't need to be the best honestly to have a top elite team.

>what is “low centre of gravity“
>what is “manoeuvrability and nimbleness”
Stoopid Americans, always soooo stoopid

>using the term sport this loosely

>5 or 6 years old

too old

Amongst americans? Yes. But amongst basketball players? No. It's why i'm telling him it's stupid to say their best athlete play basketball. It's not the same body type needed.

This

>jogging

You do realise some football players run 20mph while dribbling the ball

he's actually not

I'll give you an example: Kids in my high school who played soccer were called "lawn fairies" by the football team. Americans look down on soccer and just don't give a fuck about it

>something that happens for literally 20 seconds in an entire 90 minute game

fellow burgers who watch soccer... put together the best soccer team possible using players from the nfl and nba

go

its stupid in total to just say best athlete
there are people who are top tier in basketball because of their shooting but you see those people walk on the terrain because they simply ain't got the pace and the physical state to run.
You see some 2,20 mofos who are No 5. who are literally fat.Their mass helps them into not allowing anyone to come near the ball so they re okay with it.
Being a good athlete can't be seen by basketball players. Basketball is currently a strategic game mostly.

Barely anyone is above 1M90 and most of them are either striker, keeper or CB. Also, only Lukaku (arguably), Courtois, Vertonghen, Alderweireld are top tier. The keeper, the CB and the striker. The best players are Hazard, Debruyne, Mertens, Nainggolan. Medium sized or manlet guys.

They play until they can’t. I bet Ronaldo would have made a good basketball player through the collegiate level, but would struggle in the NBA. Height is a limiting factor the higher up you go, but that doesn’t mean great athletes don’t play basketball as long as they can.

>Nainggolan
how come he doesn't get called to play if he is so good+?

>pretends most popular sport in the world isn't a sport
>thinks that just getting a bunch of gigantic niggers to play footy instead of shooting hoops/touchdowns/each other is enough to create a great team
I honestly haven't seen as much salt since the US election. Brilliant

And then you have to be able to run that much again when defending in 2-3 minutes.
And then in 1 minute again you re on the counter and you have to run.
You clearly are not the guy to make this discussion as you know nothing.

>implying the exact same thing doesn't happen in handegg

Okay then, full backs spend the entire match sprinting up and down the wing

Handegg players run, what, 1 mile during a game? And that's if they're a receiver. Some positions in football are running 6-8 times that.

That's a good point.
Conflict with the coach and Martinez has too much ego to take him back. Everyone knows he's our best midfield.

>pretending that your favorite "sport" is anything more than jogging for 85 minutes and 5 minutes of "action
>make fun of burger sports because of commercial breaks
laughing tbqh

It's a moot point because it doesn't matter how great an athlete you are, if you've got shit touch, you're not going to be any good.

Berbatov is a super lazy shit who walked around the pitch all game yet was a great player because of his control, touch and accuracy of his passes/shots

being 190 cm tall becomes a massive disadvantage in a sport where the medium is a ball rolling on the ground, how hard is it to figure that?
Lebron james with 99% of NBA would be the most awkward players to ever run on a pitch
your football players don't have the stamina, and are too bulky. Grassfairies like Kun Aguero or Messi would literally make them spin and tumble

Obviously they aren’t going to have the skills necessary to be good at soccer at this point but you look at guys like Russel Wilson, Isaiah Thomas, Nate Robinson, who were good enough to play multiple sports at the professional level and you can probably assume they’d be really really good at soccer.

Football is literally 45 minutes of action, 15 minute break, 45 minutes of action. No stopping the clock, no huddling around reading a playbook.

Players making decisions on the fly, moves building up and breaking through or fizzling out. The players themselves have to be intelligent and think fast, not just be told which direction to run by one of a team of coaching staff.

>Implying the USMNT with an above average extra CB with 1,90, a striker who can put his head on every Pulisic cross uncontended due to height and a holding midfielder who s literally just 4-5 cm higher than Witsel and Fellaini would not help them qualify.
Im not talking about transforming them from their mediocre-to-bottom to World Cup Contenders but they could easily with 3 extra players contest even Mexico for first.
You saw Greece. With literally only 3 elite players Manolas, Sokratis and Mitroglou (Samaris and GK Karnezis close to that - the others are just a bit above average/mediocre but focused) we could beat a World Cup contestant in Belgium. Getting 18 points from Trinidand Honduras and Panama shouldn't be a problem for US in such a scenario.

but these are things you develop as you practice playing the game.

the majority of american athletes are not in professional sports solely because they practiced their whole life... they won the genetic lottery

again, jogging is not "action". if it was, marathon running would be televised more than just the boston marathon

The poor kids in America grow up playing Basketball,Football and Baseball

No, honestly, you can coach it but sometimes it's just something that you have or you don't.

>the majority of american athletes are not in professional sports solely because they practiced their whole life... they won the genetic lottery

Yes, and what I'm saying is that this is irrelevant in football. Americans probably think Akinfenwa is a very "athletic" player, but he's not very good. The best player in the world is a 5'6 skinny manlet

Literally all the "potentially fantastic poor kids" are playing football/basketball/baseball. Nobody fucking cares about soccer in the US. It's seen by most people here as a sport that toddlers play. Older kids that play soccer are mostly unatheltic scrubs and nerds who couldn't make it in the sports we actually care about.

eyes/feet coordination MUST be mastered before the age of 13 years old (brain is more plastic and learn more easily this unnatural behaviour)
Your "athletic freaks" choose their sport in high school.
Sure, you would have the most athletic team ever, but also the team with the worst ball control ever.

And again, by your logic handegg is 11 minutes of action, so how is that any better. If you discount all the "jogging" as you put it (yeah, let's not look at it any further, they're literally just jogging around the pitch, not trying to create openings, spread play, defend, counter etc.) then football still has more "action" than handegg

I thought Ronaldo was like 6’2”

Let's look at the sports you care about and what is required

>basketball
Giant nigger
>football
Giant nigger
>baseball
Roided spic

Where are the whites you fatso?

Yeah he is, but I said best player in the world

why do yuros always bring out the nobody plays argument when we dominate basketball and then fail to understand it when we flop in soccer?

Yes, that's what we're talking about

>jogging for 85 minutes
fucking kek. I play Sunday League and spend half the game sprinting down the wing like a deranged greyhound (usually not even in order to touch the ball, but to drag opposition players away and create space for my teammates, because football involves thinking and running at the same time) and that's at the most amateur level. I've played and trained a few times with a semi-pro team, and they're another level of fitness and nonstop running. Can't even begin to imagine what the pro leagues are like. But yeah, no, it's all just jogging. Sensible chuckle

>hockey
Drunk angry violent East Youropean

>lelgium calling other people out for having teams filled with giant niggers

Because nobody plays baseball. It would be like us bragging about our magnificent oina team. No one else gives a flying shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oină

In Portugal you pay like 10 bucks a month to play for your local club.

Ok, so now go out and run (even mildly) for 90 minutes, and come back to us to tell how it's easy

The difference is that we genuinely don't care about Basketball, it's not like there is really any interest in it in the UK. Like are there any famous British basketball players at all?

You can't compare it to the USA and football. Americans genuinely do care about football as much you guys deny it. It might not be the majority, or even a very big number, but even if 1% of your country cared about football, that's still 3 million people. 70,000 people go to sub par MLS games in the USA. Millions of Americans watch soccer on TV. The USA has genuinely quality players like Pulisic who play for top European sides. It's just not the same at all.

My point is, just because football isn't popular to you, or your friends, or isn't comparable to the top sports, doesn't mean you don't care about it all. There's lots of sports we really don't care about but we're still pretty good at.

This argument would make sense if we were talking about cricket or something, but we're not.

Also this, try playing a shit tier, 5 a side game for 30 minutes and tell me you're not tired. It's a lot greater toll on the body moving constantly than standing around and sprinting every now and then

The problem with US formation is they prefer to bank on mediocre but rich kids, rather than on cracks who are poor and can't afford a license.
Here a crack is insta-signed by any big club, Real Madrid CF has hundreds of those kids

Wrong.

The problem is, our culture isn't at the point where parents want to sacrifice childhood for soccer. I don't disagree with that though. To be great in soccer means giving up any semblance of a normal childhood.

Although I suspect a childhood in an academy is better than in a childhood in a favela or banlieue. America just needs to become more third world and we'll be fine.

>Gypsy reading comprehension

No one else really cares about basketball either, except a few countries in the Balkans, Lithuania and da Jooz

I don't think all your blacks are 210 cm tall and NBA material, the small ones should understand that they can take advantage of becoming football stars, here we pay them extra $, the sport is less demanding than your football and less likely to make them vegetables

we arent going to murder players if they come back losers

Poor Escobar. It was the game against you, too

maybe you should

How does youth sports even work in America? It seems like it's all through schools then universities then drafted. Is it the same in football?

Seems like that might be the reason.

I once saw an ESPN commenter post that Jordan and Lebron would be the world's best soccer players if they never played basketball. As if Lebron isn't only good because he's a genetic freak with a body perfectly suited for basketball.

All US has to do is to actually care about World Cup. On the National level. Like, your average Joe needs to feel like its important. Since they dont, they are bad.

see: Olympics

It's a terrible system for developing players. Basketball players go into the NBA completely unprepared, same for NFL players.

And nobody cares about soccer here. What's your point?

Japan is in, and they can live as kids until the dea- I mean marriage

But we shouldn't be this bad. People are acting like soccer is T&T's top sport is soccer when it's not. We only won 3 games in the hex ffs. It's an embarrassment.

Read:

Stop perpetuating the lie that "no one in America cares about football".

pro level requires crazy fitness in any sport, but football is not a very physically demanding sport in general. I play i 6th division football here doing ""okay""; tried joining a couple of handball session with the local team for fun and was completely crushed after 10 minutes of play. Completely different level of intensity.

I think it sort of makes sense when it's in sports only America cares about, but for global sports like football it feels like the USA is just miles behind.