I love death grips but i don’t give a single shit about stefans lyrics. fans make such a huge deal about them...

i love death grips but i don’t give a single shit about stefans lyrics. fans make such a huge deal about them, but it just sounds like word salad to me 99% of the time. i’d like to be proven wrong though.

Attached: 45C01EDD-449F-452D-8CB9-29357F8F3BE5.jpg (511x768, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

genius.com/Death-grips-say-hey-kid-lyrics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

word salad is still really cool though

Stefan adds that aggressive and crazy touch to their sound.

Most of the songs on NLDW are pretty straightforward lyrically. Hell, even Guillotine, one of their most simplistic, is still killer lyrically. Try reading along with the lyrics and go from there.

>"I love death grips"
>doesn't understand stefans lyrics

they are more fragments of ideas and themes that point to a bigger picture. I feel like you have to be slightly autistic to make the connections though

I feel like Stefan has a concept of what he wants to speak about on each song, but also at the same time just tries to find the best sounding words or phrases for certain parts. He probably finds the way he wants his voice to sound over a track first, then finds the words to fill the place. It doesn't necessarily have to make sense phrase to phrase, as long as it fits the certain theme and goes with the track well.

It helps to have schizophrenia. His lyrics make the most sense than anything else I've read or heard.

We are now at our best and so Death Grips is over.
We have officially stopped.
All currently scheduled live dates are canceled.
Our upcoming double album "the powers that b" will still be delivered worldwide later this year via Harvest/Third Worlds Records.
Death Grips was and always has been a conceptual art exhibition anchored by sound and vision.
Above and beyond a "band".
To our truest fans, please stay legend.

i feel like you need some kinda broken brain in order to understand his lyricism
i only really "get" his lyrics when i'm experiencing mania

Forks don't belong in drinks

what are your favorite lyrics?

After learning more about Philosophy in an attempt to be at peace with my manic depression and schizophrenic tell, I've started to relate and understand more of the lyrics. This started after I heard ON GP and feeling as if it was a song I could've wrote during my lowest point but throwing away after feeling like I could still live for something. /blog

Most of his lyrics feel like they take pride in being nasty, blunt, or abrasive in general. The band must be a form of cathartic release to him, it sounds like a great way to get things out of your system or to perpetuate them.

death grips are shit

look at that fucking forehead and tell me it's just word salad. stefan is quietly fucking intelligent. he's just plagued by mental illness.

exactly. a lot of these extreme situations he raps about are metaphoric for things anyone in a dark place can relate to. for example, a song like come up and get me, a song about knowing all odds are against you but deciding to embrace your fate and going out in a blaze of glory

can someone give an example of a set of his lyrics and explain how they make sense from a schizophrenic/manic perspective?

give us some examples

first one that comes to my mind is pretty much the entirety of “Say Hey Kid”

Can't tell hell in my head
Thirteenth bell am I dead
Or in asylum pill force fed
Lyin' to myself all by myself
Strapped down to my bed
Tongue cut out the mouth of reason
And chucked off the rivers edge
Think fast is it tear gas or fear masked
By figments of my fragmented mind
Who's my enemy them or me
Step to me and you'll die
Grand delusions magnified
Fuck the truth wastes my time
It's all good bet what's that
Footsteps on the stairs
Never could rest they're always there
Who are they? I don't care
I just know they're tryin' to X me
Give a fuck, come up and get me

yeah this is pretty good lyricism idk what OP is on about

at the risk of being cringey
rapgenius actually has interesting interpretations of it.
genius.com/Death-grips-say-hey-kid-lyrics

for me the song is making fun of social norms within society. people using consumerism, materialism as an escape and finding happiness in ignorance. The Bus line i interpret as ride poking fun at people who convince themselves that theyre contributing to society oblivious to their exploitation or at least pretending its not happening. I always thought that "don't it feel good to sell a tent?" line was don't it feel good to sell a ten. As in Drugs with the following line being "people like to tell your scent", as in people like pointing out that you smell like weed. Making fun of drug dealers who despite thinking theyre above the law are living just as pointless lives as people they look down on (people in minimum wage jobs). I don't usually like making things about race but i feel like rides talking about black people and black american culture (referenced in the album title) with lines like "support gravity, my people would" kind of implying that his people support the system that oppresses them, consumerism, materialism, a false sense of fulfillment whether it be, in selling drugs or in public service as a bus driver.

"it's a party
Come early if ya lonely
Say hey kid say hey don't you OD
Come and play dead"

i think this is a reference to the death grips cause. If you feel disenfranchised by all the bullshit come and join the cause. "Say hey kid" for me is ride telling people to acknowledge that theyre being watched by the powers that be, telling people to realize and acknowledge that theyre in some twisted tru man show. "Don't you OD, come and play dead" is ride telling whoever is feeling fucked by the system not to let up, but to play dead. Don't OD like youre meant to, play dead as in to be aware of the situation and try to make it out alive

I don't think DG tries to be deep in any way, and the lyrics seem like it's mostly Stefan's experience in life or whatever. They go great with their music, and I find them quite amusing and fun to sing along to.

MY SHIT'S BEEN RETARDED SINCE BEGINNING OF TIME

I GOT THE NASTY IN MY TAXI
YOU NEED A LIFT?
YOU CAN SIT BETWEEN THE BACKSEAT AND MY DICK

What phone is that

These. To truly understand Death Grips lyrics you need to be a little... fucked up...

Attached: joker.jpg (757x505, 130K)

What did he mean by this?

That's twisted man :/

ONE, NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

the lyrics to black quarterback read like they were written during manic thought loops, it sounds like he would mentally drive around these loops as they were happening, distilling each one into a phrase or set of phrases that accurately portrayed what he was thinking
I really wish I had more music with manic/schizo lyricism but I'm generally not a big fan of vocals and havent actively looked for it. I feel like a fuckin nerd for only knowing dg lol, anyone know of other artists with insane lyrics?

>dg lyrics are too hard to follow

Attached: 1494427758742.jpg (369x369, 67K)