Apparently popcorn is soon going to be banned because it's production has been shown to be damaging to the environment...

Apparently popcorn is soon going to be banned because it's production has been shown to be damaging to the environment. Is this the final nail in cinema's coffin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qA1XfVDXoMc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just the beginning

I've heard that people pissing and shitting in the theatre showers is having a bad effect on the environment, if they close the showers nobody will go any more
Who would want to sit in a room of smelly unwashed people?

Hmm i guess these would be more fun to throw at the guys that lose in the theater fighting pits.

Implying shit that's damaging but makes a lot of money is going to get banned

source, jackfucker

Now that would be a fun showdown.

Environmentalists vs. Hollywood.

California would collapse.

i heard cigarettes are bad for the atmosphere

ban when>?

my local theater has had their singles only section quarantined after a group of 8 hispanics from the couples/family section exacted Montezuma's Revenge all over what they thought was a "luxury cinema family bathroom.

I pay $2700 a month to watch flicks at my local drive-in theater which is supposed to be closed during the winter.

How the fuck did eating packing material while watching a movie become popular anyway?

Everyone knows that bacon crisps and red licorice is the true patrician kino snacks anyways.

Here's a good video explaining it:
youtube.com/watch?v=qA1XfVDXoMc

THIS

BACON CRISPS

NICE AND HOT

Leaving the cinema with gums feeling like they've been wrestling with sandpaper. Well worth it every time.

tl;dw
>Charles Cretor invented the popcorn machine in 1893
>Popcorn was an affordable luxury during the Great Depression
>during this time, popcorn vendors outside of theaters raked in more revenue than the actual theaters themselves
>eventually, small theaters selling popcorn raked in more than the large fancy theaters that didn't
>popcorn became more popular during WWII when chocolate and candy were scarce
>now concessions make up half of a movie theater's profit
>thus, popcorn became a movie theater staple

>the snack that saved the movies

>that one katana-wielding fedoralord that is actually pretty decent and somehow wins
I usually give him some of my food since the normalscum tend to make him miserable even though he won

>popcorn became more popular during WWII when chocolate and candy were scarce

thats pretty interesting user. I never would have thought of that

>buying concessions

How stupid can one person be?

>not buying the largest popcorn and soda on offer to impress the ladies

>Regal offers free unlimited refills for large soda and popcorn

I just dump it all down the toilet a few dozen times until they've lost profit to stick it to them

I never thought of that. I usually just piss on the toilet seats.

>refills

I don't understand theaters that do this. When are you going to get a refill? In the middle of the movie? Do you expect to watch multiple movies in one visit and refill between each one? I guess you could get a refill on the way out to eat at home, but I can't imagine a situation where you'd need more than one refill, and even that one refill on the way out seems unnecessary.

What I get even less is the consumers who fall for it thinking it's a great feature, not realizing the theater is charging more than normal because of the possibility of refills and that they're probably not even going to take advantage of it in the first place.

As for your idea of making the theater lose money on the sale, you'd need to dump the popcorn so many times. Each bag of popcorn sold costs less than 50 cents between the popcorn, container, and even the electricity it took to pop it. If they sell it to you for $10, that gives them $9.50 of profit assuming a full 50 cents per bag. So at those rates you'd have to dump and refill it 20 times to make the theater lose 50 cents on their sale to you. Popcorn is cheap as shit and the theaters make hundreds of percent profit on every bag. It's a fucking scam when you can buy popcorn from a store at a fraction of the price.

all seats are toilet seats at the local cineplex

I always shit in the cine shower

Usually I try to shit on ththe knobs so the next guy has to put his hands on my excre

Can some one give me a rundown

same, I keep wondering about this myself