Why do the states have so many garbage flags?

Why do the states have so many garbage flags?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/OR4OFyv.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> a fucking COW

It's an afterthought.
Many cities have flags, and some of them are quite good. Here is glorious Chicago

I would get it to fly outside my home but I technically live in the county adjacent to it, which is mildly inappropriate

also how do foreigners feel about Maryland? Especially Brits

Ohio literally has the best flag

These flags are nice and recognizable. then there are clusterfucks like this. We get it Iowa.

Colorado Springs has a pretty dope flag for a city

much better than mine, which is why I fall back on "muh chicago"

Ohio's is great, just like Tennessee

I just don't know.

*blocks your path*

British flags are like if you jerked off a Danish man and then finished off on a French man, then used their combined cum to make flags

>Insult about flags from a leaf
Lmao okay buddy

Paradise, California

looks like a ketchup brand

put the star in white and it's perfection

>Essex
الله أكبر, صلى الله عليه وسلم

Rank the Anglo coats of arms

welp

Canada > UK > USA > Aus > NZ

I'm sorry NZ but yours is even worse than ours.

Those are Saxon seaxes but heraldic form.

Looks like a bleached Mexican flag

Certainly, but it's Saudi-tier to put swords horizontally across a flag. I feel like most European heraldry/flags have them at an angle, usually 45 degrees or held by a man/animal

May as well be at this point. The only reason I voted for a retard like Trump was to deport illegal Mexicans, especially out of my state.

Meanwhile Hillary tweeted in Spanish and won my state over handily. There's no hope m80.

Australia putting a fucking roo on there. Love it.

The flag is ancient m8 what do you want.

They've also got an emu on there, an animal they lost a war to.

revenge against france

Canada dominates, the UK is OK, and the rest are trash

he was a viking

Praise the sun.

yorkist is god tier

River Gee country, Liberia. Worst flag ever.

i.imgur.com/OR4OFyv.png

THE KING IN THE NORTH

not one but TWO cuckstamps

For Canada the rank from best to worst is:
1.) Québec
2.) Nova Scotia
3.) New Brunswick
4.) Newfoundland
5.) Ontario
6.) Prince Edward Island
7.) Manitoba
8.) Alberta
9.) British Columbia
10.) Northwest Territories
11.) Yukon
12.) Saskethewan
13.) Nunavut

New Brunswick / Prince Edward island -> #12 / # 13

Best flag here.

No account for taste

It's not bad, but not unique enough to be near the top and personally I prefer the leafs to that bison.

>normans
>vikings
Pick one Jean Phillipe

Reminder that Sir Alexander Mackenzie >>>>>> Meriweather Lewis/William Clark

If you have the extraflags extension, you can see people's state and other regional flags like you see their countries'. It's pretty cool
>

another pic

our's is fucking trash too
I like Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Tennessee, Hawaii, Mississippi, and Maryland's. The rest should be replaced and I have no idea why there hasn't been significant movements to do so.

>That aspect ratio on the New Brunswick lion

I have a strange feeling I know that flag

the best state flag. a shame californians are a bunch of faggots and cucks.

it would be great if it didn't have writing on it. Writing on flags is pretty much a universally acknowledged vexillological no-no and yet almost every single state flag does it.

because its an artificial country with no real culture apart from the "going to mcds erryday for erry meal" tradition.

>If we combine these flags, maybe we won't get annexed.

The asymmetry bothers me.

Best flag is NM. Honorable mentions go to DC, OH, AZ, and the underrated AK.

AU > CN > UK > US > NZ

Nothing beats the Emu-Roo combo.

>Ohio
t. Ohioan
it looks like fucking shit

Did /pol design New Zealand's?

NYC isn't terrible, it's more respectful to Dutch history than the current Dutch flag.

The worst state/city flag for places I've lived in, is by far New Jersey with it's pale yellow background.

>The worst state/city flag for places I've lived in, is by far New Jersey with it's pale yellow background
Seriously look at this shit. It's like someone pissed on it and they tried to clean it but gave up. Plus there is a severed horse head.

Why is Mississippi's state flag so perfect?

So I heard you like flags, so I'm going to take the flag of Schleswig-Holstein and throw a loser's flag in the corner.

Georgia pulled a troll move when they made this their state flag in 2003, after talking about getting rid of the Confederate flag.

>our's is fucking trash too
Are you fucking high?
Virginia has a bad ass flag

Georgia's flag always make me think of what would happen if Texas and the Bank of America's flag had a baby

It looks good on California's flag, though.

no it doesn't

it's literal autism

The real autism is throwing a fit about text on a flag because it doesn't follow a set of retarded rules when it doesn't ruin the overall aesthetic of it in the first place.

The same level of care does not go into them. Also there's lots more of them so there are more opportunities to screw up or for some lazy designer to rehash a design again (small inscrutable seal on a blue field much?). This logic also extends to city flags (PROVO!!!)

There are still some good ones though, esp. New Mexico and Alaska. I also like Maryland (simple geometry, unconventional, instantly recognizable, no words or seal bullshit whatsoever) but it's a meme to hate only because it's too "busy" or something. No, if you're going to hate a state flag, hate Minnesota's or Wisconsin's, not Maryland's. Maryland gets an E for effort.

This user (the OP?) is correct that Quebec has the best provincial flag. I've never been crazy about the rest but they likewise suggest their Anglo/Scotch/French/Eskimo rocks (muh) Heritage.

Newfoundland's flag would be HUGELY improved if they cut out voids from the blank white sectors on the fly, so that it flies just like an olde-tyme Medieval flag.

Just be thankful you don't live in Liberia. For more reasons than one.