Fuck all of you

why is every fucking dipshit on this board so pretentious jesus christ its like you all think your god damned genius but hardly any of you have good taste in music to begin with

Attached: absolutely-disgusting-1.jpg (750x750, 96K)

The fact that this board isn't pretentious anymore is why it got so shit

i just vomited on the desk and ate it, because i didn't want to skip breakfast

you sound like a pleb

lmao dont take anything anyone on here says seriously my guy. everyone on this board listens to the essentials then stops. /classical/ is the only good remaining thing

Says the weeb

fuckin truth. never thought I would long for the days of tripfags and gorespam and sharethreads full of witch-house but at least a lot of us knew our shit

even compared to 2015 and 2016 this board has fallen pretty hard desu

>but at least a lot of us knew our shit
Nah you don't and never did

>pretentious
>the same board that has people that praise chvrches, kpop, Taylor swift, and Carly Rae Jepsen

I used to feel like people here listened to music but these days, I'm not so sure

The pretension used to push people to actually try out things they otherwise would have never listened to, now this is just another safe space

OP here good points all round

Tbf Carly is good music

Sup Forums died in 2007, and in 2014.

Newfags killed Sup Forums.

Ironically 07 I started using Sup Forums and stopped cause it was autistic.
14 I came back because I was too autistic and needed a place to sperg.

You know what? I'm just going to be honest. I'm pretentious as fuck, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. There is nothing wrong with diving deeper into art than other people, and recognizing that you are better than the plebs who blindly consume top 40 garbage. I'm not ashamed of appreciating art on a deeper level. There is nothing wrong with listening to incredibly obscure artists and ignoring formulaic pop music. This board could use more pretentious people. This board could use more gatekeeping. This board could use more elitism. Maybe then we wouldn't have a million rap threads, and people who think fucking Radiohead and MGMT are obscure. Maybe if this board had more pretentious posters, we would have some actually interesting musical discussions, and people would find new artists and develop a better understanding of music as a whole, instead of being an echo-chamber that circlejerks the same ~50 albums every day. I come here to discuss music with people that I can't discuss in person, and to find new artists. If I wanted to talk about mainstream shit like Kendrick Lamar, I would just go to a college campus and strike up a conversation with the first person I see. This post will obviously piss people off and garner several negative replies from plebs. The majority of replies will be negative. That's to be expected. Plebs are, by definition, the majority. Those who are serious about music will know that I'm right. We need more pretentious elitism.

(You)

Nobody old enough to understand the meaning of the word pretentious is also a problem here, just this idiotic post-internet reinvention of its meaning

Have I argued with you before?

>post-internet reinvention of its meaning
that sounds pretentious right there.
I'd say I definitely came across some pretentious individuals on this board. Basically the tripfags. They respond to people trying to sound like they just graduated Harvard college.But how smart they look when they type out responses so elligently, is about the only thing they have going for them in an argument. Usually they ridicule other's posting errors so they look like they won an argument, however it does not make their stance correct or what is the truth. I feel some of these college esque kids try hard to intellectualize and formulate responses, however the honesty and awareness, as well as empathy is lacking.

I don't think the plebs you wish to upset could even read a post that long

I don't think it's actually possible for this site to return to the gatekeeping and pretension it had in the past because it's overrun by normies who immediately dismiss all that in various ways and don't understand it serves a very important purpose of keeping this from being just another shithole with nothing new to offer

>elligently
Kill yourself

Didn't correct it so what

TFW You fell for the bait

It's truth.

go fuck yourself.
and kill yourself as well

its pasta you idiot. the fact that you took that stupid shitpost seriously should indicate to you how pretentious rather than intellectual you actually are

you're right

protip: is the post reddit and/or sarcastic at all? Then it's pretentious

Jesus christ, if you want your super obsecure band to be discussed just make a thread about it or post it in a thread which discusses finds.

But I doubt you'll do that, you'll just keep on bitching. Acting as if Sup Forums was ever focused entirely on avant-garde music, when in-fact Sup Forumscore is full of Poppy and acessible albums, which which has aged to the point it'd be considered entry level and contrarians would call it pleb today.

This, in 2008 and 2015/16 it was too far gone

>pasta can't be relevant to start discussion
Are you just retarded or something? You are the one who pretentiously dismisses it as a stupid shitpost (doing exactly what was stated in the post you are replying to).

this guys ass status: blasted

Were you just told your favorite band sucks and then soyboy? Get fucked.

Fair enough, I concede that I was lured into the trap of this thread, I don't have the patience to adopt a trip and give you the response you want.

>and then soyboy