Has it happened to you?

Has it happened to you?

It happens to literally everyone over 25

Im at 23 and it has already happened :/

I'm 20 and it has happened to me years ago.

fuck yeah. i don't even have a smartphone.

I thought I was finally losing it when I thought Vines were fucking retarded, but then that site died, so now I feel vindicated.

No, because I was never "with it"

I'm 14 and it happened to me last Tuesday. It was a real kick in the pants.

No, I enjoy modern music, kino and video games.

If your 20 it can't happen to you yet.
And if you think you born in a wrong generation you're just an autist.

Uh oh

I'm 22 and it happened to me

I have no idea how instagram or snapchat work. Im not with "it" anymore...

vine hasnt be a thing since 2013

>only like Death Grips, old episodes of The Simpsons, and Twin Peaks

i guess so

People have been gobbling up capeshit for years and now blatant hollywood circlejerks like Re Re Ddit. Yes, it happened to me.

probably when i saw people my age getting excited over twitter and vine and me not having a clue what they were or knowing why i should care.

Nobody does, those are for women.

I was never with it

What is "it"?

Are those actually the only things you like, son?

*And the desperate men who worship said women in hopes of getting some

I was with it for a brief period in the mid 00's, then all my friends who were previously with it with me moved on, and I decided I wasn't going to be constantly reinventing myself just to stay with it.

Yeah, I'm 27 and I'm bolding.
Goddamnit.

If you're on Sup Forums you've never been cool.

Oh hell yeah, except it sucks because I'm 23 and out of touch with my own generation. Fucking technology man.

Popular culture.

It happened to me, but only with music.

Better than being timid.

It's not your generation you're out of touch with, it's reality itself

pretty much. i got depressed and watched 340+ movies in 2015 so i feel like i've seen about everything i could like in cinema.

i watch an episode of The Simpsons every meal i eat at home. i keep getting new friends to watch TP and just rewatch the whole thing with them. i guess i still like some vaporwave and indie music tooo.

Feels actually pretty good to be out of touch. I wish I could get off the internet.

Same here. I can still talk with people about TV and movies. But I just get blank stares when I try to talk about the music I listen to, and books I read.

fpbp

>If your [sic] 20 it can't happen to you yet.
Says who?

I was with it in early 10's, then I got tired of it and became a hermit. Last time I bought new clothes was in early 10's when I was still with it

If you're not with it when you're 20, there's no it for you to grow out of. You never got it in the first place

Won't be seein' him no more.

Perhaps so.

Yes. I don't play video games anymore

I guess it happened to me at some point during the start of the Marvel craze, but I feel like now I'm enjoying films more than ever.

I've never been interested in music movements though, and I feel like I'm growing out of videogames so I don't feel like out of place about, I just don't care.

Many times.

First happened when I was 11 and suddenly nobody wanted to talk about Pokemon anymore

I can't really appreciate most of the music being released today, but not because i find it weird or too much different from what I usually like.
It's because I find it boring and derivative.

It happened to me when jogger pants and drop-crotch pants became a thing and I started asking why people would wear shit that makes them look like faggots.

Yeah but I'm 28 so it should have.

>90% of new movies look dull to me
>excited for maybe 1 video game a year, if i'm lucky
>still can't connect with these people who are attached to social media 24/7
>Listening to the same music i did 10 years ago
>wondering if i still even have the ability to be genuinely excited about something anymore
>got my first few grey hairs

Yea, it happened.

Yes especially with music. But I have few friends who are in their early 20s and even they loathe a lot of the new hip America.

I havent been able to distinguish american pop singers from each other for the past twelve years or so. The all get auto-tuned so much they sound the same to me. The melodies are also almost the same.

This. I tried to give nowadays music a chance but it all sounds exactly the same. Especially rap.

>It's because I find it boring and derivative
Nailed it: once you realize that popular culture is boring and derivative *(and it always has been), you are no longer 'with it'.
Ironic, since being 'with it' is construed as being the opposite of boring and derivative.......

I was never with "it", I was always an outsider and content with my status but I feel really lost looking at the generation below me with how obsessed they are with watching people play video games rather than play it themselves.

This is how I often feel as a teacher

Mostly yes.
But then again, sometimes i come across something that makes me feel young and giddy again.

Kingsman was such a thing, or the music video to Call on Me.

>mfw approaching 30

I'm a midlife crisis waiting to happen, I can feel it

Not only pop(ular) music, but also independent/underground/alternative/experimental (quotes around all those terms) music. It feels like there's nothing really new left to do.

Just because you're jaded and unable to discover stuff even with the help of the damn internet doesn't mean that "music" or "cinema" are shit, those sort of claims belong and stay on youtube comments.

It happend to me when Highschool musical was popular.

I can't even connect with popular youtubers. Like i still don't get the appeal of pewdiepie.

It happened when I realised all kids do nowadays is watch youtube vloggers and other people play vidya on twitch

Better than watching shit on TV, I'd argue.

It happened to me 4 years ago.
I'm 23.

I think that might be it, user: nothing new under the sun. So they recycle and rehash and dive for the lowest common denominator to maximize profits. Pop culture is a money-sucking machine that preys on the innocent and the ignorant.