What are some sporting conspiracy theories?

What are some sporting conspiracy theories?

Other urls found in this thread:

boatos.org/esporte/historia-falsa-brasil-vendeu-copa-mundo-de-1998-para-franca.html
uolesporte.blogosfera.uol.com.br/2014/07/10/lembra-da-conspiracao-de-1998-versao-de-carta-de-2014-ja-esta-no-ar/
youtube.com/watch?v=Jyuw4h-zLZc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_58
youtube.com/watch?v=oLu_bwehWY0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Aints win the SuperB owl because Katrina

that it's all rigged by jewey satanic illuminati elites with gematria involved

Mj "retired" to pay his debnts

US was purposely cheated out of the WC

FIFA awarded the 1990 WC to Germany because of the Berlin wall fall, to generate union between the German people

If you rewatch the final you'll see we got blatantly refballed

Michael Jordan's father was killed because Jordan didn't pay off his gambling debts

Captcha: Subway comercial

MJ’s dad was killed by Charles Barkley because Jordan had just beaten him in the finals and completed the first 3-peat

>tf
>tp

You didn't got a single shot on Goal that final

Peru will win 2018 WC to jump start white nationalist movement in the country and eventually sweep through South America

fifa allowed the Panama goal to punish the US for probing their corrupt organization

the ref declared all the argentine shots null

he refballed them all

0-0 and winning on penalties is the thinking man's result

Brazil threw the World Cup final in 1998 on the promise that they'd win it in 2002.

Also South Korea were handed a semifinal place in 2002. But that's very well known.

I remember a pasta some dudes started in Brazil that said we sold the 1998 WC to France in exchange for every player getting money from Nike, but Ronaldo didn't want to play so Edmundo started
Now every world cup there's a new version, in 2014 it was David Luiz who refused to throw the match

That Argentina is white

USA deliberately missed the World Cup in Russia because there's a major happening programmed (nukes)

Sonny Liston threw his fight against Ali. This one's probably true tbqh.

That blackout during that one Super Bowl was deliberate.

Bobby Riggs deliberately lost the "Battles of the Sexes" match against Billy Jean King because he had money on her to win.

Nobody debates this
I don't know why this isn't talked about more

I really, really like this one

>Trump administration
>nuking Russia

Pick exactly one

I remember that. What was the theory behind it being deliberate? That the other team would get the chance to regain their composure?

>in 2014 it was David Luiz who refused to throw the match
If you are talking about the 7-1 watch the goals again and try to spot David Luiz in every single one. Hint: He is not where he was supposed to be.

>white

In 2006 an Arsenal supporting chef served up poisoned lasagna to Tottenham players on the eve of the crucial last day of the season. More than half of the first team were ill and unable to play the game against West Ham, which they lost 2-1. Arse got a champions league place as a result.

Russia will win the 2018 World Cup.

Messi was "created" by Barca using HGH injections and endless, forced practice as a child

y do u have 3 homosexual flags next to your icon?

Those aren't though.

OJ Simpson was acquitted because the US government didn't want a repeat of the LA riots.

>Cuzco's flag looks better

carry on Peru.

Americans look so dumb when trying to talk about football

Watch videos of Messi playing before the treatment, he was really skilled. Football isn't like American sports where you need to be a big black guy, most of the GOATs are short and even skinny, you need techinique and IQ over athleticism and speed

It's a copypasta my man
boatos.org/esporte/historia-falsa-brasil-vendeu-copa-mundo-de-1998-para-franca.html
here's the 1998 version
uolesporte.blogosfera.uol.com.br/2014/07/10/lembra-da-conspiracao-de-1998-versao-de-carta-de-2014-ja-esta-no-ar/
this is the 2014 one

>It is widely believed in Argentina and much of south america that the game in 1966 between England and Argentina was fixed. Argentina had a very good team that year and the game was very difficult for England until Argentina's best player Rattin was given a Red card for no apparent reason. This was the last W.Cup that was not televised to the world and some people think that this had something to do with the outcome of that game.

>The quarter-finals cross refereeing (an English ref robbing Uruguay against W.Germany and a German ref favoring England against Argentina) was indeed very much commentated also in Uruguay.

>I don't like the word conspiracy, but when you have a quarter-final Argentina - England and Uruguay - W.Germany, and you put a German ref in the former and an English ref in the latter, and both South American sides happen to be robbed... well, I wouldn't say that FIFA made all it could to appear clean... I still remember that photo taken from a German newspaper with Schnellinger taking the ball from the goal-line as a goal-keeper after Rocha's header, with the game 0-0 and the Germans playing incredibly violent, and later the ref sending off two Uruguayans (the first one for protests, the second one rightly sent-off for violent play).

That wasn't really a conspiracy, it was just Germans cheating like they've done before.

In '74 they beat a Polish team in the semis that was the best team at the tournament. A Polish team that beat Italy, Argentina and Brazil at that tournament and beat England to qualify for the WC. A team that had the tournaments top scorer with 7 goals and another player who had 5.

Then they had to play in these conditions: youtube.com/watch?v=Jyuw4h-zLZc

There was a lot of rain in the days leading up and apparently the stadium crew were told not to do anything about it until the day of the match when cameras were on. The Germans knew the only way they could stop the Polish team was by not letting them play a quick free flowing game. They got lucky with the rain but they didn't do anything to clear it until it was too late.

Why would they favor South Korea?. Its not like they're rich or anything unlike Qatar.

England rigged that entire tournament.

if everybody knew what happened, they would be sickened

NHL rigged the Crosby lottery so Bettman didnt have to move a former Stanley Cup winning team

FIFA cheated the US out of the World Cup, but the US would have beaten Mexico if they hadn't had to play in the middle of Trump Country right after the election

I believe it was a FIFA decision to spread footy in Asia. It would have looked really bad if once again only European or South American teams got far, especially in a tournament held in Asia.

South Korea were the hosts. Feel free to look up the highlights of their game against Italy. They had definitely rigged it.

>1986 was gifted to Argies to compensate the Falklands
>1990 was gifted to Germany to create a unified nation
>1994 was gifted to Brasil to compenste for Senna's death
>1998 was gifted to France as host country, Brasil throw the match
>2002 Korea were gifted a semifinal appearance as host, refballing Spain and Italy out, Brazil beat Germany as compenstion for 1998, Khan made that howler on purpose
>2006 was gifted to Italy as compensation for 2002
>2010 to Spain for the same reason
>2014 to Germany still fo 2002

#woke

the gays get gayer

>On the surface, it would seem that no number of bad refereeing calls could give Uruguay reason to complain about this World Cup quarter final from 1966.

>The South Americans were thumped 4-0 by the eventual finalists, with the goals scored by Helmut Haller (2), Franz Beckenbauer and Uwe Seeler. But study this game a little closer and you will see a match filled with huge controversy.

>Uruguay had dominated the early part of the game and would have taken the lead but for a flying save from Germany defender Karl Heinz Schnellinger, who literally clawed the ball out of the top corner with his hands. Incredibly, English referee Jim Finney waved play on.

>The Germans took the lead through Haller and the game was delicately poised before Finney controversially sent off two Uruguayans in the second half. West Germany scored three times late on for a flattering scoreline.

Under that logic who is getting 2018?

Dr Fuentes used blood doping to aid Spain's top teams, as well as Rafa Nadal.

Argentina, to cement Messi as the GOAT

No fucking way I got banned for that

>Back in Argentina, it was pointed out that the referee in the England game was German, while the official in Germany’s equally controversial quarter final was English. The events surrounding the refereeing draw for these two games added further suspicions.

>The representatives of Argentina, Uruguay, Spain and the Soviet Union were invited to a London hotel for the draw. They arrived on time, but found out that the draw had already been made without them, with the only witnesses being FIFA's English president Stanley Rous, a German representative, and a couple of Africans. This dubious situation strengthened conspiracy talk, and led to Dutch referee infamously declaring that "FIFA is controlled by three people - Sir, Stanley, Rous."

Argentina for the glory!
>bet to Brasil

i say England
after Brexit they really could use some nationalistic fervor to compensate the doubts and fears that come in this time of uncertainty and bargaining

The 1958 World Cup didn't exist; it was all fake

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_58

Mexico. NO ERA.

Nobody cares about some cucks that share an island.

This is the correct answer

Belicheat baited Denver into getting McDanials because they knew shanahan was on his way out. Then when it worked they sabotaged Denver because they knew the team had an insane amount of talent.

Would English refs have really favoured Germany over Uruguay?

I think you took his post a bit too seriously lad

I can't believe they shut down Zachary K Hubbard just like that mahnnn

The Dodgers lose in the playoffs evry year due to umpball.

Nearly every sport on the professional level is fixed in some way or another. The soul of any game is entirely dead, but we keep watching because FIFA and NFL are the modern day gladiator arenas.

Black NFL offensive line players from the Oakland Raiders basically let their white quarterback get smeared because he wouldn't kneel with them

France for compensating the compensation of Italy 2006

thats because he is david luiz though.

you dont need a genius IQ to play football well. David Beckham proves this.

not that user, but that reason you said is one; another is a certain government organization ordered a hit on someone attending the game. The blackout was more than enough time to execute the capture and extract the target to a location to extract information before killing the person

>inb4 I get v&

Wow stay safe user.

I think Kings vs Lakers being rigged is probably the most obvious sports conspiracy

exactly. foreigners would not understand, that favouring the hun, would be unthinkable.

Another one with MJ that's funny to me is that he wasn't really sick during the Flu Game.

Boston was gifted the World Series because of the Boston Marathon bombing

Iran to show that the 2022 World Cup belongs in the Middle East

1978 WC was bought by the Junta Militar of Argentina.
This one isn't even a conspiracy, it was clear as the day

Brazil again to prove the compensation memes wrong.

it's not a secret that he was actually hungover

I refuse to believe football games can be rigged.
Maybe it can be in single player sports but you have to get all those players to agree and hope no one spills the beans.

Wasn't there a soccer game between two teams and a game that had an impact on the qualifying of the teams ended at halftime and then the teams kinda lazily played to keep a draw so they'd both move on? And that led to all matches for that competition having to start at the same time? Maybe that wasn't a conspiracy theory since it's obvious

Pele was there. Are you calling Pele a liar?

argentina should have used the same water bottles they used against brazil during the final. the lucky bottles if you know what I mean

There was a fantastic copypasta during the early days of Sup Forums about LeBron James being a lab grown prototype for super soldiers created by the U.S. government. The full pasta filled up like 3 or 4 full posts worth of text. I haven't seen it in years though.

Austria vs Germany in the 1982 WC. Algeria had already played, so the last game in their group was the aforementioned. Iirc Germany scored early on and this put Algeria in 3rd with Austria and Germany in 1st and 2nd... so they just passed the ball around until FT. Algerians were upset about it understandably. Now all final group fixtures are played simultaneously, also a win is 3 points instead of 2.

>New England PATRIOTS win their first Super Bowl the same year as 9/11

>Rocky Marciano fought his brother in sanctioned bouts more than once

Yeah that's the one, thanks

It would actually be a compensation for
>7-1

video that discusses the theory.
youtube.com/watch?v=oLu_bwehWY0

This

Almost all relevant NBA games are rigged because money.
As told by that coked up ref that was expelled for betting in his own matches.
I'm kinda want to believe in because some fouls given in the playoffs are really shady.

Black Sox scandal in the early 1900s

R A R E
A
R
E

that the united states has a mens soccer team

This seems the most obvious one
I say this as a giants fan that entire series with detroit just seemed so sketchy especially the slam given up

Edmonton Oilers rigging the NHL draft lottery to make up for losing Crosby

>ctrl+F
>"Knicks"
>no matches found
>ctrl+F
>"1985 Draft"
>no matches found

I thought for sure that would be brought up

Len Bias was murdering for being too good

>Rocky Marciano fought his brother in sanctioned bouts more than once
But he still beat joe louis

because he shit tho

I remember staying up and watching that. It prominently featured a certain German car manufactured as sponsor, think the whole arena was named after them, but certainly the logo was everywhere. During the blackout, cameras were rolling just fine and constantly picked up the sponsor logo.

I assumed it was a corporate hit, subliminally associating the rival corporation with failure.

David Stern made Jordan retire those 2 years because of his heavy gambling addiction which got his father killed. That's also why his father got killed because Jordan owed money to powerful people.