Mfw shit countries that heavily depend on the EU like Finland or the Netherlands want to leave

>mfw shit countries that heavily depend on the EU like Finland or the Netherlands want to leave

what the actual fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

historyplace.com/worldwar2/riseofhitler/begins.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm clueless to all of this, and got some questions. Why shouldn't Finland or Netherlands want to leave the EU?

Because their economy depends on it.

>countries that heavily depend on the EU like Finland or the Netherlands
2/10, made me respond

Is it because their countries lack the resources to export and bring in a profit?. Or is it because their population is so small they just don't have enough people to get stuff done?

BS, we are big on export, look at Rotterdam
>Biggest harbour in all of Europe

If anything Europe needs us.

Small countries with no export benefit from the EU system, while large countries with export (say, UK or Germany) still have market even if they leave.

I know it's mostly demagogues and people politically ignorant who demand an "-exit", but I'm still baffled at how many people want something that would actually damage them in the long run.

You're a pier and nothing more. If you're out you'll have major problems importing goods from your European partners.

>If you're out you'll have major problems importing goods from your European partners.
>the EU somehow has a monopoly on trade agreements
shiggy diggy

This user says Netherlands can do just fin without EU. I'm not sure who to believe but let me ask this...

If the Netherlands would be in trouble by leaving the EU then that would imply they were economically drained BEFORE they joined the EU right?. Was that really the case?. How did they manage the entire time they weren't part of the EU?

Shit, I mean this guy

>If the Netherlands would be in trouble by leaving the EU then that would imply they were economically drained BEFORE they joined the EU right?. Was that really the case?. How did they manage the entire time they weren't part of the EU?

You're going to look too far back in that case, the Netherlands were founding members of the EEC.

Neither Finland nor the Netherlands would have any more or less problems than the UK if they decided to leave.
Italy on the other seems to mad that they put all their baskets in EU basket and are now trying to project their shit onto other countries

>Trading is impossible without the EU

This meme seriously needs to die. Individual countries/groups were perfectly fine trading with eachother before the EU even came into existance.

Impossible? No. Harder? Definitely.

>EEC

What's the EEC? Not the EU right?

>put all their baskets in EU basket

How did they do that?. By paying a general larger proportion of taxes and stuff because of their size? or did they choose some other way to invest in the EU infrastructure?

sage this shit thread

>Individual countries/groups were perfectly fine trading with eachother before the EU even came into existance.

Well, I'm not big on politics but wouldn't Germany be the exception?. They were the ones always starting world ward because they had financial issues right? or was it more complicated than that?

>net contributors are shit countries

Their economy depends on being a cash cow for endless gibsmedat for Eastern and Southern leeches? Nice one

First off we are one of the founding fathers of this shit project

Second we pay billions more then we get from it

Third our economy is one of the best and strongest of the world

Fourth we build the best dams and took half of our nation from the ocean

Fifth we have the 17th highest GDP in the world

Sixth we are the fifth on the HDI

Seven leave us alone !!!

>MUH IMMIGRANTS
hehe, sharing and caring only when YOU get the share, right?

>What's the EEC?
Seriously? Just google it.

>Seriously? Just google it.

Yeah, I didn't want to dig through a bunch of what looks to me like verbatim shit to get the idea of what it was. I see a long Wikipedia article that I could read. Fuck that. Wanted a short layman's explanation.

8. If you aint dutch, you aint much

we don't get a share we pay the bills to keep your country running you disgraceful twat REEEEEEEEE

>countries that heavily depend on the EU like Finland or the Netherlands
>t. Italy
Nice meme !!!! !1! Upvoted :)))))))!

Basically an organization to unite the economic policies of Western Europe during the Cold War. An EU without the political aspects of it.

Kill yourself northern leech.

There are millions of differing opinions and theories about what happens if they stay or leave.

I won't go there as I'll just be posting another unproven theory, but let me remind you this:
Every single member of the EU joined on their own will. There must be a reason why so many of them wanted so hard into it, right?
And whatever benefits they have gained so far from being in it are instantly cut off should they leave.

It's not the "EU or not" that is the problem here, it's the painfully long period of readjustment of their economy from something they were very used to (and most companies dependent upon) to something that is not only new to their economy, but also new to their entire history - a unified Europe that is their rival. They have waged wars and intervened in every single European decision so far in their entire history to prevent exactly that.

Shit, so another separate layer of some combined infrastructure that is different than the EU?. I'll try juggling just the EU for now.

Finland is not dependent on the EU. In fact, Finland is just completely irrelevant period. They pay and receive hardly anything. They're just lonely up there in their snowy world and joining the EU made them feel like they had friends.

>They are willing to take the hit because they are smart enough to lose a few dollardo's for a few months to prevent their country being taken over

WOW SUCH KEKS, HOW WILL THEY BUY THE STEAM SUMMER SALE GAMES NOW.

I wish summer was over, or that the EU internet blocking thing that would be good too.

The complication lies in your nation

Would seppuku to preserve local culture and populace.
> Money = happiness

Finland STRONG, FIXIT when?

EEC became the EU in 1992 or something. So no, not a seperate layer.

We'd happily trade with Netherlands if they want to.

We never stopped trading bro, not in 600 years

>There must be a reason why so many of them wanted so hard into it, right?

From what I read recently, the main reason for the EU creation was because European countries were tired of going to war with each other after WW2 I guess. Seems like a good reason but isn't that what NATO really is? Even though I know NATO is more of us against communists but wouldn't that take care of the military aspects of the EU?.

>The complication lies in your nation

Alright, Not too sure what that means. I'm guessing that either you're saying America's education system is retarded so that's why I don't get it or that the United States complicates things overseas?. Not sure which.

>EEC became the EU in 1992

Ok gotcha, so really the same thing but now it's known as the EU.

>Italy
>Relevant

>america
>free

you're basically a sicilian colony

>Finland dependant on EU
>Finland pays more money to the EU than it gets back

Referendum soon

you don't need a totalitarian bloc to trade with other countries OK.

European countries, duchies, counties, cities, kingdoms, etc traded with each other for a 1000 years before the EU existed

And of course Britain is stronger in Europe, how'd expect them to leave the continent?

My country depends on the EU, we are doing better than both those countries without it.

The Netherlands doesn't want to leave. It's just retarded uneducated elderly that don't understand politics and economics and a couple of billionaires that DO understand economics and politics (for their own gain).

The Great Depression in the 1930s casted Germany into an even bigger economical shithole. Last time I checked, it came from the United States. Germany's economy was tied together with the US' economy

Well, maybe economically, but wasn't the refugee crisis compromising their homeland security?

Very interesting, I had no idea of that connection.

If you got a good link on that I'd like to check it out. I'm about to read this historyplace.com/worldwar2/riseofhitler/begins.htm

>I think so much about pizza and spaghetti I got no brain left for economics and politics, the post

EU is just holding Finland back you'll see when we will rule Scandinavia

The idea that the EEC/EU is the reason for no more war is a meme. The EEC/EU is a consequence of the peace, not the cause.

Mostly it was just an idea to get trade flowing more easily. It's not the same thing in that the EEC had no political sway, that didn't really happen until the EU.

>From what I read recently, the main reason for the EU creation was because European countries were tired of going to war with each other after WW2

No, that the old "version" of the EU. The new one is fully focused on being an economic alliance and just that. The main perk of it that every economy is after is the very low cost of transportation inside it, much like in your case with your free interstate connection (and pretty much the reason why you tend to dominate exports). Think of it from the point of view of a supply chain:

>A raw material from X country has to go to Y to be manufactured into something and be sold to Z

Without the EU, there are borders that cause a huge production backlog, as trucks have to constantly sit for hours upon hours between every new border they pass. Without the EU, you will also have to pay a tariff on the stuff you import, making your entire production way too costly, and combined with the border-transfer slowdown of the entire supply chain, your production becomes HIGHLY uncompetitive, especially in a world where the US and China exist.

On the other hand, being a member of the EU eliminates all of that.

The easiest way to explain that in a tl;dr way would be to just try to imagine if every state in the US had a border and forced other states to pay import fees.

i second that

>i think so much about apfelstrudel and raping my daughter i don't have time to read the other posts

still salty for Vittorio Veneto i see

Polen what the serious fuck, pull yourself together

Nah, that explanation makes a lot of sense. The more borders you have the more bottlenecks end up existing which just makes shit worse. Kind of like the difference between taking a highway or taking a toll route.

>mfw shit countries that heavily depend on the EU like Finland or the Netherlands want to leave

Haha sure my Italian friend. Finns and dutchmen are very incapable people, unable to uphold their own countries and need massive top-down control from a far-away place to even consider that we could somehow operate normally.

Why don't we all just admit that European countries are bad and we could never exist without the EU? Right?

We're in the top 20 GDP's of the world you moron.

>Greece contributes less than Finland to the EU even if we didn't count the amount of money they reicieve
srsly pay denbts

contribution and receival are based on the country's gdp

Finland gave us spurdo, fuck off faggot

It's much easier to handle debt if you can devalue your currency without the Euro.

Wow, you must be some kind of radical freethinking intellectual to figure that one out.

You do realize that's precisely why you're so shit.

turanism tier

>Netherlands or Finland
>depended on the EU

lel no they didn't OP

come on now finland you get what i mean.everyone knew what was going on in greece but they just rolled with because it was a good way to lay a hand on some juicy land fillets.i became poorer,you became poorer and a few became rich.

Both countries have a GDP per capita about $15,000 more than the EU average. The EU need them much more than they need the EU.

op is a faggot

EU fucked us over.

We are doomed because of it

you're reading that chart backwards you illiterate wop

>netherlands
>shit
Jij bent een kanker neger, ik schijt op jouw land.

Why dont you just merge with Mexico and The rest then? Make a A union. Maybe we can just make a E union for The whole earth? That will surely give more wealth to The wealthy...

Shit every single Norwegian is a part of The worlds 1% richest. I like borders, keeps our oil safe.

GOOD. Less people means less red tape, easier re-organization of the world economy and lower likelihood of being dragged into a proxy war with Russia.

>Finland
>Netherlands
>Shit
t. Mario from Sicily

>Why dont you just merge with Mexico and The rest then?

Not sure how I implied that the entire planet should be border free. Mexico and United States cultures, laws, and economies are fundamentally different. United States would be at a loss if Mexico was to influence it's politics and lifestyle.

>less people = better chances against Russia

Good luck when we leave NATO faggot. Hope u have lotz of fun

No. Less people = less chance the powers that be try to aggress against Putin for the lelz.
>US
>Leaving NATO
Wait, why?

It makes me chuckle every time when I see how people think that "countries which heavily depend on the EU" are within the EU by the mercy of Brussels and we should all be thankful for it.

> 0 contribution
Thats the way i like it bby

give back Istria

Why is it always about the money with you fags?
There are so many things that matter more.

oh lordy, good one

>muh pride
>muh sovereignty

Most people are idiots.

I wonder what they will be saying when in few months UK will be suffering worse than during 2007 crisis.

You wouldn't know about that though would you, being German.

are you actually retarded ??? was the incest island breeding too much for your chav brain

how many muslims did your referendum deport again?

>finland
>dependent on EU
we pay in more than what we get
our economy is suffering heavily from EU cunts forbidding us free trade with russia, our single largest trading partner yet germany is allowed to give russians billions for gas and oil every fucking year

We lose more money to the EU than we got out of it you literal cretin

Also it fucks our trade with Russia and our lumber industry really hard

What about Antwerp stupid fuck.

They do

That is obviously how it works yes.....

> if we crash everything it will be as Germany says. Do you want that?

That's pretty badass now that I think about it, good job Dutchbros.

>eu is dependant on norwegen
>can't cancel our shitty deal
why

Germany got fucked over by the allies after WWI. Part of the blame for WWII is on us as part of the WWI allies.