Fantano completely exposing the fact that he knows nothing about ambient music

fantano completely exposing the fact that he knows nothing about ambient music

>doesn't know steve roach
>doesn't know the klf-chill out
>doesn't really know fennesz

youtube.com/watch?v=So5wwbXu5oQ

why does he even pretend?

Attached: fantano deep cuts.png (849x479, 608K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5zaBjnkg-Kk
youtube.com/watch?v=PlO75hNZxxg
youtube.com/watch?v=U78dL8SDExw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I thought they'd at least mention some modernist composer, but nah let's just talk about Earth 2 in such an arm-waving manner it genuinely makes me question your credentials.

>but muh tim hecker
aka the the only ambient musician fantano actually knows anything about

also i know it's a key album but at this point mentioning ambient 1 is just so obvious it almost feels not worth doing

it's a starter pack you dip

>steal deep cuts' idea for a video series
>invite him on as a special guest
>get btfo by how much more he knows than you about music
classic

exactly, the point is that they're really basic entry level records yet fantano admitted that he didn't know 3/4 of the albums oliver suggested, despite them being incredibly well known in the genre

too bad he has zero charisma though, he sounds like he should be doing watch mojo gaming top tens

>giving fantano any views
>caring about what fantano thinks

Come the fuck on

>he sounds like he should be doing watch mojo gaming top tens
more like creepy top 15s
youtube.com/watch?v=5zaBjnkg-Kk

>Doesn't know fennesz
youtube.com/watch?v=PlO75hNZxxg
Weird,i thought that he probably knew about fennesz through that sparklehorse collab since he commented on that vid

>doesn't really know fennesz
thats kinda sad. here anthony to get you started: youtube.com/watch?v=U78dL8SDExw

he said that his buddy has turned him onto a little bit of it but he's not really familiar with much of fennesz, and that he hadn't heard venice (the album discussed in the video)

>>doesn't know steve roach
uses didgeridoo because he went to australia once

just because he won a grammy doesn't mean he's good

regardless of what you think of him steve roach is very famous and significant in the world of ambient music so not having heard his records shows a level of ignorance
i dont think the rolling stones are good but i wouldnt have considered myself to know anything about rock music if i hadnt at least heard some of their albums

does anyone have any actually good youtube guides to ambient music?

just ignore his opinion on anything thats not rock music
hes shown that he doesnt care about electronic styles of music

he's not too bad on hip hop either to be fair

NUMBER 15 BURGER

yeah Anny Fanny should stick to what he knows, even Scaruffi doesn't pretend to be an omniscient music god with his dick in every corner of the medium

>fantano completely exposing the fact that he knows nothing about ambient music
he already did when he gave a 2 to Narkopop

narkopop was pretty mediocre, probably a 4 or 5 at most

fuck you. better than Königsforst

konigsforst is great
narkopop is his worst imo

>>doesn't know steve roach
>>doesn't know the klf-chill out
>>doesn't really know fennesz

can someone confirm this happens in the video? I find it extremely hard to believe

you could try watching the video

narkopop is easily his worst lol

im really not interested at all

narkopop is his worst, but it doesn't deserve a fucking light 2

Yet you still feel compelled to make this thread

fantano should get deep cuck on all the starter packs desu

there was a time when I found fantano enjoyable
I basically don't know anything about current year rap/trap, so his reviews were enjoyable. I was basically getting schooled
then he started reviewing other stuff I know about... and oh boy... this guy is a fucking memehack
and very much binary: if he considers it good, he goes into overanalizing the most stupid details
but if he considers it bad, then literally memes his way out of the review, or doesn't even bother

Attached: 120313-billy-corgan(1)(1).jpg (608x546, 128K)

His newest video about Killer Mike was so embarrassing. All of his talking points are just fucking signs or memes he saw. I'm actually surprised he didn't say something about it's a good idea to give hogwarts armed teachers.
Killer Mike is real as fuck. RTJ 1 is a great album and their discog takes a hard fucking nose dive after that.
Why even care about a music reviewer anyways? It's one of the most subjective things. If you're curious if an album might appeal to you either listen to it or don't. Useless fag.

Fantano doesn't know anything about any genres. His punk and metal reviews are ultra pathetic.

I've been saying he's an idiot for years.
why didn't you listen?

Deep Cuts is truly our guy

>educating normies about the best albums of cool genres like post-punk, post-rock, grime, modern prog, and doom metal
>exposing people to little known classics like Biosphere - Substrata and John Frusciante - Curtains
>will gladly extol the virtues of the Mars Volta, Tool, David Bowie, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers for hours at length
>semi-versed in the writings of Mark Fisher and Simon Reynolds
>producing content through talking head Youtube videos, the millennial patrician's medium. Not boring pleb shit like writing essays/articles/books with references
>loves Eno
>loves Radiohead
>despises U2

>Why even care about a music reviewer anyways?
desu i mostly follow music reviewers to hear about albums that would otherwise have passed me by

Damn, you just sold me. Gonna have to watch this then.

he's too busy paying attention to current music trends to listen to your obscure hipster bands.

Starting fantano threads should result in a permaban.

>Trusting the man that gave Narkopop a 2 on ambient.
You can only blame yourself really.

Shit opinion. His rap taste is pretty decent.

Why are you watching melon head in the first place you drone kys, what are you 16?

I mean he loves Run the Jewels so it's not really great

I second this. His videos are awesome, I sincerely hope he can make a job out of YouTube

I stopped taking Fantano seriously after giving Gas a 2

fantano is "1000 albums you need to listen to before you die": the reviewer

i really like him and he clearly knows his shit, but does anyone actually bother with his 'guide to' videos
even the artists i want to get into i'm not going to do it by watching an hour long video about them

Why the fuck do you care what he knows and doesn't know?

those are pretty much his only good videos, what else do you like from him? his monthly breakdowns? not really a fan of his actual opinions

Fennesz is underrated

endless summer is overrated though, venice and black sea are both better

Yeah I agree with that

Clearly you are

someone should rewrite the american vs english documentary copypasta for these two

This
The dude has no style, I tried watching one of his videos cause he seems like a cool guy, but he’s so mono tune and boring.

pretty much this, i cant listen to him talk more then a minute

t. racist amerifats

well he gave Narkopop a fucking 2 so obviously he doesn't know shit about ambient

anyone who has to watch "5 albums to get you into ____" is a brainlet

He's a fucking hack
Calls his channel """"""deep_cuts""""""""" and only talks about the most obvious entries in pop genres to appeal to normalfags.

ITT

Attached: You.jpg (383x348, 22K)

fuck fantano, he doesn't like Gas, obviously he doesn't know anything about ambient.

>he doesn't like babies first watered down sugary poppy and widely accesible ambient
>he doesn't know anything about ambient

Fantano kows nothing about anything, hes a hack and a fucking retard and the world will benefit from his swift death

it was like watching that video he did on experimental music again

I like him even more now. Ambient is a fucking stupid made up genre.

>He has shit taste, disliking good records in the genre and hardly knowing anything outside of them
>he doesn't know anything about ambient

thanks bud we know, this entire thread is about how hes a mindless faggot who knows nothing