This was kino as fuck (for a capeshit), probably my favorite in the MCU

This was kino as fuck (for a capeshit), probably my favorite in the MCU.

Motherfucker is OP though, how are they going to integrate someone who can control time into the Avengers films?

Also capeshit general.

It's the gem not Strange that controls time. They brought that up because of the upcoming Infinity Gauntlet movies(s).

I dunno it was good but I think a 30 minute longer version would've been great. Showing a little more spell mastery and interaction with the rest of his school.

Yeah I suppose the only argument for it being better would be more content. I didn't pay attention to the runtime, was it under 120 minutes?

Not everyone is on the Avengers.

Don't make him use time. Or make Thanos steal the Eye of Agamotto, probably punching the shit out of the doc in the progress.

>Motherfucker is OP though
Good, his best stories are ones where galaxies are being casually blown apart. Fuck the Avengers.

That's what I'm saying

It could have easily been the best capeshit movie out there if it wasn't for the forced memes & humor

>muh wifi password
>muh mister doctor

Dormammu, I'm here to show you a 5 minute party trick which will persuade you to abandon your lifelong ambition of assimilating all known realities (with Earth the prime target)

The wifi password was cringe tier
Mister Doctor gave me a good chortle, though.

It's hard to top the first Iron Man though, this definitely came close.

Why didn't The Ancient one and the sorcerers save the Earth from the Aliens in Avengers?

I thought they spent centuries playing "I kill you - I've come to bargain" cosmic games until Dormammu said "bah, fuck it then"

I'm pretty sure that was the implication, it was 5 minutes on earth but thanks to relativity it was pretty much an eternity before Dormmamu got pissed and gave in

the visuals were nice but the movie was shit and absolutely not kino you fucking capedrone

Kino for a capeshit which is like...average.
I thought the visuals alone put it in top tier. The story pacing wasn't terrible and Benedict Cumberbatch is a pretty cool guy. His accent was weird as fuck though

>Hire mads to play a one-dimensional villain
>kill him off in one movie

Marvel does it again.

>Red skull
>Abomination
>Ultron

Will they continue to throw away good villains (and actors) on crappy one-off storylines?

How would DC have handled this scene?

>I've come to die for their sins

DAORAMMA I CUM 2 BRAGIN
>Doromamu can't just torture him for ages
>There is no time in the dark dimension but everything is moving, so time does exist
>He doesn't just keep Strange alive and do nothing for thousands of years

I liked it but it's a really dumb as shit movie. If he was this amazing neurosurg he'd have his own private practice, not running around with floor attending doctors.

>Doromamu can't just torture him for ages

What good is torture on someone who isn't afraid of death or pain?

I think you misunderstood what was going on

When is this movie coming out ?

No, you don't.
If time does not exist in the dark dimension (which it clearly does) then nothing would be moving.

Since time clearly exists, he could have simply let Strange age and die of old age. Over and over. The movie never showed the loop continuing unless he died

>Introduce a multiversal threat like Doromamu
>Expect us to take giant purple space fag Thanos with his power glove seriously again

Marvel have officially stumped themselves

>Can summon magic from his fingertips, makes a magic whip, can do all sorts of magic
HUR DUR HE WALKS CUZ MAGIC IN SPINE WHY OH WHY CAN I NOT PUT MAGIC IN FINGERS TO MAKE STOP SHAKE ARGHHH

I mean seriously what the fuck.

>Mister Doctor gave me a good chortle, though.
Mads' delivery was perfect

I am actually looking forward to the Bluray release. Looks pretty aesthetic from what I gathered on the trailers and different from the usual superhero tropes (although i might be wrong).

Wish they got someone with a sense of visuals (like Refn or Wes Anderson) to direct an one volume standalone cape.

>WE AREN'T SAVAGES btw we poop in holes in the ground and don't own any TV's and there isn't any air conditioning

Doctor Strange is supposed to replace Ironman

>TELL ME THIS, MR. BACHELORS DEGREE

wow fuck this guy seriously some people would be happy to graduate high school.

It was pretty good, OP. But they still dumbed it down for some reason. There was way more to explore character wise and regardign the themes of science vs. the occult.

What part of "he was an arrogant asshole doctor before the accident" did you not understand?

This movie was so boring I barely got through it. No character development at ALL Christ what were they thinking.

It says something when Mads character was the most fleshed out in the entire movie.

The only reason to keep watching was to see some new magic trick or some other shit. By the end with the HUR DUR INFINITE TIME LOOP bullshit I was bored to tears.

Same, I couldn't have cared less by the end of it not that there was anything to care about because there basically was no story to speak of.

Strange can easily kill himself if he wants to repeat the loop, he wouldn't stand there and die of old age.

is the screener decent enough to watch?

Derrickson's direction is pretty solid in the visual department. You can see that the studio probably made him include some more standard capeshittery but he did well with it imo.

>Marvel managed to make literally who popular and introduces magic and fucking multiverse concept before founder (DC) of this concept in comics.
>WB struggles to make iconic heroes and A-listers work
>WB throws magic, like, "it just exists, lol"
What the actual fuck?

Like he could easily fix his dumbass hands if some retard from the streets fixed his entire back with magic if he wanted to?

Stupid movie.

Nah, wait for a HD rip. It's coming out on February 14 on Itunes and on 28 on Blu-Ray.

I don't know and it's not like I am a big marvel fag but since the visuals are often really nice to look at I recommend to wait until some decent rips are out.

Please don't derail the thread towards company wars...

Nonetheless, I thought it was funny how flawlessly and easy Marvel can tell and contain a full and satisfying story within less than two hours and DC can't make any of their non-batman heroes work without bullshiting the plot or make their movies at least 50% nonsense.

February. I saw it in some rink dink second showing theatre

>Implying Thanos won't resurrect all the solid dead / missing villains through mastery of the stones to fuck with the Avengers in Infinity War Pt. 1

It was only 115 minutes including the credits, which is pretty short for a MCU movie.

Civil War was 147 minutes, no idea why they didn't give Doctor Strange at least 15 minutes more. One of their shortest movies to date.

Well, above Ultron, in the comics he never "die" , he is there waiting for the right oportunity to attack.

I personally would be totally OK with Red Skull coming back. I fucking love Hugo Weaving.

Seriously, I feel bad for Mads. He was hired in the two most lucrative franchises of our time: star wars & marvel capeshit. And yet he has not progressed to A-list.

Also, I thought Dr. Strange was just alright
>forgettable villain(s)
>humour was actually decent
>visuals were great for marvel movies
>chemistry between cast

HOWEVER:
>no character development whatsoever except for the main one:
>ancient one is barely explained at all: no context given to her decisions or to her pov
>black side-kick somehow becomes a magic fundamentalist
>librarian is an incoherent character
>love interest of strange is ok but really underdeveloped
>all other characters are nameless fodder.

Why did he reverse time on the book to restore the lost pages rather than ON HIS FUCKING HANDS?

Id rank it just beneath Winter Soldier. It was a pretty solid origin story. All the actors were great. Hopefully marvel lets Derrickson go wild with the sequel. I think they played it a bit safe with his first solo outing.

Weaving was great in the role, but I don't think he wants to come back. He might've changed his mind in the last year, but I remember reading somewhere that he didn't want to play him anymore.

He tried. That's why he was messing around with the apple. Trying to get a grasp of how it worked. But he was stopped by Wong and Mordo. It could have created a paradox. And he could have gotten stuck in an infinite loop. Pay attention user.

Hated the "running in place because held back by the cloak" scene.
Movie was good, i didnt love it but considering it was Doctor Strange, a character i couldnt care less about, it was good

Or even better, why didn't he reverse time and save the Ancient one or stop Mads from going evil

Just watched it last night. Dr. Strange has always been my favorite marvel hero since I was a kid and I went in hoping to not be disappointed and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

Why the shit are there so many infinity stones on Earth though

He would have uppercut him, which would have sent Dormammu flying backwards in a planet, which would explode

>He tried. That's why he was messing around with the apple.
Yes, and after that instead of trying to heal his hands he tried to fix the book to see if he could find a way to fix his hands. THEN Wong and Mordo stopped him and explained to him that using the time powers could create paradoxes or loops or fuck up reality in other ways.
You pay attention.

Aren't most of them in space though? I don't even remember where they are now.

One is with Vision, another in Asgard, one with the Collector (though his place got destroyed?), one at Kamar-Taj. I think I'm missing one.

>Why the shit are there so many infinity stones on Earth though

I hope they will actually make this a plot device. It might be an explanation why suddenly so many super heroes and super Inumans appeard int he last decade of this universe but I really hope they will deliver a better explanation than just muh stones got active and a thread was coming.

Why the fuck couldn't he hocus pocus his hands back to normal?
I didn't get that at all.

kinographe

Holy shit, this really went over your head.

The point is that despite having the capacity to fix his hands, he chose not to, to become the new Sorcerer Supreme.

Loki's Scepter
Orb
Aether
Dr. Strange Medaillon
Tesseract

Some folk argue Heimdall has the last one

This is a good point.

Maybe something like, they didnt wanna interfer? Let humanity take care of itself while the sorcerers handle supernatural stuff, also didnt want to expose themselves to a public that may not be ready to accept what they are, that is until things started growing out of hand due to the stones. Now its no longer contained and they have no choice but to expose themselves more?

You could also ask why they didnt step in when red skull was causing trouble. They prob left things alone cause they knew cap was there to handle things.

>Some folk argue Heimdall has the last one

I hope it happens desu. Otherwise Idris Elba's Heimdall is a throwaway character.

When Thanos has the stones and the gauntlet he controls

>space
>time
>reality
>soul
>mind
>power

Dormammu has nothing on him.

They straight up say they let others take care of physical threats while they deal with multidimensional threats.

He'd have to channel energy/magic into his hands at all times, so he chose to use that magic to a better purpose (saving the world).

He's not Sorcerer Supreme yet, it was pretty clear in the movie that he still has a lot to learn. Once he become Sorcerer Supreme I'm pretty sure he will be able to make his hands perfect again without having to choose how he uses magic. On a plot/character level, it was obvious that the major theme of the movie was sacrifice. Strange was an arrogant surgeon that only cared about himself, but by the end he was willing to let go of his ego, sacrifice himself for humanity (he even said to Dormammu that he's willing to die over and over again if that means the people on Earth will be safe) and also let go of his obsession with curing his hands to do something better. Choosing "use magic to save the world" instead of "use magic for myself" is just another part of the sacrifice theme/letting go of his ego. If I remember right the Ancient One even said to him that the lesson he needs to learn is that "this is not about you".

Waste of Elba indeed. Ah well, some actors portray different characters in the mcu

>Doromamu

I doubt MCU Doromamu will be as powerful as his comicbook counterpart. The next villain after Thanos is probably gonna be Doom or Galactus. Doromamu will be a villain Doctor Strange can be on his own.

Yeah, I'm sure he couldn't heal his hands AND be sorc supreme, you fuckin' retard.

Idiotic as hell.

>That Living Tribunal shout out

Come on that was awesome. Who even knows about The Living Tribunal.

Considering mads and his goons were able to resist the time shit I'm sure thanos will too

>HURR, I CAN KEEP LOSING AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR ETERNITY

Truly a hero for the modern male.

Special effects were good (although not revolutionizing, they basically just ripped off Inception), but the story was shite OP.

I like the film but his American accent is brutal, they should have overdubbed some of those lines in the studio until he got them right.

I'm hoping we'll get some more cosmic beings/abstracts in Infinity War, it would be a shame if they passed up the opportunity.

There was already mention of Infinity, Entropy, Eternity and Death in GotG so hopefully they'll appear in IW.

>The wifi password was cringe tier
>Mister Doctor gave me a good chortle, though.
it was the exact other way round for me

I'm pretty sure the Inhuman's will show up in Infinity War unless they scrapped that idea. Inhuman's was originally scheduled in between Infinity War 1 and 2.

Aliens are multidimendional threats tho

I think that idea was scrapped, they'll get a TV show now instead of a movie.

This, after watching his god tier acting in Imitation Game and Sherlock it was physically painful to adapt to his bad American accent.

there's already a hd rip on piratebay

If we're bringing back characters from Cap 1, can we please bring back young Peggy?

Not good quality, already downloaded it. Shit audio and hardcoded korean subs.

what

>Super powered being that is basically "God" gets trapped in a time loop by a mortal.

>God being that's been around for billions of years has less patience than the mortal.

Good taste OP. Loved how it almost felt like a subversion of capeshit tropes sometimes. That scene with Mordo yelling at Strange to kill the bad guys was a ton of fun to watch.

OP here,
Yeah, I liked how it didn't really feel like a capeshit movie at all. It seems like its own unique thing that could have done fine without the others.

Chiwetel Ejiofor was great in this. He brought his A-game even though he could've easily half-ass it due to being a capemovie.

Im not saying they should be bad but if they had one villain for a trilogy it would be a poor representation of the character's vast history and go against the theme of comics having many villains. But since its a movie and not a comic, they cant bring people back for disposable monthly issues and if he isn't coming back he should probably die from a narrative perspective.

Its honestly okay I think some guys are just meant for ultimate supporting actor stardom. He's basically this generations Alan Rickman.

(T)essaract
?
(A)ether
(N)enclace = eye of Agamotto
(O)RB
(S)ceptor

(H)amburger

Yes. Anything to have more Hayley Atwell on screen.

Heimdall?

Heart maybe

>founder (DC) of this concept in comics
stop posting

>Dormammu! I've come for Martha!