This album sucks

This album sucks

Attached: image.jpg (355x355, 12K)

I disagree.

>This album sucks
Yes it does and Darby Crash was a whiny, insufferable junkie that is doing the world a service by being dead.

It was innovative, but the band couldn’t play for shit

I like it though. It’s not bad. Darby Crash’s voice is annoying but what punk vocalist doesn’t suck? Do you not like punk or this album in particular?

i only have a surface level interest in punk/hardcore but even i like most of this album. the lyrics are surprisingly good too. communist eyes is great

I'm looking through
Communist eyes
I'm seeing planes in bloodshot skies
I see the flag of a working people
Who conceal the lies in the stars
and sickle
It's a double edge

Communist eyes-c'mon inside
I can't ever find the way out
Communist eyes-lost inside
I never get a day out

I'm looking through Communist eyes
All I see is an old man's alibi
There's a world outside
but I'm unaware
I open my books but the pages stare
It's a double edge

Communist eyes-all so blind
I can't even play the game now

I'm living through Communist times
I wave my flag and hold me head high
I can feel the glory of my
comrades in masses
But I'm waiting for the day
when this madness passes
It's a double edge...

commies btfo

This

The guitar playing and vocals suck

No YOU suck

take it back

Attached: ink.png (426x353, 281K)

wrong
if you don't think that just works even further in their favour you know fuck all about punk

He went to a California ultra-liberal high school-on a scholarship of course since he was poor white-trash. They ended up throwing him out claiming he was having a cult leader type influence over a lot of the other kids so it's not a big surprise he would write lyrics like this.

Almost as good as early Black Flag

well someone clearly doesnt understand punk music lol

Are y'all fuckin 12? This "pUnK bAnDs DoNt NeEd To Be GoOd" line is the cringiest bullshit, and it's always repeated by ppl who don't know shit about punk music.

I love the Germs, they were the closest thing America had to the dark anarcho punk in the UK, but live they couldn't even play their songs.

yeah but it's great

>Are y'all fuckin 12?
yikes

and no mate I'm not joking, of course some of the very best punk is virtuosic (see: Television) however a lot of punk can get by on originality, good songwriting and the way attitude manifests itself in sound

pic related might not be the best example because Jay was tight as hell, but it sounds dirty and sloppy, and musicianship takes a backseat to everything else

Attached: thrtrds.jpg (500x500, 56K)

it was actually a scientologist school that had specific classes designed to brainwash the students. darby picked up on the semantic tricks the teachers used to mold the students minds and then started applying them himself to get people to do what he wanted

>it needs to be shitty to be top quality
That's why no one like punks.

i listened to it once when I was 16 and really into punk and wasn't a fan. Was also stoned out of my mind so I should probably revisit it at some point

lol are these lyrics good or do you just like the sentiment?

this album's fucking goat