Are there any good horror sequels or are all of them doomed to be inferior to the original

Are there any good horror sequels or are all of them doomed to be inferior to the original

Hellraiser 2.
Halloween 2
Nightmare on elm street 2 is okay if you can appreciate schlock.
TCM 2 is pure kino.
Friday 2 is okay-watchable.
Evil Dead 2 is great
Dawn of the Dead is kino

Amityville 2... for reasons haha

Nightmare on elm street 3 is God tier

Cube 2 was kind of alright in an insane sort of way

Saw 2,3, and 6 are all pretty good desu.

Demons 2
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
Scream 2
Basketcase 2
Saw 2
Tremors 2
Return of the Living Dead 2
Critters 2
The Fly 2
Jeepers Creepers 2
Final Destination 2
Child's Play 2
Pet Sematary 2

aaaand Devil's Rejects. Probably way more I'm forgetting.

New nightmare is better

Wolf Creek 2 aint bad
Cant remember if Cabin Fever 2 was good

New nightmare was shit
>stupid premise
>lame kills
>try's to go serious route by being dark and gritty, meaning no laughs or fun kills, but isn't scary or intresting

New nightmare was the worst of the franchise. Absolute rubbish.

I prefer ''Dr Phibes Rises Again'' over the original ''The Abominable Dr Phibes''

Nah, Freddy's Dead is easily the worst. Nearly unwatchable. New Nightmare is pretty good aside from the ending and the kid's acting.

>Basketcase 2

Granted, the designs of the freaks was great.

they were both pretty good. Vincent Price was fucking based. i wish i could have met him just to see his reaction to "sir, you play an absolutely credible obsessive serial killer."

Seconding this. Saw 4 and 5 kinda blurred together. 7 had a few redeeming qualities, but overall didn't hold up.

6 was at least hilarious because it was being released at the same time Obamacare was going through Congress and the entire premise was Jigsaw kidnapping Insurance workers.

I actually thought the first Hellraiser was lame the fist time I saw it, but thought Hellbound was amazing.

You ever steal an Elm St. sign near where you live. I have and hung it in my house.

I've been tempted for years.

6 is entertaining as hell. Probably my favorite, if not 3.

Jeepers Creepers 2

The Insidious sequels

All the Friday the 13th sequels are entertaining, even the atrocious 9

wincest, amirite? haha

Psycho 2 is the most underrated of all, imo. Then we got Bride of Frankenstein and Dawn of the Dead. I like Night of the Demons 2 and Troll 2 as well.

Since no one has mentioned it yet, I'd like to say that The Exorcist III is pretty supreme.

Hellraiser 2 was pretty great until the doctor became a cenobite.

>The doctor...is in! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Shit's great.

Aliens
Haloween 2, 4, & 5
Friday the 13th 3 & 4 \
Evil Dead 2 & Army of Darkness

My ONLY problem with it was the wobbly t-rex arms of the monster running down the hall. That annoyed me more than it should have