The Young Pope

Why do American """"critics""" hate this show so much? Is it because a strong willed Catholic man with fierce convictions and is unapologetic in the face of liberal identity politics triggering?

plebs gonna what?

So is this just "Church of Cards"?

it's because it's like what would be if Trump became pope

also it's shit

Kind of, except it's actually good and not Netflix schlock

Kino cinematography and bizarre, surreal humor that reminds me of the sopranos

>Kind of

You fucking newfag

the kino version

I wouldn't say so. The political intrigue and backstabbing is a really small part of the show. It's more of a slow burn, with people dealing with their issues relating to religion and doubt.

>So is this just "Church of Cards"?

>strong willed Catholic man
He's hardly Catholic

He's the most Catholic pope than any real pope we've had in the past century

Cucks like Francis just convinced you the church needs to bend to multiculturalism and secular morality

because they think it's an allegory for Trump and they can't stand that he doesn't get BTFO.
You can't make this stuff up

He literally says he doesn't believe in god. Back to your containment board please

>taking that statement at face value

Holy shit neck yourself pleb

Typical plebeian response

No.
It's "House of Cardinals".

>strong willed

He's actually very insecure and uncertain of himself. Trying paying attention next time.

You'd have to be blind not to see that this show is anti-Lenny, regardless of any parallels with Trump there may or may not be.

I'm not caught up yet but the show seems pretty nuanced in its portrayal. He's spiteful and petty but at the same time genuinely devoted to God and the faith. That scene where he commands God to give Esther a child was powerful

>show is shit
>"m-muh liberals, muh sjw"
Fuck off Sup Forums

> let's complain about critics

the "alt-right" have apparently been complaining about this show as well, either because they watched the opening episode and assumed that Lenny was liberal (based on the dream sequence) or they got angry when his character didn't remain static.

I call this show """""the young poop"""" bebehehee take that christians

>devoted to God and the faith
actually he doesn't even believe in god

americans are plebeians at heart. always have, always will be.

>Why do American """"critics""" hate this show so much? Is it because a strong willed Catholic man with fierce convictions and is unapologetic in the face of liberal identity politics triggering?

Its probably because the first 3 episodes were boring as fuck and lacked anything resembling a point.

>actually he doesn't even believe in god
If you believe that for even half a second you're a god damn idiot who didn't understand this show at all.

Because no one gives a shit about religion anymore, one way or the other

>implying Trump is anywhere near as intelligent and articulate as Lenny

>tfw no more comfy pre-America release TYP threads

Damn. Am I that idiot?
I knew I was too pleb for this show

>I've browsed a Cantonese pictograph slab for 14 years
Who are you trying to impress really?

No, it's not at all. If you watched the entire series and believe this you're literally too retarded to watch the show

I don't like that he's mean to everyone :(

>Intelligent, Nihilistic and with a Wicked Sense of Humor
He's just like me xD

And a virgin too. Exactly like you

What critics are you talking about?

K-know that I kissed two girls