Is the Hobbit trilogy the worst movie adaptation of all time?

Is the Hobbit trilogy the worst movie adaptation of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/eragon/
rottentomatoes.com/m/seeker_the_dark_is_rising/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>of all time

Name one worse major motion picture based on a well known book than this shit.

Harry Potter shit
AKIRA
Johnny Nmumonic

eragon

Judged purely as an adaptation of the source material?

The Cat in the Hat

rottentomatoes.com/m/eragon/
rottentomatoes.com/m/seeker_the_dark_is_rising/

Inkheart. I fucking loved that book and the movie was a piece of shit.

lmao, read the books and just looked up the movie and based brendan fraser is in the lead, can't believe it

Starship Troopers was a parody of its source material. It doesn't get much worse than that.

Not even remotely close

>The Last Airbender
>Dragonball
>Eragon

Atleast The Hobbit has good visuals and some solid parts as a result from its origin

The Martian, Eragon, Fifty Shades of Grey, Hunger Games, Twilight all has garbage source-material and is, respectively, far worse.

Harry Potter 3 is decent, would say it's equal to An Unexpected Journey

>tfw forgot about Eragon
Okay the Hobbit wasn't that bad.

>the dwarf in a barrel scene
that's when it became clear to me that cgi is cancer

>MC/role is literally based on brendan
>it's a decent kid's book
>barely makes back it's budget
>no sequels
being Brendan is truly suffering

>Akira
>bad
Shit taste m8

No, seriously, Akira, Ghost in the Shell and any other manga adaptation where they put too much material into too little movie time so it just ends up feeling like a mess.

While I think Akira would be better adapted as a series than just a movie, the movie itself is fucking great.

Nope

What was wrong with it? Keep in mind I only saw the first movie.

I watched it with a friend and we both just burst out laughing incredulously when that scene started. And then it just kept going and going for what felt like forever. And our laughs slowly quieted as it the true horror of what we were watching set in. The Hobbit was Looney Tunes.

fucking THIS. I remember going to see the movie and I was so fucking disappointed.

A guy in my theater actually yelled when that happened, and he was ranting about the movie afterwards too.

The shining is way worse.

I thoroughly enjoyed this when it came out, what ever happened to Stuart Townsend?

I have never bothered to watch the Hobbit movies after the first 40 minutes of the first one, which was phantom menace-tier bad. As soon as Radagast showed up and started acting like Jar Jar Binks I immediately turned it off.

It sounds like it only gets worse from there

>The cartoonish barrel escape sequence, where Orcs are attacking them as they float down the river and somehow don't die
>Legolas is suddenly a main character
>Forced love triangle with Kili, Tauriel, and Legolas
>Way the fuck too much time spent in Laketown focusing on original characters
>Smaug can't kill a single Dwarf in his own lair and ends up getting so frustrated that he runs away after getting splashed by a giant molten gold dwarf statue

I admit its kinda a guilty pleasure for me but it fails as a adaptation on almost every level

no.

yes.

Not even close